******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
You're not buying Gold Ammo like in Word of Thanks or premium vehicles otherwise not obtainable in game. Someone is buying the same vehicle (with the aim to support the game) you'll buy in a week of play - for example.

If you'll actually find the game fun to play, I rather think is much more interesting to unlock assets by playing than straight out buying them. So more fun for the "cheap" guy.
And if you join a org, you can just use someone else's ship to fly for a bit too

Soldato
9IWO2Ar.png

If I log-in right now, how many of the promised 100 systems can I go and explore and have a general mooch about in? And how many planets, moons and other bodies does each system have?

Associate
9IWO2Ar.png

If I log-in right now, how many of the promised 100 systems can I go and explore and have a general mooch about in? And how many planets, moons and other bodies does each system have?

To be fair that goal was based upon it being like Privateer with only designated automated landing zones. The goal was enhanced to semi-handcrafted and fully explorable planets, moons, space stations etc. Once the server meshing tech is ready there will be more systems live though I doubt they are still going to come very quickly. You can see the star map on the web site for all of the systems they have planned.

As you are interested in the current planets, here is a recent vid from a large non-Star Citizen centric youtuber looking at them and the different types of biomes in the game:

Soldato
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Soldato
Thanks. During invictus week, are starter packs cheaper?
They have been previous years but there no guarantee on that and we never know till it happens. I would say sign up, try the free-flight. If it happens to drop a few quid go for it if you enjoying free flight (note performance does normally drop a little cause the servers get hammered 5 fold to normal) and otherwise just wait. There is no rush to get into Star Citizen now if you don't enjoy it much or it too buggy at min.

Soldato
Thanks. During invictus week, are starter packs cheaper?
i would just play it on free fly for a week and decide if it is a game you want to jump in properly.

Me personally i tell my real life friends to wait until Server meshing and Pyro comes before jumping into the game as the Server meshing part is one of the last tech pillars needed for this game and basically turns this into a proper scalable MMO game.

ETA on Server meshing (first version of it) and pyro star system? Who knows but i predict Q2 next year. Again it is just a estimate on my view based on the progress they have outlined over the last 6 months or so.

Caporegime
As others have said, sign up for an account but don't buy in yet, there will be a free-fly event in a couple of weeks, they will give you a couple of ships and you can rent any ship (again free) you like the look of from the daily rotating displays during the event, make as much use as you can from that week, give it a proper chance and decide then. :)

Soldato
Doesn't performance usually tank during free fly events though?
Yep generally but I was getting anything from 60fps in cities, 80fps in bunker missions, 100fps in quantum travel to 160fps out flying in space so even if people are getting 30-50fps during the freefly it should at least be enough to give it a test and see what think about it if they are already interested.

Caporegime
This is a cool bug, you can load any ammo in to one of the shot guns, grenades, rail gun rounds... because its a shot gun it will multiply each round as if they were shot gun pellets.

The results are quite spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom