Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
How comes whisky for example labelled with Prime Delivery has fastest delivery Saturday?, isn’t the point of prime that you get it next day.

I sometimes buy a bottle of whisky on Amazon, just find it strange why some stuff is next day and other items with a prime option 3 days from now for delivery. It’s the same for all bottles of whisky.
That's an odd one, glitch on the app perhaps, try a cache refresh and reload.

Just searched whiskey, clicked the prime button on app and got pages showing delivery tomorrow, 12th May.

Man of Honour
Next day delivery doesn't seem quite as extensive as it used to be - see a few things which are "free delivery with Prime" from 3rd parties, etc. which are 2-3 days and the occasional fulfilled by Amazon item which is a few days.

EDIT: Does it show as an EU product?

Soldato

Just searched whiskey, clicked the prime button on app and got pages showing delivery tomorrow, 12th May.

Thanks, it must be a cache issue on my safari browser on my mac, as on my phone app it says tomorrow delivery for all prime items.

Update/ I was being an idiot, I hadn't signed in to the website and I thought the description under each item was saying Saturday as the earliest delivery as it had Prime next to that date. Logged in and everything was next day:o:D

Man of Honour
One thing which is annoying me a bit - because of the categories I often purchase from and volume, etc. Amazon passively aggressively accuses me of being a business and keeps trying to trick me into opening a business account which is just getting annoying now as I am not a business or purchasing for one and there is no benefit to me having one, in fact potentially the opposite.

Associate
One thing which is annoying me a bit - because of the categories I often purchase from and volume, etc. Amazon passively aggressively accuses me of being a business and keeps trying to trick me into opening a business account which is just getting annoying now as I am not a business or purchasing for one and there is no benefit to me having one, in fact potentially the opposite.

Me too. It's been going on for more than year and I just ignore them. I haven't even been spending that much with Amazon recently but I received another a few days ago.

Man of Honour
Me too. It's been going on for more than year and I just ignore them. I haven't even been spending that much with Amazon recently but I received another a few days ago.

It is getting annoying, not just the email spam, as they are starting to put business relevant elements on the page before or instead of the normal personal account stuff even though I have a personal account and if I'm not careful it will take me into trying to sign up for a business account instead of going through the normal shopping process so I have to go back and make sure it is on the right option before I continue, etc.

Soldato
Subscribe and Save

Any hints on using this - I started a couple last week on 2 month schedules, and they were delivered
1. Account &lists -> 'Your subscribe and save Items'
my items are not yet listed on my account so that I can clearly see when they would be delivered next to put a reminder in my calendar (do they intentionally make this hard to find?)
2. Prices on these articles are fixed - so if you kept it running you would be inflation proofed ?

Soldato
Subscribe and Save

Any hints on using this - I started a couple last week on 2 month schedules, and they were delivered
my items are not yet listed on my account so that I can clearly see when they would be delivered next to put a reminder in my calendar (do they intentionally make this hard to find?)
2. Prices on these articles are fixed - so if you kept it running you would be inflation proofed ?
It's a bit ropey. I wait for them to email me and then sort it out. To answer your Q2 - no, the prices still update so you need to be careful.

Soldato
Subscribe and Save

How I use S & S:

Don't place repeat orders for too much stuff, prices will change when it ships. You can lock in prices if you can get it to create an actual order, at least for the next delivery.

You need 5 products to reach the best discount level, which can be as much as 15%.

If you need several of something, splitting it into separate subscriptions will make it easier to hit the 5 product level. If a product is out of stock and they can't ship it, they may still count it as one of the 5 products for the purposes of working out the discount.

I tend to do one off orders more than anything. You aren't tied to a specific timeframe. You can place an order for subscribe and save as a one off, and then cancel the whole thing down once you receive it.

Minimum frequency is 1 month, but you can get more frequently by adjusting the next delivery date after you receive an order. Can be useful if the product you want has a quantity limit per order.

Doesn't actually require Prime to function.

Soldato
1 of the items can be a small bandage, 30p If you discount something expensive 15% its worth it and bi annual delivery is zero commitment.

There is a long list of vouchers to go with it.

Is there a sale approaching, prime day or something

Prime day is next month I think.

Yes an item can be anything small, as long as it's useful, I'd not add a bandage I didn't want over something else I did want.

Associate

Happens a lot, I am a prime customer and there is a lot of 2 and 3 day delivery items that say prime.

Not sure why they are allowed to say prime when it's not next day.

Man of Honour
Happens a lot, I am a prime customer and there is a lot of 2 and 3 day delivery items that say prime.

Not sure why they are allowed to say prime when it's not next day.

I look closely now because I've been caught out many times, you search for Prime, buy it and then wonder where it is only to see it will be dispatched in 3 days time.

Soldato
How I use S & S:

Don't place repeat orders for too much stuff, prices will change when it ships. You can lock in prices if you can get it to create an actual order, at least for the next delivery.

You need 5 products to reach the best discount level, which can be as much as 15%.

If you need several of something, splitting it into separate subscriptions will make it easier to hit the 5 product level. If a product is out of stock and they can't ship it, they may still count it as one of the 5 products for the purposes of working out the discount.

I tend to do one off orders more than anything. You aren't tied to a specific timeframe. You can place an order for subscribe and save as a one off, and then cancel the whole thing down once you receive it.

Minimum frequency is 1 month, but you can get more frequently by adjusting the next delivery date after you receive an order. Can be useful if the product you want has a quantity limit per order.

Doesn't actually require Prime to function.
I think I do a subtle different thing in that I subscribe to lots of things (32 subs) but set the recurrence to 6 months or so. When I get my notification to configure my S&S shipment I then bring things forward/skip them as necessary. At this point I remind myself what I paid previously, as some stuff rockets up in price - 0% beer being the best example where I almost paid £40/24 cans instead of £15.

Soldato
I've tended to avoid subscribe and save, even though it probably costs me more money on some stuff, in the past I've not found it too reliable after 1-2 months stuff often not in stock or vanishes.
I'm a bit wary of it now. Had hayfever medication on it, and stock is ... erratic so it has never appeared on time yet. So I cancelled it last week.

Soldato
Next day delivery doesn't seem quite as extensive as it used to be - see a few things which are "free delivery with Prime" from 3rd parties, etc. which are 2-3 days and the occasional fulfilled by Amazon item which is a few days.

EDIT: Does it show as an EU product?
The stuff I ordered from marketplace sellers turned up quicker than Amazons which they shoved thru the letterbox bending it in half without even ringing the doorbell. Also I ordered 2 items and only 1 in the package, not impressed.

Soldato
To answer your Q2 - no, the prices still update so you need to be careful.
You can lock in prices if you can get it to create an actual order, at least for the next delivery.
thanks, all

since I don't have prime the S&S orders need to be >£20 to avoid delivery so, I'll need to bring them forward, or skip them to combine with other purchases, so I should be able to confirm price. (the 2 initially subscribed to had to be combined to exceed £20)

I think I do a subtle different thing in that I subscribe to lots of things (32 subs) but set the recurrence to 6 months or so. When I get my notification to configure my S&S shipment I then bring things forward/skip them as necessary.
OK if they give you sufficient notice to abort the shipment managing 32 doesn't sound too bad
... albeit I currently just access amazon from a PC (never tried their app) so hopefully their alerts are robust.

sounds like I need a parallel camel camel alert on the S&S products in case they have a good deal I want to exploit, too.

Man of Honour
The stuff I ordered from marketplace sellers turned up quicker than Amazons which they shoved thru the letterbox bending it in half without even ringing the doorbell. Also I ordered 2 items and only 1 in the package, not impressed.

I was impressed with one of the 3rd party sellers recently - ordered ~11pm, 9am courier at the door...

Most stuff with Amazon has been next day though, very rare it has been delayed in transit and still loads of stuff next day delivery despite an increase in stuff which might be 2-3 days - not including the EU shipped items. For instance just doing a quick search for NVME storage of specific parameters that I was just shopping for with Prime the first ~22 listings on page 1 were all next day except 1 which was Friday and 1 which is Saturday for some reason - neither are EU shipped or coming from a marketplace seller covered by the Prime delivery.

Back
Top Bottom