Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
the custom box wouldn't identify the specific item though,
packing stuff together if items won't damage one another seems best ... it's still manual picking ?(worldwide?) not like Occado say.

PM candidates haven't suggested any new taxation for online merchants, have to wait for labour for some unionization/better work processes.

chocolate I ordered in last heat wave was wisely delayed .. but with some planning still don't need next day delivery (or box meals/deliveroo ..)

Man of Honour
Didn’t know amazon had opened up its delivery service to outside companies. Ordered something online and got shipping notification from amazon shipping, thought it was a scam at 1st but turns out amazon are using the spare capacity in their network to deliver other company’s parcels.
The next part of their takeover of the world :D

Soldato
Didn’t know amazon had opened up its delivery service to outside companies. Ordered something online and got shipping notification from amazon shipping, thought it was a scam at 1st but turns out amazon are using the spare capacity in their network to deliver other company’s parcels.
It’s been a thing for years, Amazon offer a fulfilment service whether it’s sold on their website or not.

The item will have come from an Amazon warehouse if it was delivered via Amazon. You’ll probably find the seller also sells on Amazon and it’s cheaper to just dispatch everything from Amazons warehouse than it is to use their own space or another 3rd party fulfilment provider for their non-Amazon sales.

Associate
It’s been a thing for years, Amazon offer a fulfilment service whether it’s sold on their website or not.

The item will have come from an Amazon warehouse if it was delivered via Amazon. You’ll probably find the seller also sells on Amazon and it’s cheaper to just dispatch everything from Amazons warehouse than it is to use their own space or another 3rd party fulfilment provider for their non-Amazon sales.

They do sell them on amazon but it’s a custom teddy so not stored at amazon warehouses. Tracking shows amazon collecting it from snugzy warehouse then using their network as usual. I just thought amazon delivery only delivered their own stuff or fulfilment orders they actually stored. Snugzy must have only switched fairly recently as my last one I ordered come by DPD.

Soldato
not sure where they made any money ... Prime isn't free ? £70 odd no
at end of year if you reviewed orders could you have easily grouped them to get 'free' postage, saving that fee

Soldato
GF got 10 amazon packages this morning postman was chuckling :p

Why they didnt box them together?!?!!?
There are about 17 different distribution hubs for amazon across the Uk and multiple items will be sent from different places. You can select to have everything come in minimal boxes when ordering but this add's more time as it all gets sent to a single site before being despatched to you.

Caporegime
Well I think Sweden has 1 of such fulfilment centres and seeing as she bought 3 of the same product and they all came in separate boxes/packs I'd say that's was bad.

Oh another arrived this morning, 3 items in it.... Mysterious :p

Soldato
Getting fed up with Prime. They used to be awesome, same day delivery on many products and guaranteed next day for 99% of their stock. My Astro A50s died so I want to order new ones. £250 on Amazon which is the going rate, great thinks I, I'll order it on Prime Now and have it in a couple of hours. Price? £350. £100 more for same day delivery. Fair enough, I can use an alternative for the night and get them delivered tomorrow. Can I? No. Wednesday soonest. It's not like I live in the sticks either.

Prime cancelled. Not worth paying extra for delivery which can be had free elsewhere.

/Rant

They didn't have anything for Tuesday for next day, I noticed it because everything was for Wednesday delivery

They disabled it because of the expected heat on Tuesday

Never had issues with next day delivery also find it impressive how late the cut of time can be , currently on 6 months free prime

Soldato
Prime going out to £8.99pm or £95 a year now. Sucks but probably just about still worth it for me right now but only just.

About the same with me.

I'm spending more time now search the web for what I want, rather than just Amazon, which in the past would have slightly gone Amazon's way, but now with more expensive items, many sites are offering free postage and are just edging Amazon out.

Back
Top Bottom