• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Whatever the reason, prices arent "dropping" any more. 3070 and 3060ti haven't moved in the last couple of weeks. Still £100 over msrp for the cheapest cards. It looks like thats where it will continue to sit. I dont see next gen coming at MSRP, unless MSRP is much higher

Probably some people are still buying at those prices and/or can't get lower prices from distributors and such. Maybe keeping them high intentionally so that people cave in to the new normal. It can only be push so far though without sales.

koh

koh

Associate
Disappointing isn't it. They've been plateaued a bit north of "fair" for quite a while now. Hoped the latest AMD refresh would put some downward pressure on them, but doesn't seem like. Probably buy AMD instead, they're just priced better per frame right now.
They have dropped in price in some cases. Been looking at 6800xt and Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Pulse was £999 in March now £818. Nearly 20% drop but still not enough for me to open my wallet.

Associate
Disappointing isn't it. They've been plateaued a bit north of "fair" for quite a while now. Hoped the latest AMD refresh would put some downward pressure on them, but doesn't seem like. Probably buy AMD instead, they're just priced better per frame right now.
Going by OCUK prices. the 6750XT, which reviews say is approx 3070 performance (i havent had the time yet to look at reviews properly, i admit) starts at £560, the 3070 is £579 now so you right... the cheapest 3070 is more expensive now, then it was a few weeks ago.
the 6650XT looks similar in performance to the 3060ti, and is £400 compared to the £479 of the 3060ti. I'll have to look into the benchmarks in more detail, as that might be the way to go if i cant get a 3060ti or 3070 FE.

Soldato
They have dropped in price in some cases. Been looking at 6800xt and Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Pulse was £999 in March now £818. Nearly 20% drop but still not enough for me to open my wallet.

The higher end does seem to have been dropping, agreed. But many people (me being one) are looking for midrange 1440p/1080p cards, which is more like the 3060-3060ti and 6600xt-6700xt - and those are just locked. The 'good' 3060ti cards have consistently been £559-599, the AMD options feel better priced, although they are still really not coming south of £400. Fairly sure the RRP for these was meant to be closer to £300, so this kind of stings, but it is what it is.

the 6650XT looks similar in performance to the 3060ti, and is £400 compared to the £479 of the 3060ti. I'll have to look into the benchmarks in more detail, as that might be the way to go if i cant get a 3060ti or 3070 FE.

Yeah, looks like it's about midway between a 3060 and a 3060ti, with relatively low power draw. And you can get a 'good' one (e.g. Sapphire Nitro) for £430, vs £559 for a 'good' 3060ti.

Just ordered a 6650xt Nitro, hopefully get that tomorrow. Are they overpriced? A bit. Are they amazing cards? Not really. They're just mainstream mid-rangers. But it's gonna be a lot faster than my current 1060 in everything, and it'll let me actually turn on freesync and use 75hz refresh, which will be nice :)

OcUK Staff
Just had further price support from Powercolor, so there stack is now re-adjusted. :)

Unfortunately over the last week or two the pound has become weak, is hence why prices did not fall further or in some cases have increased slightly. Most manufacturers have now supported and re-adjusted their pricing so this is pretty much where the market is sitting now, as to sales well sales are very strong in general on GPU's last month and continues to remain strong this month.

Caporegime
Just had further price support from Powercolor, so there stack is now re-adjusted. :)

Unfortunately over the last week or two the pound has become weak, is hence why prices did not fall further or in some cases have increased slightly. Most manufacturers have now supported and re-adjusted their pricing so this is pretty much where the market is sitting now, as to sales well sales are very strong in general on GPU's last month and continues to remain strong this month.

And while you're here, what's the story with powercolor warranties? I bought a 6900xt ultimate with a piddly 2 year warranty which I only noticed several weeks after buying it, suddenly the 6950 appears and it has a 3 year warranty? Is this something to do with stores dictating the warranty as the 6950xt here is also available "elsewhere" with a 2 year warranty, To me that seems like its more down to the store if warranty on the same card varies depending where you buy it.

Soldato
generally down to they are selling enough quantities so they dont have to price cut

OcUK Staff
And while you're here, what's the story with powercolor warranties? I bought a 6900xt ultimate with a piddly 2 year warranty which I only noticed several weeks after buying it, suddenly the 6950 appears and it has a 3 year warranty? Is this something to do with stores dictating the warranty as the 6950xt here is also available "elsewhere" with a 2 year warranty, To me that seems like its more down to the store if warranty on the same card varies depending where you buy it.

It is a typo on 6950 XT now corrected, they offer 2yr, always have done.
Requested they change it many times, the same was requested from Sapphire who after around 3-5 years of me constantly asking for 3yr warranty decided to do it.

So maybe in another year or two Powercolor will as well, I shall send them the link to this thread, maybe in a couple of years they will also offer 3yr warranty. :)

Soldato
The RX 6650 XT is looking like a fairly ideal card for 1080p:

Good Halo performance at 1080p:

Full review:

Looks like it's possible to get ~5% more performance out of it from overclocking too:

I think a few frames would be lost on an older PCI 3.0 board, though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Boost clock on the 6650 XT is 2635 MHz, which again seems to prove my point that the highest clocked Ampere and RDNA 2 cards tend to offer the best value.

Not sure about the RX 6750 XT though. Still a bit better value than equivalent Nvidia cards, I suppose?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom