BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Popped into my local BMW dealers yesterday & found these in stock

M5 - Brand new but have to say the colour is not to my tastes :D
NUZth2c.jpg

840D - Do like the look of this, & was more affordable than the M8 they also had in stock
JXlIp5D.jpg

M4 - Interested in this one, but not sure on owning a white car
kNvS3NK.jpg

M8 - really liked this unfortunately, out of my price range at £88K
FLaaoBS.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed, the M4 was marked up at £46k which I agree is a bit much. I'm thinking of spending more around the £30K mark when I eventually PX my current car.
I'm in no rush, my current car is fine just fancy more power :D

They had a brand new M2 in stock for £49k, which was very nice but not quite what I want

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I need to top up the coolant for my m340d, can't find anywhere obvious that says what I need and Halford/ euro car parts saybthey can't help? Any ideas?
Is that normal? I wouldn't expect a car to be needing coolant, unless it's an M54 and it has dumped all its coolant when the water pump fails :p

Soldato

Did a rinseless wash today and installed my dashcam although it isn't quite finished yet as I quite can't hide all the cables over the rear windows.

In the next couple of months, plans are to read thre manual, install mat black side skirt extensions to match the front spoiler and diffuser, get some chipex to touch up a few chips, and will get it detailed in a couple of months (including a Stage 1 or 2 machine polish) with a ceramic coating applied. Once I join a forum, I'll see what easy quality of life mods are recommended.

Not a huge fan of the grey wingmirrors but I can live with them, although will see if they can be wrapped in black or something.

So my first issue has cropped up. I have had a "Rear Right Indicator Failure" 3 times now over the last 2 days. Both times, it was after it had been raining, but that could just be anecdotal. Indicators still appear to work, so it just seems to be an error message so to speak. The issue has been widely reported on M2 but also other models in the F22 range and even cross-platform:
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1702389

The car is 6 weeks into a 3-month indy dealer warranty, which I know is probably not saying a lot. I was going to wait for it to run out before considering getting BMW's own warranty. It seems I could just code out the error message using BimmerCode (as seems to be an unofficial fix), but I guess I will try to see what the dealer/warranty provider say they will cover. I will email them tomorrow.

Thoughts, or anyone had the same on their models? Any chance BMW would replace themselves as it's bordering on a recall-type problem, but officially isn't? Apparently even a replacement sealed light unit might not resolve it for sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Hi All, Go easy with me please, first BMW for around 20 years just purchased :D I have a G20 with a 69 plate and I cant seem to find a few answers.
I understand that it should be compatible with Android Auto but the AA app isn't showing after pairing my phone, so I can only mirror which isn't great. I expect this could be a missing software update but the Remote Upgrade on the BMW App (or in car) isn't showing anything new available or via the VIN checker on the BMW update site that states: No update is necessary, the software will be updated Automatically.
The only guides I can find are for aftermarket conversions or where AA is already present. Any help on either updating or Android Auto much appreciated. cheers

Soldato
Hi All, Go easy with me please, first BMW for around 20 years just purchased :D I have a G20 with a 69 plate and I cant seem to find a few answers.
I understand that it should be compatible with Android Auto but the AA app isn't showing after pairing my phone, so I can only mirror which isn't great. I expect this could be a missing software update but the Remote Upgrade on the BMW App (or in car) isn't showing anything new available or via the VIN checker on the BMW update site that states: No update is necessary, the software will be updated Automatically.
The only guides I can find are for aftermarket conversions or where AA is already present. Any help on either updating or Android Auto much appreciated. cheers

Does sound like software. When they first came out I believe they had a weird qwerk where you could only use android to unlock the car but once in you could only use apple car play!

Associate
Yeah Apple Carplay is installed but I believe that was in the original build and Android came out in 2020. Strange why no update is available as mine shows version 07/2019.30.. I hope one of their "geniuses" can help me out if no one here as a solution. cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah Apple Carplay is installed but I believe that was in the original build and Android came out in 2020. Strange why no update is available as mine shows version 07/2019.30.. I hope one of their "geniuses" can help me out if no one here as a solution. cheers
Some cars didn't have the over the air update enabled, the dealer has to enable it from their systems and also the download of android auto. Its in the apps and comes through as an update to the apps rather than being part of the base install on a car that old.

Associate
Some cars didn't have the over the air update enabled, the dealer has to enable it from their systems and also the download of android auto. Its in the apps and comes through as an update to the apps rather than being part of the base install on a car that old.
Thanks for the explanation, that would probably explain why its never been updated (or back to the dealer as far as I can tell). I guess I will be paying them a visit. cheers, that gives me some hope!

Soldato
Anyone noticed BMW have now introduced a £15 "environmental disposal charge" if you do anything fluid related now. A BS scope charge and now this. Next there will be an oil charge and extra for the filter.

Have they not been disposing of oil in an environmentally friendly manner previously?

*An Environmental Disposal Charge is mandatory for the service(s) you have selected.
**The standard scope is a necessary requirement carried out for the service(s) you have selected.
Your BMW Technician will interrogate your vehicle's computer for error messages and reset completed service indicators.

I also like how if you select standard scope, you pay a standard scope charge on the standard scope.

Back
Top Bottom