BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Cross post from the 'What have I done to my car today' thread.

Went to North Weald for a Drive Limits day. Everything with TC off, so pretty new to me as I only ever have it on TC on or MDM occasionally.

This was the handling circuit at the end. It's more difficult than it looks due to the bumps and changing surface.

Video of me almost spinning.

The best 'sideways' I captured.

Probably my fastest with the back end coming slightly out.

I think I managed it much neater with little movement. Entry speed is 80-90 mph before going on the brakes.

Well worth doing.

Man of Honour
That looks interesting Chris. I daren't have TC off much on the roads, it's a bit too lively. Though I will say the Comp feels more controllable than the regular M4/M3. I'm also on P Zero's which are performing better than expected, but no substitute for PS4S.

I'd like to be able to push the car a bit in a safe environment, but not a track day as such.

Man of Honour
I'd like to be able to push the car a bit in a safe environment, but not a track day as such.
That's exactly why I did it, so when on track and the back starts coming round at least I have some experience of it. I don't think I'd ever do full TC off though, on track and a hot summer day on the road maybe MDM but that's it.

Associate

Went to North Weald for a Drive Limits day. Everything with TC off, so pretty new to me as I only ever have it on TC on or MDM occasionally.

This was the handling circuit at the end. It's more difficult than it looks due to the bumps and changing surface.

I think I managed it much neater with little movement. Entry speed is 80-90 mph before going on the brakes.

Well worth doing.

I need to book a session with Drive Limits when I'm back in the UK - thanks for posting this. Is this one of the instructors that used to work for "Car Limits"? Looks fun and isnt too expensive. I've heard the track/runway is notoriously bad for stone chips though?

Man of Honour
I need to book a session with Drive Limits when I'm back in the UK - thanks for posting this. Is this one of the instructors that used to work for "Car Limits"? Looks fun and isnt too expensive. I've heard the track/runway is notoriously bad for stone chips though?
Yes he used to work for Car Limits until they went bust. He'll probably tell you the story if you go.

Yes the track bit if quite rough if I'm honest, but I didn't pick up any new damage from what I could see, in fact I ended up with a tiny chip on my windscreen on the drive there!

Soldato
Just ordered new front discs, pads and sensors for the F80. £594.11 including delivery with owner's club discount from Cotswold Cheltenham BMW. I was (reasonably) pleasantly surprised by that.

For reference the existing set is from new and has done 87k miles (including two track days and a Nurburgring trip). Back ones are not far off needing being done as well, but probably a few thousand miles left in them.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Any Alpine White F30's with 403M wheels in Ferric Grey? My 403M's need refurbing and can't decided what colour to go for, Ferric Grey, Orbital Grey or Antachrite... :confused: My photoshop skills are rusty, just trying to see if there are any examples before I start messing about in Photoshop.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Yes the track bit if quite rough if I'm honest, but I didn't pick up any new damage from what I could see, in fact I ended up with a tiny chip on my windscreen on the drive there!

Here's a clip from the McLaren - I didn't record much of the day but in this clip you get a decent idea of how bumpy the surface is and the bits of gravel/stones etc.

OcUK Staff

Well worth doing.

M3 looks very rewarding to drive on the limits, it also sounds really good too.

Associate
Anyone with HUD had a windscreen replacement? And if so was it a BMW stamped one? Picked up a crack in mine today on the motorway and concerned a non-BMW replacement is not going to be as good in quality. Only had the car 6 weeks too :rolleyes:

Soldato
I brought my AUC 530d with HUD with an aftermarket windscreen already fitted and it's fine :) There are complaints about on forums but it seems to largely relate to bad fitting rather than the screen itself.

Soldato
Anyone with HUD had a windscreen replacement? And if so was it a BMW stamped one? Picked up a crack in mine today on the motorway and concerned a non-BMW replacement is not going to be as good in quality. Only had the car 6 weeks too :rolleyes:
Why can't you get a BMW stamped one, do you have windscreen cover?

When my Velar got a chip, I kicked up a fuss with auto glass and they got my insurance provider to sign off an OEM one.

Man of Honour
Are ISOFIX mounts universal? I have no idea how to fix my ISOFIX base into my F80, it goes in the Tiguan just fine. Do I need some guides to go in the slot?

Soldato
New pads and discs arrived yesterday. Discs look MASSIVE when they're in your hands!!!
Are ISOFIX mounts universal? I have no idea how to fix my ISOFIX base into my F80, it goes in the Tiguan just fine. Do I need some guides to go in the slot?
Should be straightforward...they're a tiny bit high up I find in mine compared to the wife's car, but you just need to lift the arms ever so slightly in the slot until they engage the locking bar

Man of Honour
Should be straightforward...they're a tiny bit high up I find in mine compared to the wife's car, but you just need to lift the arms ever so slightly in the slot until they engage the locking bar
That's the issue I'm having, with the base on the seat I can't seem to get the arms in high enough in order to engage. Maybe it's the base unit itself.

Back
Top Bottom