My new car, again... again

Soldato
lovely car/venue didn't see much coverage on the tv.

The elephant in the room - you'd given your phone to a policeman on a horse ? or ... you participated in the equine event.

Soldato
OP
lovely car/venue didn't see much coverage on the tv.

The elephant in the room - you'd given your phone to a policeman on a horse ? or ... you participated in the equine event.
It was just a photo I'd seen published - horseback photo isn't mine :)
1) Congrats on your continuing success.
2) Beautiful machine.

I couldn't imagine owning one over here with all the inattentive drivers. I regularly watch people crash, go into telegraph poles etc.
The car is really quite big, it's almost impossible to miss!

Soldato
people slam doors into my car in supermarkets / car parks, i could never leave such a high value thing for the masses to ruin it.

both sides of my car are damaged, the scum who did it just walked off

Soldato
OP
oh oh

This vehicle's MOT is overdueYou can be fined up to £1000 for driving without a valid MOT
This vehicle may be MOT exempt, for more information refer to MOT exemption guidance
Except it isn't. The MOT History website is not correct. You can check the government's own MOT Check site and it shows as MOT'd: https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

You can check the MOT History for the car by searching with the plate IIL8. I've no idea why the government can't keep their own databases synchronised.

OcUK Staff
Except it isn't. The MOT History website is not correct. You can check the government's own MOT Check site and it shows as MOT'd: https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

You can check the MOT History for the car by searching with the plate IIL8. I've no idea why the government can't keep their own databases synchronised.

More to the point, why is anyone checking that, seems kind of sad......

I've accidently run cars with no MOT for months, never been pulled, normally when it comes to tax them and I cannot because I forgot to do the MOT, lol. :D

Soldato
Stunning motor... Does it feel that big on the road... My M5 feels huge.. Feels bigger than our X5. Country roads are twitchy and dont try Hardknott and Wrynose.... That was a mistake in the M5

Man of Honour
Stunning motor... Does it feel that big on the road... My M5 feels huge.. Feels bigger than our X5. Country roads are twitchy and dont try Hardknott and Wrynose.... That was a mistake in the M5

I find it quite strange with vehicles how 2 very similar ones can feel very different in terms of how big they seem on the road.

Soldato
I find it quite strange with vehicles how 2 very similar ones can feel very different in terms of how big they seem on the road.
Its odd isn't it. Maybe something with ride height. Or how expensive the wheels are. Or if its yours or the wifes!!

Soldato
OP
It doesn't feel that big on the road, no. It's about 2 metres wide which is similar to most 'big' cars. The length of 6.1m is much larger than most, but that's only really an issue parking and slow manoeuvring. You feel the long wheelbase a little when driving enthusiastically, but it's not super noticeable. You do notice you are driving at a similar height/seating position to a mid size SUV, though, which is quite funny for what is a traditional saloon car :D You can park it next to anything and it commands attention.

Some examples of parking problems due to the length, nearly touching the wall one side and starting to go up the kerb on the other...

xzJkPVl.jpeg yQOlB9N.jpeg

Does mean it's easy to spot in a car park though :)

6SuTorF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom