My new car, again... again

mjt

mjt

Soldato
He already said I think, was close to 400k. It is a big comfortable car you could even live in, worth every penny. :D
That's new price isn't it? None of my business, but judging by the fact the cars traded were around £200k combined, I'd say between £250-£300k?

Soldato
OP
Years ago I had Mk2 -Mk3 Ford Zodiacs which were square and boxy and could park them in a gap a few feet longer than the car.

Now with my Focus I can't see any corner and struggle to park it.
Indeed. The Spirit of Ecstasy also helps - it sits probably 6" away from the front of the car, so it gives you a very pronounced sense of where the front is without having to use the parking sensors or the cameras.
He already said I think, was close to 400k. It is a big comfortable car you could even live in, worth every penny. :D
It was around that new, I paid less than half that :) It was relatively close to a swap, and factoring in the reduced cost of parking, road tax, warranty, servicing and insurance for the one car versus the two, it represents a bit of a cost saving compared to having the Ghost and the Aston!

Soldato
It represents a bit of a cost saving compared to having the Ghost and the Aston!
hahaha... man love it... man logic it's what I'd say to the wife as well lol :D:D But yeah it will be... it's kinda like the best of both worlds in one package. a lot of coin... they hold their prices well long term? Might have a look at Autotrader hahaha... wondering what a 2004 jobbie goes for now.

Soldato
OP
hahaha... man love it... man logic it's what I'd say to the wife as well lol :D:D But yeah it will be... it's kinda like the best of both worlds in one package. a lot of coin... they hold their prices well long term? Might have a look at Autotrader hahaha... wondering what a 2004 jobbie goes for now.
Good Phantoms hold their values well, and by good I mean nice specification and colours, low mileage, excellent condition and a fully serviced and in-network car. There are just not very many of these about.

Man of Honour
Nah, just a bit of fun poking mate, you're definitely one of the better ones on here <3

ZOLccJc.png

Some people's posts have an underlying or direct element of spitefulness definitely not just poking fun. That is also out of 70+ posts in that time - surprise I mention a vehicle I drive a lot a fair bit of the time... several of those aren't even about my pickup such as the Citroen Berlingo thread.

Additionally where you highlighted "The Navara isn't the only thing I drive or" was in response to Fox's incorrect assumption in reading https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35352976 as the weekend duty manager for the van driving side at work I have some familiarity with reversing/parking vehicles of that kind of length - it wasn't even a reference to my pickup.

(And I will freely admit I'm not overly confident in my ability to park a vehicle that size).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some people's posts have an underlying or direct element of spitefulness definitely not just poking fun. That is also out of 70+ posts in that time - surprise I mention a vehicle I drive a lot a fair bit of the time... several of those aren't even about my pickup such as the Citroen Berlingo thread.

Additionally where you highlighted "The Navara isn't the only thing I drive or" was in response to Fox's incorrect assumption in reading https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35352976 as the weekend duty manager for the van driving side at work I have some familiarity with reversing/parking vehicles of that kind of length - it wasn't even a reference to my pickup.

(And I will freely admit I'm not overly confident in my ability to park a vehicle that size).

Mate you don't need to defend yourself, it's literally just a bit of fun. Tell anyone who takes this seriously to take a long walk off a short cliff :p

Man of Honour
Mate you don't need to defend yourself, it's literally just a bit of fun. Tell anyone who takes this seriously to take a long walk off a short cliff :p

After awhile it gets a bit old and some of the responses (not just here) definitely aren't in the spirit of poking fun.

Back
Top Bottom