BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
do bt usually do good retention deals at the end of the contract, I'm paying £30 a month for 32mb/5mb. It's a new build street so it was all that was available and I've been locked into a 24 month contract which is up in July, however about a year ago FTTP became an option but the prices are about £57month for 900/110. Am I likely to be able to get cheaper than this or am I dreaming?

Caporegime
Probably not much cheaper, TalkTalk will do their gigabit package for £49 which is about the cheapest I've seen on the Openreach network.

Soldato
That’s a shame. I’ll likely still pull the trigger, their packages are all priced to make you think it’s worth stumping the extra to go to a higher tier. I think 100mb down was coming up at 47 a month

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Openreach installed the CBTs today and Lightspeed CBT look due in the next few weeks, so its not long now before the install. :D

Dual Fibre feeds should be nice :D

Soldato
My BT FTTP contract ends on 8th June where it goes up in price.
How long these days does it take to swap, want to be on the higher BT price for a short a period as possible.
Shame it's not like Gas and Electric where you can switch with like 28 days of the end.

Caporegime
BT have sent me a smart hub 2 to replace my old hub as I'm moving over to digital voice, I assume once set up I can just go into settings and change the new hubs details to my old network name and wifi password to save having to re connect all my devices?
I’ve done that in the past on a Sky Router so yes, should work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
TalkTalk called me yesterday to say I could now get 500Mb FTTP with unlimited landline digital voice for £40 per month, so I signed up to that.

I'm currently near the start of a 24 month Fibre 65 contract but they let me upgrade and sign up on an 18 month contract for some reason.

Being installed 22nd June. Will I be able to use the Amazon Eero Pro 6 with my current Linksys Velop mesh system I wonder?

Caporegime
Just check that your BT contract will increase - I got the end of contract email a week or so ago, and my price isn't changing. Their price list says that the out-of-contract price will go up by a maximum of £8 compared to what you're paying currently.

I am hopefully getting FTTP this year so even if it was going up by £8 it's still cheaper to pay that than to shift to a monthly rolling service like Cuckoo and pay the setup charges.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Looking at the BT Wholesale checker, my FTTPoD has changed from 330/50 to 1000/220 that normally means go live is just days away now.

I'll see if they can expedite the install. :D

Then just waiting on Lightspeed to finish installing their network.

Soldato
Just check that your BT contract will increase - I got the end of contract email a week or so ago, and my price isn't changing. Their price list says that the out-of-contract price will go up by a maximum of £8 compared to what you're paying currently.

I am hopefully getting FTTP this year so even if it was going up by £8 it's still cheaper to pay that than to shift to a monthly rolling service like Cuckoo and pay the setup charges.
Goes up to near £50 per month for 150mb. Their offered deals were rubbish as well all wanting to add that Halo nonsense or WiFi complete.
Signed up for sky this morning £32 for the same speed and £67.50 cashback.

Soldato
Anyone got any information when the next BT Smart Hub 3 will be releasing ?

I'm on BT Smart Hub 2 and 300mbs my 2 year contract ends this month so looking to upgrade or maybe now change providers.

It's a new build when I moved in it was BT only.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Order placed for Zen Full Fibre 900

I was so quick off the mark, Zen's internal checker hasn't been updated so I had to do it over the phone.

I'm going to keep the vDSL (Zen) connection for a while till Lightspeed finish there install and that's been installed.

Last edited:
Soldato
What does the zen 900 cost? Paying £55 to bt for the same at the moment.

Probably going to drop back to 150 or 300 at some point near contract end, everything else getting more expensive may as well save a bit of interwebs.

Back
Top Bottom