World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
I don't understand it either, they've got me over a barrel here. I keep the monitor and pay full-price or get it reduced and it arrives in October. Either way, their customer service has completely washed their hands with me on every occasion. A total reluctance to keep a buyer happy!

Given yesterday I was getting itchy feet and debating the Samsung G9 Neo, I'm seriously tempted to go all in and get it.
That is all it takes to switch company. CS should not be a nightmare to deal with. The more they mess people around the more they are both less likely to use them again or to recommend them to a friend.

I had one of the first edition Samsung 120hz monitors when Nvidia brought out those stupid 3D glasses. What a waste they were haha. I sold the glasses but kept the monitor. One day about 3ish years later the monitor just stopped working. I could not remember when my warranty ran out so I rang Samsung. They informed me that my warranty ran out 3 months before it broke. The CS agent asked me to confirm the model number again and then said that the monitor should have been recalled due to a fault. They arranged a new monitor to be delivered the next day and to take the broken one away.

Now that was many years ago and have not had to deal with Samsung since then. I guess it all depends on the actual CS agent you get these days.

Associate
That is all it takes to switch company. CS should not be a nightmare to deal with. The more they mess people around the more they are both less likely to use them again or to recommend them to a friend.

I had one of the first edition Samsung 120hz monitors when Nvidia brought out those stupid 3D glasses. What a waste they were haha. I sold the glasses but kept the monitor. One day about 3ish years later the monitor just stopped working. I could not remember when my warranty ran out so I rang Samsung. They informed me that my warranty ran out 3 months before it broke. The CS agent asked me to confirm the model number again and then said that the monitor should have been recalled due to a fault. They arranged a new monitor to be delivered the next day and to take the broken one away.

Now that was many years ago and have not had to deal with Samsung since then. I guess it all depends on the actual CS agent you get these days.
I'm actually just in the process of dealing with Samsungs support myself. They released a bad batch of SSD's early last year and I've had to RMA one because it had lots of reallocated sectors and errors despite only having like 3-4TB written to it over the last year+. Definitely shouldn't have happened in the first place and have made me a bit wary of their SSD's now. However, at least it's been painless so far, they just asked me to fill out a form as well as send some photos/a receipt and gave me a shipping label to send it off late last week. They received it the start of this week and a replacement was sent out today. Not sure if it's going to be a new or reconditioned drive though.

I think the issue with a lot of companies is they just don't want to spend the money on CS. They out source it to a cheaper country, don't really give them too much training or information and even worse often pay them by silly metrics which aren't really relevant to whether you actually helped the person.

Associate
Hello, My AW3423DW has arrived last month. I play games in my room where the lamps are dimly controlled so that the black on the monitor looks deep.
Though the monitor feels a lot quicker, and smoother at 175Hz, I often feel my eyes painful when looking at it whether it displays static images or it displays dynamic scenes.
I can feel the light coming from it not as pleasant as the light of my XB71HU. After a weekend of gaming like I used to, my eyes felt very irritated. When I looked at the mirror the sclera was red in both eyes.
I stopped using the monitor two days ago. And my eyes started to feel normal again. I cannot help but think there is something wrong with the light of this monitor.

Soldato
OP
Hello, My AW3423DW has arrived last month. I play games in my room where the lamps are dimly controlled so that the black on the monitor looks deep.
Though the monitor feels a lot quicker, and smoother at 175Hz, I often feel my eyes painful when looking at it whether it displays static images or it displays dynamic scenes.
I can feel the light coming from it not as pleasant as the light of my XB71HU. After a weekend of gaming like I used to, my eyes felt very irritated. When I looked at the mirror the sclera was red in both eyes.
I stopped using the monitor two days ago. And my eyes started to feel normal again. I cannot help but think there is something wrong with the light of this monitor.

try turning down the brightness and/or using the night mode setting in windows to get rid of blue light. You can also install some bias lighting (put lights behind the monitor pointed towards the wall - this will make the room less dark but not have any light bouncing off the screen)

Associate
Ye me too, well at least it’s only 1 month…hopefully
Damn, when I ordered it in March, it was showing initially 2 weeks of wait. Then it went to July... And judging by your and other posts here it will likely be August or later... :/ I hardly can trust their estimates as is.

Associate
Most likely just way too high brightness for your eyes in the dark room, not much different from just staring at the Sun for too long. Same thing happened to me initially when I switched my current monitor (just LG IPS one) to HDR mode and full brightness. And that's just 450 nits and not up to 1000 as the Dell monitor - though over time I got used to it and side effects vanished.

Soldato

As others have posted, this monitor can get very bright!

I find that mine is bright enough for daily use at 54% brightness & 66% contrast even in a well lit room, for gaming I bump it up a little to 75/75%, but I have a couple of hue play bars set up behind it for bias lighting

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Now you get to sit inside and game during this beautiful weather :D
I already have one which I have made very good use of up until now. I doubt I will be using it much today. The one coming is destined to be sold to help subsidise the cost of the one I already have. Should be here in the next few days if it is the same as last time as production means you get it one or two working days later. I won’t be too greedy and just ask for £1099.99 which is what the rrp is. Should be easy to shift as essentially someone can just bypass the huge queue :D

Associate
Mine has also moved to "In Production" today, and I can no longer cancel. Fingers crossed it will turn up soon. I ordered early on launch day and had been told end of this month.

Back
Top Bottom