COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Permabanned
Meanwhile the WHO are excercising their collective brains in thinking up a new name for the monkeypox virus, so as not to offend, err, monkeys?

Has Tedros found the latest Beijing brown envelope somewhat lacking in substance and is firing a warning shot? ;)

Soldato
Soldato
I honestly believe a lab leak is plausible because China is a woeful menace at the best times when it comes to anything that might constitute safety and security, but this isn't exactly a good source, lol.

Soldato
My partner tested positive for Covid on Saturday morning. She's now isolating in one side of the house, we are lucky enough to own a large 4 bedroom bungalow so she is essentially in the 'West Wing' and I'm in the other part :) I'm leaving food, drink etc at the door and she is staying in there for the moment.

I'm classed as clinically vulnerable (Asthma and Immunosuppressed) so we are being particularly careful. So far I've been testing daily and I'm negative. But whats the current guidance for her testing? Am I right in thinking she tests on day 6 from the date of the positive test and if its a negative she then tests again on day 7 and if its again negative, she is likely not to be infectious? What about me, should I be testing each and every morning at the moment?

Cheers.

Associate
Tbh to ridicule @jsmoke for that article seems a bit harsh, yes the evidence isn’t concrete (especially in that article) but that’s the problem China will not allow a credible investigation and there is actually snippets of worrying evidence which doesn’t quite add up. Gain of function on Covid was done at bio security level 2 (same as a dentist) it could easily been accidental leak.

There was a decent documentary shown on C4, snippets in link below.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
My partner tested positive for Covid on Saturday morning. She's now isolating in one side of the house, we are lucky enough to own a large 4 bedroom bungalow so she is essentially in the 'West Wing' and I'm in the other part :) I'm leaving food, drink etc at the door and she is staying in there for the moment.

I'm classed as clinically vulnerable (Asthma and Immunosuppressed) so we are being particularly careful. So far I've been testing daily and I'm negative. But whats the current guidance for her testing? Am I right in thinking she tests on day 6 from the date of the positive test and if its a negative she then tests again on day 7 and if its again negative, she is likely not to be infectious? What about me, should I be testing each and every morning at the moment?

Cheers.

Similar happened to my house back in March. Step Dad in his 70's tested positive, isolated in spare bedroom away from my Mom and myself. I had to test every day before I went to work regardless, but my Mom only really tested about 4 days after Step Dad tested positive to check (as it can take a few days to show a positive after contact) and she tested again if she thought she wasn't feeling quite right, which was about another 2 times after that (on day 6 and 8 of Step Dads isolation) although all were negative.

Regarding my Step Dad's testing. He tested on day +6 which still showed a very thick line so he didn't bother again until day 8, when it showed a slightly fainter line, and again on day 9 and on day 10 it was clear, so he came out of isolation.

Soldato
My symptoms have gone bar the cough which if I'm honest is worrying me a little. It's not producing anything at all. I think I'm in for a rough night.

Soldato
Man of Honour
"Omicron sub-variants ‘evolving to target the lungs and overcome immunity’ as UK cases surge | The Independent" https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-variant-omicron-cases-wave-b2105586.html?amp

Doesn't sound good, looks like back to square one if this the case, especially now many people's vaccines protection has worn off now.

Vaccines for all in the autumn again then surely? As I’ve said before, there’s no selective reason for Covid to evolve to become milder unlike some other pathogens, it’s random as to which way it will go.

Soldato
Anyone have an annoying tickly dry throat cough after covid? Can't seem to shift it 2 weeks later
I didn't get the cough until the main symptoms/fever went - then it lasted a good 4/5 weeks.

Three months down the line i'm only just getting back to feeling normal, breathlessness lasted quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom