Power to Mick Lynch

Suspended
Really research this , they are not paid a lot, if it is badly run it's the mad Tory desire to privatise everything that's resulted in this, don't fall for the nonsense, who would you believe, Bojo or any of his cronies, like that galoot barefaced LYING on TV.

• Rail travel assistants - £33,310 - includes ticket collectors, guards and information staff
  • Rail construction and maintenance operatives - £34,998 - they lay and repair tracks
  • Rail transport operatives - £48,750 - includes signallers and drivers' assistants
  • Train and tram drivers - £59,189

A bus driver around here is paid £25k, Managers at the bank I work at start on around £33k, but Rail Travel Assistants get that for collecting tickets and telling people train times? What planet are these people from?

Soldato
So, devils advocate here as I'm on the fence about the demands and strikes.

Let's say they get their 7% that they are asking for... Do we give teachers the 10% they want and nurses the 15% they are asking for?

Soldato
Hands up everyone who's getting an 11% + payrise this year.
Everyone is in the ****, the public will very quickly get tired and withdraw any support for strikes. Not everyone can work from home.
And yes, we're on a race to the bottom.

Soldato
Yay, lets have a summer of discontent.

The completely out of touch bed wetting left thinks that this sort of behavior will warm the public to their cause..

jKvyb2z.jpg

I very much doubt it.
It was also fun to see Sir Beer Korma banning MP's from the picket line, and then plenty of them flat out ignoring him.
He can't run his own party (bar the Durham one), so how could he possibly be trusted to run our government?
I doubt Micky Lynch gives one single rats ass about the workers, it's all political.

Soldato
I am not, nor have ever been a union member, however one things that really winds me up is how the right wing press and Sky and BBC refer to the union leaders as "Union Barons". It's a dog whistle piece of **** aimed at pitting workers against workers and making the general population think that one fat controller is doing all of this for <insert reasons made up by right wing liers>. If anything that piece of **** Johnson is the one acting like a feudal ******* baron.

This kind of action has been a long time coming TBH and I expect this will be the summer of strikes across all sectors with unionised representation. The workers have had enough of **** wages and now being told by Boris " I have £200 a roll gold wall paper Johnson" that they need to accept a real terms cut in wages, all while he still chugs down his expensive hors d'oeuvres washed down with a suitcase of wine.

It's about time the UK learned something from france when it comes to civil unrest and how to riot like professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Yay, lets have a summer of discontent.

The completely out of touch bed wetting left thinks that this sort of behavior will warm the public to their cause..

jKvyb2z.jpg

I very much doubt it.
It was also fun to see Sir Beer Korma banning MP's from the picket line, and then plenty of them flat out ignoring him.
He can't run his own party (bar the Durham one), so how could he possibly be trusted to run our government?
I doubt Micky Lynch gives one single rats ass about the workers, it's all political.

Did Boris promise you a BJ for this guff. :cry:

Associate
Directors at Network Rail range from 125-600k. The highest paid public sector workers are railway directors.

Managers/Engineers 35k - 125k

Drivers tend not to be represented by RMT, but Aslef, and work for ToCs. They are not on strike afaik.

Soldato
OP
So, devils advocate here as I'm on the fence about the demands and strikes.

Let's say they get their 7% that they are asking for... Do we give teachers the 10% they want and nurses the 15% they are asking for?

They have been offered 2% , 3% with strings, its derisory given inflation is circa 10%, and remember it's the utter goons running everything who have got us here.
Where are all the protesting voices when MPs get massive increases and milk expenses, at least these workers are a net gain to the country.

Soldato
They have been offered 2% , 3% with strings, its derisory given inflation is circa 10%, and remember it's the utter goons running everything who have got us here.
Where are all the protesting voices when MPs get massive increases and milk expenses, at least these workers are a net gain to the country.

Not sure what your reply has to do with my question :confused:.

Do we give them what they want and therefore also accept the 10% for teachers and 15% for nurses that is apparently being asked for?

Back
Top Bottom