Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
Finally got the platinum trophy for this, which also happened to be my first in general. I thought the circuit master was get gold on 15 track experiences but you just need to bronze all the sections + lap in case anyone else is chasing it.

Associate
I don't know what it is but I'm really not getting to grips with GT7. I put so many hours into GT Sport and loved it but this just feels off to me and I just can't place whats different.

Not sure if its GT7 or the change from PS4 to PS5 thats throwing me. Will stick with it and hopefully it will come good for me.

Soldato
Looks like the Suzuki Pike Peak is coming in the next update

If we don't get Pike Peak hill climb too, its a bit of a missed opportunity as it starts next Sunday.

Soldato
Looks like the Suzuki Pike Peak is coming in the next update

If we don't get Pike Peak hill climb too, its a bit of a missed opportunity as it starts next Sunday.
That would be awesome if we got the pikes peak !

Soldato
Getting a tad bored of this game now - I don't really have any interest in competing online, and most of my play time is a few races at Sardegna to grind 1.5 mill, which I will then blow on used cars I like, or tuning up some old hacks I have collected... I'll then maybe do a few laps of Brands, or a run of the Nordschleife.

Might take a bit of time away, as I do still quite enjoy it, but there just doesn't seem like much worth doing now that I have completed a lot of the various races for certain tracks - certainly as you seem to get pretty much naff all monetary reward (hence the grind of Sardegna); so even though there are plenty of single races I have left to do – I just don’t have the inclination to do them. Can’t be bothered with changing some of my bronze trophies to silver or gold, or silver ones to gold either.

Personally, I think the silly prices for some cars, coupled with the paltry rewards and useless prize spins (pretty much 98-99% of mine always got the lowest reward), has made collecting much more of a chore – and as someone who does enjoy that about Forza; my time is frankly too short and more important, than sitting for hours and hours grinding away.

Soldato
There are only 4x single player races worth doing for the credits, once all the missions/circuit experience's are done. I can't stand the Tokyo races, so only Le Man's, Spa & Sardegna for me.

Occasionally i do the Spa 1hr race for the 1.5mill as it's the most fun, but other than that i only play Sport mode races & cups, which since the strict penalties were removed aren't as fun as they were.

I'm hoping more content arrives ASAP and Sport mode is improved or this game won't keep me interested until the new Forza Motorsport releases next year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good point about the strict penalties removal making it a worse experience online. Didn’t think of that and yeah of course that’s why we’re all getting rammed. I do occasionally have some great fair dices but 8/10 races I am just rammed off with no penalties to them. They just can’t see that the game is more enjoyable if you try to avoid hitting each other.

The longevity of the game is its online Sport mode but if they don’t fix it I think I’ll get tired of it as well.

Soldato
I'm hoping more content arrives ASAP and Sport mode is improved or this game won't keep me interested until the new Forza Motorsport releases next year.
Completely wrong thread for this but what did you think of the FM reveal? I was a bit underwhelmed, I'll definitely get it but my socks weren't blown off as there wasn't much said about the racing.

Soldato
Completely wrong thread for this but what did you think of the FM reveal? I was a bit underwhelmed, I'll definitely get it but my socks weren't blown off as there wasn't much said about the racing.
Maple Valley looked good, but FM7 still looks pretty good for a 4k60 XB1X game from 2017. I'll be playing it, i renewed 3 years of GamePass for £85 again recently, more details are needed though.

Apparently it's got a new tyre model, i think previously they partnered with Pirelli for FM7 (or an older FM). Dynamic weather and time of day + tyre wear & fuel management is a plus.

The Ultimate SimCade racing game for me would look something like this:-

New Forza Motorsport's graphics
Forza Motorsport 7's car list + FH5's car additions
Forza Motorsport 4's Car club's with shared tuned/painted cars anyone in the car club can use
Forza Motorsport 4's storefront's for your shared tunes/decals/liveries (a lot more slots would be needed though)
Forza Motorsport credit system for people using/liking your shared paints/decals/tunes
Forza Motorsport 2 & 4's Custom Public online Lobby's
Forza Motorsport 7's Single Player
Forza Motorsport 4's Auction House (back before the legendary painters/tuners system ruined it allowing them to sell any car for 20mill)
Forza Motorsport's ability to sell your cars...straight back to the game, not even bothering with the auction house.
Forza Motorsport 7's League racing
Forza Motorsport 7 + Ride 4 track list
Forza Motorsport 7's Tuning and upgrade system + GT7's power restrictor, ballast, adjustable ECU's and tyre compounds
Forza Motorsport 7's tyre model (probably updated for the new game)
Forza Motorsport's in-game telemetry - great for any tuners
GT7's license test's (adding in if you don't pass the A license, you can't race A-Class cars online etc..)
GT7's bumper cam's HUD/MFD
GT7's Sport mode penalty system (how it was originally, it's pointless currently)
GT7's paint system allowing importing .svg's
GT7's DR & SR system
GT7's driver customisation (Ride 4 was similar)
GT7's Sport mode daily races and cup's
GT7's info for each car in garage (even if it might be a copy paste from somewhere)

Soldato
Sorry to dp, anyone got the escudo yet ? Purchased it this afternoon (1.7mil)

It drives fantastically ! Shame you cannot use it in any gr.b races though..

Soldato
It’s hooked you then ? :D such a fantastic game. It’s a shame people put it down prematurely, as the story does start off slow !
Totally hooked. It’s fast becoming one of the best PS4 games out there. 3rd time I’ve started it and as you say slow start but get past that and it’s quite brilliant. I will try for the plat with this one and I’m rarely fussed about doing that.

Soldato
Totally hooked. It’s fast becoming one of the best PS4 games out there. 3rd time I’ve started it and as you say slow start but get past that and it’s quite brilliant. I will try for the plat with this one and I’m rarely fussed about doing that.
Aye. I rarely complete games these days. Days gone was an exception ! I know this is totally off topic, but where are you up to ?

Back
Top Bottom