COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
When it was law most people wore masks and kept a distance in crowded places. Now it is only advisory I seem to be one of the few still doing it. So much for British common sense. I did read somewhere that some of the jabs are 30% less effective with BA.4/BA.5 so more hospitalisations.

Man of Honour
When it was law most people wore masks and kept a distance in crowded places. Now it is only advisory I seem to be one of the few still doing it. So much for British common sense. I did read somewhere that some of the jabs are 30% less effective with BA.4/BA.5 so more hospitalisations.

To be fair those at work, mostly, who have people at home with it and/or have cold like symptoms are masking up around people. We've also got a couple of people who've had COVID previously who are still wearing masks due to either having it bad or suffering long COVID and don't want that again. Social distancing is pretty hit and miss now.

I hadn't bothered with a mask the last few weeks as it had dropped to non-existent levels around here but considering it again as it is picking up again :s

Man of Honour
So it seems that there is a possibility that one of the group had a positive test but felt fine so came anyway, that'd make more sense than so many of us getting it at the event.

What a knob, if true.

That is how it went around one of my colleagues group at a church camp thing - one family came anyway despite their kids testing positive because they didn't want the kids missing out. Went around pretty much everyone in the group apparently and put my colleague's dad in hospital.

Soldato
Urgh my heart rate is all over the place at the moment. Even though I'm negative I guess there's still stuff going on. Went for a run earlier and it shot up to zone 5 after about 4 mins and I only managed a couple of miles.

My resting heart rate is still elevated way beyond it was before COVID and spikes to over 100 even just standing up.

Soldato
Urgh my heart rate is all over the place at the moment. Even though I'm negative I guess there's still stuff going on. Went for a run earlier and it shot up to zone 5 after about 4 mins and I only managed a couple of miles.

My resting heart rate is still elevated way beyond it was before COVID and spikes to over 100 even just standing up.
Probably best taking it easy for a month bud.

Soldato
Not an unusual story post COVID.
How about this for an unusual story post COVID, my wife has an autoimmune disease (muscle wasting and B-Cell Depleted) before she got Covid, her condition was stable, but she struggled to do everyday tasks and could walk on average up about 6 stairs before she needed to stop and rest, then came Covid/Paxlovid(antiviral).

She tested positive on the Saturday morning (feeling very very rough “felt like Mike Tyson had punched her all over”) received Paxlovid on Sunday and then on Tuesday morning she came to me and said “ I feel unbelievable, it’s like I’ve had a gram of steroids”. She then cleared the Covid during the Paxlovid, after they finished she had what’s known as a Paxlovid rebound and then tested positive again for the next 9 days, 17 days in total(but very mild symptoms during the rebound).

She had her blood levels taken about a week after clearing Covid, her CK(an indication of her disease activity ) was 160( lowest for over 20 years) , a normal persons is between 50-100 and hers normally sits between 350-550, she now feels unbelievable, can get up and down stairs without needing to stop and rest and is flying round the house like superwoman.

I don’t know if it’s the Covid19 or the Paxlovid that’s done this, but I’m not kidding when I say I’m praying it continues for her.

Soldato
I'm on my 5th day of positive test and am losing my taste and smell.

Started with itchy throat then went onto flu like day 2/3 and a cough and now the taste is going on day 5. I am feeling much better than day 3 so was hoping to be getting over it...

Soldato
I had a minor cold last weekend, I say minor as I was up and about, just had blocked nose and very achy and shivering for a day, should have tested but didn’t at time, tested today and have positive result, feel fine now.
How long does a positive result normally last?

Back
Top Bottom