This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
These new bank cards with name and numbers printed on not embossed - are they going to rub off? Bad idea, esp when cards have 4 years on them now.

Don’t find it to be a problem because

1 - once I add it to your Amazon/Paypal etc account, I hardly need to look at it again anyway.
2 - If it does indeed becomes illegible, the app will always show it to you if you go pass a security check.
3 - Can request a brand new one for free, just report it as damaged or lost.

But no, they have not faded for me.

Soldato
Screenshot-20220625-152129.png

Man of Honour
Bought a UPS and the related/commonly bought together purchases at the bottom of the page when checking out were Aberfeldy whisky and a fire extinguisher... I'm not gonna ask.

Soldato
Just walked into a shop which was playing Saturday Night Fever over the speakers.

Instantly went into the strut, swinging my arms, clicking my fingers, and timing my steps to the beat as I walked through the shop.

Managed to do this for about 20m before my wife made me stop.

Another awesome day.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
A few notes from my research on Homo Sapiens II.

Homo Sapiens II (a capability level designation) appears to be a cluster of innate and latent high performance abilities, including the ability to dismiss pain with a gesture, a general one-shot ability using a specific form of covert speech, and other adaptive capabilities.

Eg. The ontelagent instruction of " brain, get me home." enabled an HS II who had 8 previous episodes of cardiac failure prior during a 1.6 km journey to complete the remaining half a km in perfect recovered health (with sub-second onset) at a fast paced march in good cheer. This is a 'get you to the rescue chopper' critical life-saving capability level.

In short, the deliberate experimental development of an extended-sense mode
confers in-brain gain of evolutionary adaptive function in humans as does cross-modal in-brain adaptive sense development in zebrafish. And these abilities are (on broad early indicative results) generally programmable. Nurture (trainable), not Nature.

Soldato
Too many delivery drivers are dumb/lazy.

If you were to have a package for number 17 but rock up and find a short track/drive between 15 and 17a. Do you?

a) Leave the package with 17a
b) Leave the package with 15
c) Return the package to depot
d) Take a quick look up the short track

Man of Honour

If you were to have a package for number 17 but rock up and find a short track/drive between 15 and 17a. Do you?

e) Drop it off at number 39 of some random street

Soldato

It's not that they are dumb, more likely they can't be bothered to walk or drive up some lane/track and then not be able to turn around. They are also often paid per parcel and if it takes them 10 minutes to find your property when they could just ignore it and deliver 2-3 other parcels, they will chose to do that instead.

Is that their fault for the employer imposing time constraints and paying poorly or yours for choosing to live in a stupid location.

@aVdub

I've only just recovered from the day before yesterday, showing a blind lady, who wants my flat in York, and her sister, to hopefully do a council swap for her property in Kent.

In my excitement, only I could totally put my foot in it, by telling them all the shops and things near me, by mentioning the opticians!! :rolleyes:

Luckily she and her sister saw the funny side but I wanted the ground to swallow me up but I'm still laughing today about it because I was so embarrassed and it is the sort of thing that happens to me!!

Then, when we were in the middle of the high street and we were chatting, the right strap of my summer dress fell down, and her sister had to tell me that my right breast was hanging out and she and everyone in the high street could see it!! :cry:

I was absolutely mortified!! You can't take me anywhere!! :rolleyes:

Soldato
@aVdub

I've only just recovered from the day before yesterday, showing a blind lady, who wants my flat in York, and her sister, to hopefully do a council swap for her property in Kent.

In my excitement, only I could totally put my foot in it, by telling them all the shops and things near me, by mentioning the opticians!! :rolleyes:

Luckily she and her sister saw the funny side but I wanted the ground to swallow me up but I'm still laughing today about it because I was so embarrassed and it is the sort of thing that happens to me!!

Then, when we were in the middle of the high street and we were chatting, the right strap of my summer dress fell down, and her sister had to tell me that my right breast was hanging out and she and everyone in the high street could see it!! :cry:

I bet you felt a right tit:cry::cry::cry:

Soldato
@aVdub

Sounds like a a good day :D

I haz 4090!
Don
A few notes from my research on Homo Sapiens II.

Homo Sapiens II (a capability level designation) appears to be a cluster of innate and latent high performance abilities, including the ability to dismiss pain with a gesture, a general one-shot ability using a specific form of covert speech, and other adaptive capabilities.

Eg. The ontelagent instruction of " brain, get me home." enabled an HS II who had 8 previous episodes of cardiac failure prior during a 1.6 km journey to complete the remaining half a km in perfect recovered health (with sub-second onset) at a fast paced march in good cheer. This is a 'get you to the rescue chopper' critical life-saving capability level.

In short, the deliberate experimental development of an extended-sense mode
confers in-brain gain of evolutionary adaptive function in humans as does cross-modal in-brain adaptive sense development in zebrafish. And these abilities are (on broad early indicative results) generally programmable. Nurture (trainable), not Nature.
Annnnnnd that’s strike one. One more left for you! You only get two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom