Poll: British Grand Prix 2022, Silverstone - Race 10

Rate the 2022 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
They were talking about keeping track position when Ted asked why they didn't double stack. I can see why they might have applied that sort of thinking, given Lewis was on much fresher tyres, they were perhaps concerned that Lewis may have stayed out and jumped them.

If that's your starting point, there's a lot of thinking to do in the space of 6 seconds to convince yourselves otherwise, even if it does look utterly stupid in hindsight.

Not so sure....

Even if they wanted to split the strategies, surely Leclerc is the one to give the best chance of winning (new softs), as he is quicker and more likely to be a championship contender.

Soldato
Max is on the racing line and stays on the racing line. He is also ahead throughout, what exactly are you expecting a penalty for? Or is it just because it's Max? If you are penalising Max for that then there'd be a lot of other drivers getting penalties today because this happened a lot at that corner. It always does.

You don't have to just yield the racing line if you are ahead although if the other driver is really trying to go for it then you of course increase the chances of a crash.

Caporegime
Max is on the racing line and stays on the racing line. He is also ahead throughout, what exactly are you expecting a penalty for? Or is it just because it's Max? If you are penalising Max for that then there'd be a lot of other drivers getting penalties today because this happened a lot at that corner. It always does.

You don't have to just yield the racing line if you are ahead although if the other driver is really trying to go for it then you of course increase the chances of a crash.
That's been his excuse every time he does it. He's on the racing line. Except when someone is on the outside of you you're always supposed to leave a cars width. He's snide and it's one of the reasons he's so disliked. He's not sporting in any way, shape or form and he likely gets that from his Dad and it's encouraged by Red Bull.

Man of Honour

Soldato
That's been his excuse every time he does it. He's on the racing line. Except when someone is on the outside of you you're always supposed to leave a cars width. He's snide and it's one of the reasons he's so disliked. He's not sporting in any way, shape or form and he likely gets that from his Dad and it's encouraged by Red Bull.

It's a left hand corner that straight away turns back into a right hand corner. Please tell me why if you are ahead that you can't just stay on the racing line and take the inside of both corners?

Not sporting in anyway? Please tell me how many incidents Max has been in this season, all of his racing so far has been very clean from what I can remember, very fair racing with the Ferrari's.

Associate

this, a thousand times, this.

Soldato
What's it going to take to slap max into place? All last year he did this pushing off track and line driving and was never called out on it. Perhaps a nice big crash etc?

Soldato
Good race in the end.

Other than the incident at the start Leclerc drove an outstanding race.

Sainz finally grew a pair, but also accepted the team orders gracefully once they came and it clear Leclerc was much faster. The graphic after the initial start showed Sainz reacted quicker than Max off the line, but Max was faster in the 2nd phase. Max was on a softer compound. Still Sainz did make that one mistake. Otherwise had a solid race and some sensible radio messages to the team.

Great work by Lewis too without the SC had a chance of 2nd.

Max, held on to gain some valuable WDC points.

I think it's a great result as it brings the top 4 closer together. Which is normally what you'd want. Sainz gains points on Leclearc, Perez gains on max, Lewis gains on Russell. Perfect.

Caporegime
I'm non biased in the Perez/Hamiltom debate.
And I think it was fine.

Is there anyone who genuinely isn't a Hamilton supporter who thinks Perez should have got a penalty?

I'd have actually been quite annoyed if a penalty was given for that. It was intense and prolonged.

The MV/MS incident at the end? That's much worse. But not really sure on the current rules 'racing line' vs 'not forcing off the track'

Associate
For me, what puts Verstappen over the line is that his defending relies on the other person going off the track to avoid contact.

Associate
And I think it was fine.

Is there anyone who genuinely isn't a Hamilton supporter who thinks Perez should have got a penalty?

I'd have actually been quite annoyed if a penalty was given for that. It was intense and prolonged.

The MV/MS incident at the end? That's much worse. But not really sure on the current rules 'racing line' vs 'not forcing off the track'
The only thing I wasn’t convinced by was him cutting the chicane and getting past LeClerc. Think he was saved because he lost position to Hamilton briefly.

Man of Honour
And I think it was fine.

For cutting the corner and gaining an advantage before that, yes. Absolutely a 5s penalty.

Caporegime
Not sure about outdriving hamilton. Red bull Is a faster car by a chunk but Hamilton was the fastest driver on the track all day. Red Bull's top speed got him ahead

Faster by a chunk? Nah, Lewis was on pace with both Ferrari and Red Bull today.

Lewis was slow off the restart - possibly the car - but what put him behind Pérez in the end was failing to position himself correctly after passing both Checo and Leclerc.

Lewis was on course for P2 or even the win behind the safety car start a brilliant drive but he made mistakes on and after the restart that cost him the place today.

Checo made the most of it, jumping both Leclerc in full Ferrari clown make up and Lewis. Great driving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom