Stranger Things (Netflix)

Caporegime
I stated plenty reasons why I would watch it in that post, which is why I fail to believe you fully read it.
Your post made no sense. What show do you watch where you don't like the characters? What show do you watch for FOUR seasons when you don't like the characters? You mentioned that you didn't like how the characters had no substance but then later said you wanted to skip most of the talking and watch the show at 2x speed :confused:

I just don't get why someone would waste their time watching a show they don't like....find something you do.

Soldato
I can understand watching a few episodes of something to give it a chance but 4 series worth? Hours and hours wasted on something you don't enjoy, utterly bizarre :p

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Some next level frothing going on here. Maybe you can choose a better line of questioning rather than hurr durring with nonsensical "y u watch?" questions and discuss why you think the char development of these teenagers is actually good?

First season was great, second season good but a little lacking, third pretty bad. Fourth season had a hell of a lot of hype so I was ready to watch again.

Everything else apart from the character development was fine, as per my first post. First 2 eps should have been condensed into half an episode, they were painful to watch, plenty of agreement to be had there.
It was clear at that point these writers cant do coming of age and the actors cant deliver the scripts on it well.
I gave ep3 a chance and it picked up the pace. Vecna's story was good, particularly the reveals. For everything not driving the plot forward, second screening works a treat...

I'll be downloading s5 and putting it on speed for the sewing club scenes.

Caporegime
So did anyone else notice what appears to be a drawing of a wang on the wall in the russian guardhouse before the gate got rammed?

zNbkVV3.png

Im guessing that's what it is at least, certainly looks like it...

Last edited:
Soldato
Loved that. Confused abit as what happened right at the end.

How has the gates exploded/opened again or whatever. Thought that only happened when someone died?

Also Vecna looked frazzled like toast when he went through the window, how is he even alive?

One thing I find interesting though, is how will felt Vecna as soon as he got back to Hawkins again. I have a feeling Vecna will come back through will and he will get a lot more screen time in S5.

Also did anyone else notice in the scene where they overlook Hawkins and the plants are dead, Will's nose is bleeding like Elevens does, like Vecna was inside him or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
That was so good!

Maybe I missed something but when Eleven went into the sensory freezer in the pizza place, the group were all referring to Henry as 'One' but Will referred to him as Vecna. Why would he know that since Dustin is the one that coined Vecna?

Soldato
Loved that. Confused abit as what happened right at the end.

How has the gates exploded/opened again or whatever. Thought that only happened when someone died?

Also Vecna looked frazzled like toast when he went through the window, how is he even alive?

One thing I find interesting though, is how will felt Vecna as soon as he got back to Hawkins again. I have a feeling Vecna will come back through will and he will get a lot more screen time in S5.
Max died for a minute which is why the gates opened. My guess is her being in a coma, so technically alive, is slowing down the UD entering the real world

Caporegime
DND Spells Eleven currently has on her character: Hold Person, Hold Monster, Dominate Person, Dispel Magic, Banishment, Revivify (although she cast it after more than a minute), Mage Hand , Telekinesis, Astral Projection

Reactions: LiE
Soldato
But the scene where the gates reopened was when she was alive in a coma wasn't it?
This is why my take is that the ending is potentially also the implied actual death of Max (from her coma, that would serve as the opening to S5), unless they come up with another explanation in S5 for the open, close, reopen sequence.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I suspect S5 will show us what happened. My guess is that physically Max is alive in a coma but her "mind" is still trapped somewhere either by Vecna or something else.

How long do you think we have to wait for season 5?

Associate
Great finale, albeit the last 30-40 mins dragged a bit I felt. Way to much nicey wrapping up stuff. Kudos to Eddie for his heroic sacrifice proceeding his epic guitar solo, under what I can only assume was immense mental pressure to hit all those notes. Although his sacrifice served no purpose as everyone was captured anyway by vecna so...yeah...*sadface*.

Soldato
Great finale, albeit the last 30-40 mins dragged a bit I felt. Way to much nicey wrapping up stuff. Kudos to Eddie for his heroic sacrifice proceeding his epic guitar solo, under what I can only assume was immense mental pressure to hit all those notes. Although his sacrifice served no purpose as everyone was captured anyway by vecna so...yeah...*sadface*.
Yeah, I felt like it didn’t really make any sense as running would have still led them away from Dustin etc
I get they were trying to do an arc of him not running anymore and being a hero, but give the guy a break, he had a **** ton of bat things after him! Felt a little unnecessary as he was a great addition to the team.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yeah, I felt like it didn’t really make any sense as running would have still led them away from Dustin etc
I get they were trying to do an arc of him not running anymore and being a hero, but give the guy a break, he had a **** ton of bat things after him! Felt a little unnecessary as he was a great addition to the team.

I agree, waste of a character. I assumed they were gonna go against Nancy's strict sticking to the plan and save them from the vines and that would be his redemption for always running from his problems.

Back
Top Bottom