Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Nothing has been twisted, he said I post rubbish with no evidence. I posted some evidence to back up my post and some people including yourself got hurt as their Twitter feed normally shields them from truths like this.

I have highlighted the relevant text in his post but I get the feeling you will once again miss it and rant about something else ?

I know some of you guys do not like it but Severodonetsk has fallen and a week later Lysychansk was taken. Admitting to these realities does not make you a Putin supporter, not wanting to be part of the propaganda does not mean you want to see dead Ukrainians.

Far too many of the regulars here have the mentality that you are either all in and must go along with all propaganda no matter how unrealistic or you are a Russian shill.
It should never be seen as wrong to call out the lies from both sides.
At no point has anyone said those cities haven't fallen. You've just taken it on yourself to interpret someone calling one of your posts rubbish and run with it like people believe they haven't. It's bizarre.

Soldato
So you don't want to counter any of it ?
Normally I don't bother replying to you due to 'feeding a troll etc' but why would anyone that knows you and what your about waste their time countering your points? It's not like your going to read what they've written and suddenly come to realisation you've been posting nonsense all this time.

There's a good chance Ukraine will force Russia out of Kherson in the coming months. As and when that happens I can guarantee you will be on here saying it wasn't Ukrainian skill, strategy and determination that won the day but Russia choose to leave the city under their choice and it was nothing to do with the hard time they had fighting off the Ukrainian army. Either that or it was NATO that beat Russia.

Soldato
I find this whole "NATO expansion" thing a bit silly, NATO didn't invade countries Eastwardly, countries freely joined a defensive alliance. I can't remember a country a NATO alliance has ever annexed.

Associate
Why are you all hung up on the instigation part?

Look at the word proxy, a proxy for example is someone who you chose to act on your behalf, like a buffer between you and the objective.
A proxy war is the same thing where you do not engage directly but are supporting/directing another. So in this situation Ukraine is the proxy for USA/NATO.

If you are going to use a quote to support your argument, use one that actually does support the argument that is my point.

You are dragging people up on quotation and sourcing, so make sure you yourself get it right.

Permabanned
Another thread where people are arguing, it's pretty much every thread I go in its weird.

Anyway when is this war over?

Probably a substantial de-escalation and border rearrangements mid winter when the man in the street has no gas and the result of an Eastern wheat harvest and / or its distribution worse than anything in living memory hits home. There are more ways to win a war than with bombs and missiles. Germany's lips are already quivering.

Associate
What's this thread's opinion on the 2014 coup?
Proof that this was all more about curtailing the EU than Nato. The latter being the proverbial bogeyman those in power in Moscow use to scare the populace while they themselves are FAR more scared of what the EU represents. Evidence of this can be found all over but closer to home Russian influence in pro-brexit campaigns.

Overly simplified but I believe:
  • Government voted in on basis of key bit of policy to improve ties with EU
  • Corrupt leader promptly u-turns and then to rub salt announces closer ties to Russia
  • Demonstrations across the country. Government violently tried to suppress with scores killed
  • Protests grew, president flees, interim government setup
  • Russia reacts outwardly, rather than from behind the scenes. Annex Crimea, formulates/encourages pro Russian sentiments in the east. Arms militias, civil war. Sends in troops to help when Ukraine army responded all while denying they were doing any of that.
Oh yes, facilitated the shooting down of a civilian airliner for good measure.

Soldato
If you are going to use a quote to support your argument, use one that actually does support the argument that is my point.

You are dragging people up on quotation and sourcing, so make sure you yourself get it right.
It does support it, some people just got hung up about one word in the definition which wasn't the crux of it.
But I cleared it up anyway so no harm done.

Soldato
Consigliere
Depends how Russia uses them and how many they get, they're not as meat grindery when it comes to pilots because they take years to train, so it might give them capability to hit better targets with the mindset of "it's just a drone if it gets shot down"

Just found this article (which answered my own question,oops), could be of interest to everyone:

Caporegime
They seem to care enough to get mad when they blow up their regional commanders.

Hopefully that continues and Israel keeps them incredibly paranoid about each other via Mossad's agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom