• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
also that's why they're releasing the £1700 4090 before more appealing 4080
they probably just put 1000-2000 in stock for todays UK launch
I doubt even that much tbh judging by the amount of people who actually snagged one on discord. I think i've only seen about 5 order confirmations so far lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Same, however, this is ridiculous after all shops said they have MUCH bigger supply than they had with 3k series. People do not seem to care about money at all anymore, it all turned into big FOMO rush I reckon. :)

Yeah it's nuts. I do, however, suspect either shops withholding stock to stimulate hype and demand, or misguided scalpers. Could be totally wrong and it's just people spending large. Good for them if so :)

Associate
Yeah it's nuts. I do, however, suspect either shops withholding stock to stimulate hype and demand, or misguided scalpers. Could be totally wrong and it's just people spending large. Good for them if so :)
They also might be pausing sale for their system to catch up, just to prevent overselling. And they will be releasing them in waves, like 200 each time or so.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I envy who is even prepared to spend £1700 on a GPU.. I'd much rather get a more reasonable card like a 3080 and enjoy a 2 week holiday with the Mrs...

I don't envy them, as gaming isn't worth nearly £2000 of my money. Times are going to get tough, really tough over the next couple of years and that £2000 will be much better put to use to help cushion the economic blow out of mass redundancies, house repossessions, spiralling energy/food and general living costs.

Back
Top Bottom