Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Just a heads up if you used file transfer from your old phone when setting the phone up head over the installed apps and update them. I couldn't even open the camera app until I updated it.

Associate
Finally got notifications working. Had factory reset the watch.
Could somebody do me a favour. When customising the faces I now can't chose battery percentage to display. Any ideas?

Soldato
Seems you can't install or sideload a lot of legacy apps.
Google have removed support for 32bit apps from the Pixel 7.

See here: https://twitter.com/MishaalRahman/status/1580580220913954817?

It's annoying because I need to use an app for work which I download from their server as an APK but it's 32bit so can't be installed.
I'll need to use a cheap backup phone for work (got an old S9 with a cracked screen lying around) until they make a 64bit version of the app :mad:

Soldato
Already factory reset my P7 Pro :rolleyes:

I didn't want to transfer everything to the new phone but got lazy. I knew some Huawei apps might work their way across but when I saw a Samsung app I realised that I must have dragged old/useless apps over to my Huawei 4 years ago, and then over to my P7 Pro now :o

It wasnt even convenient anyway - I still had to sign in to everything.

Now my search begins for apps that will make the P7 Pro that bit better. Is there an improved UI for the Pixel 7 Pro? The Huawei interface seems so much better in my opinion.

Soldato
Already factory reset my P7 Pro :rolleyes:

I didn't want to transfer everything to the new phone but got lazy. I knew some Huawei apps might work their way across but when I saw a Samsung app I realised that I must have dragged old/useless apps over to my Huawei 4 years ago, and then over to my P7 Pro now :o

It wasnt even convenient anyway - I still had to sign in to everything.

Now my search begins for apps that will make the P7 Pro that bit better. Is there an improved UI for the Pixel 7 Pro? The Huawei interface seems so much better in my opinion.
Nova launcher is a must.

First you say the Bellroy case is horrible and now Huawei has a better interface. I can't take you seriously... :p

I like my Bellroy..

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
First you say the Bellroy case is horrible and now Huawei has a better interface. I can't take you seriously... :p
I felt like any credibility I had earned on this forum would be undermined by these claims I was making :p

I would prefer a case that can cover the front too, but as low profile as possible. The Bellroy is just meh.

As for the Huawei interface - I was surprised too! I'll try the Nova launcher and see if we get anywhere there.

Associate
Let's see if DPD can get it right today. Delivery 9:36-10-36am. Happy days.

Though seeing some of the comments on here and reddit I think I'll keep my Poco F3 as well, just in case.

Soldato
Just to prove my point on Huawei having a nicer interface, here's the comparison of the control panel/notification bar:

y4mlpUTYwEE9bKpqiF41qxZMkDdnVbu9ABcMH_nkvnltnWlrsuJzVmFBWz7AUqTzSG8yH2S3WxdK2DFxoPcVDGav3Up8pFAvdeh0OmDXgh5v_2AwvRssz5OQ6zV3I9hNggf0CdnZ8-edigpRk1Hxxu0eWiTmJehnbQ8I9qXRH8cxpi7LMlWwQC5kkUh_FHF5T7s

y4mtUjXzC3xD47kjTNbSx3mHHMPXbVvpLK3T1-BqTQ1eK31XduoxrUCK6PHLAF09ZWRptWj_FAN4lD0gAImnSaok3K21o_ujn8gSJW6KkBWpGBoInkZelnOpT_TD02JA5KSCs8nJfwa3x7cpkIpe8mUYqNeTrF79PdYxf24vHFYprsOmr1KwJLG8q9GCyokCp7P

How do I get something like that on my P7 Pro?

Nova Launcher is lovely btw @kona786

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to prove my point on Huawei having a nicer interface, here's the comparison of the control panel/notification bar:

y4mlpUTYwEE9bKpqiF41qxZMkDdnVbu9ABcMH_nkvnltnWlrsuJzVmFBWz7AUqTzSG8yH2S3WxdK2DFxoPcVDGav3Up8pFAvdeh0OmDXgh5v_2AwvRssz5OQ6zV3I9hNggf0CdnZ8-edigpRk1Hxxu0eWiTmJehnbQ8I9qXRH8cxpi7LMlWwQC5kkUh_FHF5T7s

You can't change the pull down menu. It grew on me and now I prefer the new look.

Have you dropped the screen DPI to make it look less clunky? You're one still looks too big.

Yep nova launcher is a must on any phone...

Here's how I've done my app drawer

uc

Last edited:
Soldato
A great example of NIGHT SIGHT...

uc

Taken from the review here...

Also the phone comes with display set to Adaptive out the box, I suggest changing it to Natural for properly calibrated colours.

Associate
I've got a couple of questions regarding Pixel 7 and charging..
  • Will Quick Charge 2/3 (which is up to 36W) chargers make any difference to the Pixel 7, or will it just charge at a slow speed? (Considering the QC is for Qualcomm chipsets).. My QC chargers seem to take a long time to charge the phone.
  • When charging "fast", will the phone display say so? (My Samsung S10 says "Fast Charging"/"Fast Wireless Charging" if using a QC charger.
  • What type of charger should I be getting to archive a fast charge? Is it just down to wattage?
  • Assuming QC chargers make no difference to this phone, do you guys have any recommendation for a good fast car cigarette lighter charger?

Soldato
I've got a couple of questions regarding Pixel 7 and charging..
  • Will Quick Charge 2/3 (which is up to 36W) chargers make any difference to the Pixel 7, or will it just charge at a slow speed? (Considering the QC is for Qualcomm chipsets).. My QC chargers seem to take a long time to charge the phone.
  • When charging "fast", will the phone display say so? (My Samsung S10 says "Fast Charging"/"Fast Wireless Charging" if using a QC charger.
  • What type of charger should I be getting to archive a fast charge? Is it just down to wattage?
  • Assuming QC chargers make no difference to this phone, do you guys have any recommendation for a good fast car cigarette lighter charger?

QC3.0 chargers will only charge @ 10W here.

You need a USB-C PD PPS charger for full 23W speeds. It'll say something like Charging Rapidly.

Look for the Samsung 25W charger. That's ideal and usually a tenner. Or this...

Belkin BoostCharge 25W Wall Chargers with PPS (USB-C Power Delivery, Fast Charger for iPhone, Samsung, Galaxy Tab, iPad and more) https://amzn.eu/d/9muQk8j

Car...

Belkin 37W Dual Port Fast Car Charger, USB Type C 25W PPS Port and USB A 12W Port for Galaxy S22, Ultra, 5G, Plus, Note 20, iPhone 14/14 Plus, 13, 12, Pro, Max, Mini and More https://amzn.eu/d/ebPiI1W

Last edited:
Associate
QC3.0 chargers will only charge @ 10W here.

You need a USB-C PD PPS charger for full 23W speeds. It'll say something like Charging Rapidly.

Look for the Samsung 25W charger. That's ideal and usually a tenner. Or this...

Belkin BoostCharge 25W Wall Chargers with PPS (USB-C Power Delivery, Fast Charger for iPhone, Samsung, Galaxy Tab, iPad and more) https://amzn.eu/d/9muQk8j

Car...

Belkin 37W Dual Port Fast Car Charger, USB Type C 25W PPS Port and USB A 12W Port for Galaxy S22, Ultra, 5G, Plus, Note 20, iPhone 14/14 Plus, 13, 12, Pro, Max, Mini and More https://amzn.eu/d/ebPiI1W

Perfect, thank you.

Soldato

y4mtUjXzC3xD47kjTNbSx3mHHMPXbVvpLK3T1-BqTQ1eK31XduoxrUCK6PHLAF09ZWRptWj_FAN4lD0gAImnSaok3K21o_ujn8gSJW6KkBWpGBoInkZelnOpT_TD02JA5KSCs8nJfwa3x7cpkIpe8mUYqNeTrF79PdYxf24vHFYprsOmr1KwJLG8q9GCyokCp7P

I think that was an Android change from memory. Changed with 12 or 13. I always preferred the smaller old one, but now happy with the new design

Back
Top Bottom