Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
@Chrisc

Plot twist mate, liked the watch so much that I'm keeping it. Deal was good so that swayed it. Wife needs a phone so it works out.

I’m really tempted to give the pixel and watch a go. It’s ideally not for me but no harm in trying as the watch is basic it’s what I’d like in a smart watch.

I’m just unsure I’ll regret the purchase.

Soldato
I've had, what I would say is middling to poor battery life on the Pixel Watch. Came off charge at 6pm ish at high 90's, wake up down at 40%. Maybe that's about as expected, 12 hours, 50-60% used, but a lot of that was asleep in bedtime mode. I've then realised I don't think it's pairing with the phone properly. Every now and then I get lots of pair requests, I keep accepting them on both the watch and phone, but this morning I've realised they aren't actually connected. On one hand it's kind of cool as notifications come through fine, so it's good it works over WiFi or data, but I wonder if that's meaning it's burning much more battery? Anyway, I reset Bluetooth cache on the watch, restarted both and it seems to have paired fine. Got it back on charge, we'll see if that helps.
Well... very different. 12 hours on and it's only lost 42%. Tomorrow I will try with AOD and see what difference it makes.

Soldato
I’m really tempted to give the pixel and watch a go. It’s ideally not for me but no harm in trying as the watch is basic it’s what I’d like in a smart watch.

I’m just unsure I’ll regret the purchase.
My wife and I both wanted a phone and watch combo that would beat our Huawei pairing. When I read about the battery life in these watches being 24 hours I pretty much lost hope as we had been spoiled by the GT2 lasting weeks.
I have to say I'm suspicious that Google have done something to improve battery life as our watches are lasting longer than 24 hours and sitting around 40%.
That was the only drawback. The sleep tracking, heartbeat sensor, notifications, and other features are spot on. It's not as "rugged" looking as the GT2 was but it still looks smart.

In essence, while waiting for my order to arrive I was expecting to hate the watch, I'd set myself up prepared to sell it. Somehow though it impressed me and I'm keeping mine.

Associate
Glad to say that the fingerprint reader is near flawless on the 7 Pro.

Whee balance in low light seems a little off and I can't find any colour temperature setting, unless it's that warm/cold slider that doesn't really work in the same way?

Soldato
They want £30 for another pixel watch charger cable. Jeesus
Tbf, its not just a cable though. It's a wireless charging pad. It's £70 for your phone... I would have said £80 for a new strap was more of a :eek:
(Mind you, on the flip of that, you don't get a charging brick in the £30, that's another £25 :cry: )

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone seen the issue where all the icons and widgets dissapear from the homescreens?

Resized the display size and they've all gone, tried putting back and still nothing , the launcher is really far behind Samsung One UI in terms of customisation.

The spacing between icons is horrible , may have to move back to a customer launcher.

Just troubleshooting, have to now set up all my folders, icons and widgets again ffs, that took ages to get right

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbf, its not just a cable though. It's a wireless charging pad. It's £70 for your phone... I would have said £80 for a new strap was more of a :eek:
(Mind you, on the flip of that, you don't get a charging brick in the £30, that's another £25 :cry: )
Yeah it's all ridiculously expensive.

I'll wait for 3rd party stuff to arrive. Should be a tenner for a charger. Wonder if anyone with a galaxy watch has tested if the pixel watch charges properely on that.

Soldato
Has anyone seen the issue where all the icons and widgets dissapear from the homescreens?

Resized the display size and they've all gone, tried putting back and still nothing , the launcher is really far behind Samsung One UI in terms of customisation.

The spacing between icons is horrible , may have to move back to a customer launcher.

Just troubleshooting, have to now set up all my folders, icons and widgets again ffs, that took ages to get right
Switch to nova paid and never look back. Loads of customisation and you can save your setup.

Associate

I'll wait for 3rd party stuff to arrive. Should be a tenner for a charger. Wonder if anyone with a galaxy watch has tested if the pixel watch charges properely on that.
I got like 3 Apple Watch chargers around the house and hopefully it will work on them ... not hopeful but MKBHD mentioned in one of his unplugged videos that they managed to get it charging.

Associate
Those who have done trade-in with Google store via PCS, is their pre-paid postage fully insured? or did you pay for RMSD or similar when sending your old device back. Can't seem to find anywhere on the google trade in site or with the trade in pack that came that says what would happen if the package is lost or damaged.
*edit - seems its at your loss/responsibility. Coupled with their terms around only returning a device to you if they offer you less than 75% value, I've gone with Music Magpie instead. Worked out similar value wise.

Last edited:
Soldato

I seen a video where this guy tried like 3 other charges and even though it said charging, it didn't.

Back
Top Bottom