Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Have people who ordered direct from Google and included a trade in had their kits to return it yet?

I havent heard anything regarding the Trade In.
Yes, I've had mine - it shipped a couple of days after the P7 arrived.

Just been to the Post Office to send the old phone back and discovered they can't accept the package; I had to go to the sorting office. It was very strange as I had another package that was also Royal Mail Tracked 48 that they could accept, but the trade in label just wouldn't scan. The sorting office accepted it no problem.

Associate
I just spoke to Google and they said it was just delayed slightly, and not to worry as the trade in value would remain.. They also offered £15 google store credit for the "trouble". lol

Soldato
How to mirror screen to the TV? I only manage to cast audio to TV.

I want to cast/mirror video. Please how? I can't see the options for it!

My old phone p30pro was super easy to screen mirror.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Mine also flexes but I don’t get any popping noise. My OnePlus 7t also flexes, but I never noticed it as it’s not as prominent. I’ll be interested to see what they come back and say, if they consider that a fault or not.
Mine flexes too, also no popping noise.

Associate
The screen flex issue, my iPhone (13 pro) flexes the same. No click but thats possibly some adhesive behind the screen? IMO I don’t think I’d be too worries about it but an understand you wanting it perfect when buying a flagship phone.

I’m interested in what @LiE thinks as I’m considering the switch from iPhone to pixel 7 pro And he seems to have the same concerns as me.

Soldato
I've had, what I would say is middling to poor battery life on the Pixel Watch. Came off charge at 6pm ish at high 90's, wake up down at 40%. Maybe that's about as expected, 12 hours, 50-60% used, but a lot of that was asleep in bedtime mode. I've then realised I don't think it's pairing with the phone properly. Every now and then I get lots of pair requests, I keep accepting them on both the watch and phone, but this morning I've realised they aren't actually connected. On one hand it's kind of cool as notifications come through fine, so it's good it works over WiFi or data, but I wonder if that's meaning it's burning much more battery? Anyway, I reset Bluetooth cache on the watch, restarted both and it seems to have paired fine. Got it back on charge, we'll see if that helps.

Associate
After running the pixel 7 pro for a few days all had been going perfectly until yesterday.

Went to London for a couple of meetings , phone off charge at 7.30am and got into London for 9.30.

Battery was at 87% which is fine, put my phone on the desk during meeting , two hours later it's at 35% .

No overheating and no sign in the battery menus of what the guilty app was. It stated Gmail etc had used a lot of battery but only showed 6% and the screen was off.

Will have to keep an eye on this.

Also, had issues with intermittent connections to WiFi networks yesterday despite my other phone being fine. Remember similar issues on the 6 pro in the early days.

Connected fine but no data passing and pages failing to load

Last edited:
Soldato
After running the pixel 7 pro for a few days all had been going perfectly until yesterday.

Went to London for a couple of meetings , phone off charge at 7.30am and got into London for 9.30.

Battery was at 87% which is fine, put my phone on the desk during meeting , two hours later it's at 35% .

No overheating and no sign in the battery menus of what the guilty app was. It stated Gmail etc had used a lot of battery but only showed 6% and the screen was off.

Will have to keep an eye on this.

Also, had issues with intermittent connections to WiFi networks yesterday despite my other phone being fine. Remember similar issues on the 6 pro in the early days.

Connected fine but no data passing and pages failing to load
Had that on the HTC U11 I just replaced. WiFi was connected but not passing data so 4G would turn on and my best guess is WiFi would constantly try to connect and it would cane my battery.

Soldato
Alas, does anyone have any suggestions for some wireless car charging mounts? In the past I've used a magnetic one on my iPhone which was great and planned to use the same on my pixel. But before I order a new magnetic plate I wondered if a wireless charging mount might be a good way to go

Caporegime
How to mirror screen to the TV? I only manage to cast audio to TV.

I want to cast/mirror video. Please how? I can't see the options for it!

My old phone p30pro was super easy to screen mirror.
i just looked on mine and there is an option to cast screen on the pull down top menu.... you might have to edit that menu and show what shortcuts you want in it...cast is among them.
it lists all my android smart speakers, chromecasts and android smart TVs.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The screen flex issue, my iPhone (13 pro) flexes the same. No click but thats possibly some adhesive behind the screen? IMO I don’t think I’d be too worries about it but an understand you wanting it perfect when buying a flagship phone.

I’m interested in what @LiE thinks as I’m considering the switch from iPhone to pixel 7 pro And he seems to have the same concerns as me.

I think the Pixel 7 is a solid phone in the short time I used it. The reason I ultimately returned it is I am way too comfortable with iOS and a lot of the Google apps run really well on an iPhone. Some specific things I didn't like:

• A strange one, but I don't like the emojis in WhatsApp, it's like they tried to copy iOS emojis but you get a lower quality version. The native Android emojis are terrible.
  • The UI/text just wasn't as comfortable compared to iOS.
  • Ad blocking isn't as smooth compared to running an ad blocker in safari on iOS.
  • iOS animations are *chefs kiss*. It makes the 60hz on my iPhone 12 feel great to interactive with. Many of the gestures on Android felt harder to nail. Could be muscle memory, but when I was using my Pixel 7 it felt like more effort.
  • The Pixel 7 camera which was one of the biggest draws was hit or miss for me. Quite a lot of the time it would crank the contrast and sharpness up too much resulting in a pretty bad photo. A selfie in less than ideal light would make my shin look dirty and too contrasty.
  • My son uses an iPad so having parental controls turns out to be quite useful.

Associate
At initial setup the phone asks you to connect both devices together. Does Xperia XZ Premium have USB C?

it comes with a usb c dongle and the first thing mine said was to transfer old data from another phone follow the prompts.....
it was easy as ****. Physically connected the 2 phones via cable.

Was pre-empting but it did indeed ask when setting up and both are USB-C so it looks to be very easy so far. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom