***Quest Pro Owners Club***

Associate
I thought I'd start a thread for those who may own a Quest Pro, or who maybe wanting to ask questions about the experience.

I have to say, the lenses and panels are awesome! The Clarity right up to near the edges of the lenses is very good in PCVR.

Trying to take a picture through the lenses to replicate what the human eye sees, is very challenging, as some images can show more screen door effect that you wouldn't normally see. Or trying to get a clear image without the screen refresh showing, by trying to match the shutter speed etc.

Half-Life ALYX
dRdJE8p.jpg

Dj2NjFS.jpg
gEvsvPD.jpg

ACC
BEw1Jlq.jpg

MSFS
zFaRup9.jpg
48LKXMQ.jpg

After owning many VR HMD's, from CV1, Samsung Odyssey, Rift S, HP Reverb, Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev1. None of those compare to the sheer Clarity you get with this Quest Pro.

Panels, some of the best panels I've seen in a VR HMD, I know people are saying it has less pixels than Quest 2, but, pixel count is only part of it for clarity, ppi and pixels per degree is where these panels really shine over the Quest 2, the Quest Pro does feel like a next gen HMD.

Lenses, well, everywhere you look is almost the sweetspot, as you will see from the pics above showing the Clarity near the edge of the lenses. They truely are amazing, and the best lenses I've seen to date.

FOV, I can get so close to the lenses, that the FOV looks nice and wide, filling all my view and not feeling like you're looking through a letterbox like the Quest 2 does when you can see the edges of the display.

The face gasket/side blinkers, I actually like the idea of how they magnetically clip on and off. I know some reviewers say they prefer a full face gasket, but I like how open it is, as I can multi task without removing the HMD. Another benefit is having air circulating when you work out in games like Beat Saber, you don't end up with foggy lenses.

Comfort, well everybody's milage may vary, I have to get it to sit just right to not feel uncomfortable, but once you find that spot, there is no issues with long play sessions.
And definitely no marks left on your face unlike other HMD's.

Touch controllers, these feel very premium, track really well, even when reaching behind your back to grab a gun etc. they really are a step up over the Quest 2 controllers.
Haptics feel good, a little better than the Q2.
Battery life, they say 8hrs, they charge very quickly, but even in the sessions I've played, the controllers only get down to 75% before I've had enough for one day.

Build Quality, it is solid, and feels premium to the touch, everything has some weight to it, like the charging base, touch controllers etc.

Battery life, well 2hrs at the most when not plugged in, even with a lead plugged into the PC, and another to the wall, the cable I use would charge a Quest 2, and hold the charge at 80%.
On the Quest Pro, the battery still drains at a rapid rate, and doesn't give you that much extra play time. EDIT (Use the official cable for better charging support)
The way around this, is to connect via Air link, and use the original cable and 45W adapter, which charges it fully whilst using it.
Not sure if a firmware update can fix this, or that the Quest Pro is power hungry and requires that 45W adapter, which no PC link will give as the typical USB slot on a motherboard is only rated for 5V 1A (5W).

Quest home store, at current, only a select few games and Apps take advantage of the Quest Pro panels, eye tracking etc. Many games like Beat Saber etc look no better on the Quest Pro from the Quest 2 at this moment.

Conclusion, as I've had the Quest Pro a couple of days now, I am going to keep it, as PCVR is that good in it.
Price is high, but then the technology put into this HMD really makes up for it, especially when games and apps start to adopt eye tracking, it will really change the experience.

Happy to answer Questions, take more through the lense pics and different games requests if I have it.

Last edited:
Soldato
In some of the through the lense pics I've seen (not yours) there was a noticeable cross hatching effect. Do you see that? It doesn't look like it in the pics you've posted. The clarity, edge to edge, is amazing. I hope the q3 offers similar clarity, can't afford a pro, but hoping to get the q3 (will sell one of the q2s to help offset the cost).

Associate
OP
In some of the through the lense pics I've seen (not yours) there was a noticeable cross hatching effect. Do you see that? It doesn't look like it in the pics you've posted. The clarity, edge to edge, is amazing. I hope the q3 offers similar clarity, can't afford a pro, but hoping to get the q3 (will sell one of the q2s to help offset the cost).

So like in Tyriel woods videos, as he clearly states, the lenses are made for the eyes not for a camera lense. He also blows the images up to 600%.
You don't see the screendoor effect like in those clips. It is sharp and very clear.

Soldato
Worst 'I couldn't afford a Varjo Aero' post ever!
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Associate
OP
The most important accessory for any VR headset is................................

a sense of humour.

Enjoy your new shiny headset.

I took it as a joke, no hard feelings.
I don't have emojis on my phone to show my expression. ;)

EDIT and then I type a wink face and they convert to emojis after posting... lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I would imagine that most of us would like a Q pro.

It's great, but pricey, and has flaws that need addressing, like charging to extend the life in PCVR.

Quest 2 is still a great HMD, especially when it was £299 on launch. So I understand people's feelings about the price of the Quest Pro. Had it been £999, then I'm sure reviews would be different, especially when Valve Index is up near that price point.

Associate
The screenshots look great. We all know the resolution is not ground breaking but sometimes it's not all about specs on a sheet, this is 1 of those times, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I think the same about the Quest 2.

Underboss
nice photos mate, where in the world were they taken ? ;)

seriously though, they look amazing, how did you manage to take photos ? did you use a phone camera or a dedicated camera ?

The Quest Pro has a Snapdragon XR2+ Chip , so the new one, looks like it needs it

Associate
Colours and contrast look really good. Am interested if there’s been a change to the video encoding over USB/wireless compared to Quest 2. Difficult to see in the photos if distance objects are fuzzy and compressed looking such as trees and end of the track in ACC. Could be an upgrade to my G2 for PCVR sims stuff

Soldato
Colours and contrast look really good. Am interested if there’s been a change to the video encoding over USB/wireless compared to Quest 2. Difficult to see in the photos if distance objects are fuzzy and compressed looking such as trees and end of the track in ACC. Could be an upgrade to my G2 for PCVR sims stuff
Better processor in theory can decode more information in the same time. I don't know if it actually does, just makes sense to me.

Soldato
The processor is a variant of the one in the Quest 2, where the memory has been relocated to help cooling and so it can be clocked faster, but it's not a next-gen chip as has been mooted for Quest 3.
Also the Quest Pro has 12gb of RAM which makes a big difference, especially when multitasking apps.

Soldato
To be honest if my work bonus comes through I might be tempted.

The biggest issues I have with Quest 2 are the FOV, the IPD leaving screen edges visible and the visible compression on PCVR.

What's the FOV like on the Pro?

Back
Top Bottom