**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Associate
I still don't have mine that I ordered on the 1st or any texts or emails. Got a birthday 15% off today. Can't use it as I can't cancel my other order as its been in preparing for dispatch since Sunday morning. What a giant middle to me that is

Last edited:
Associate
And just had the Samsung email too.

Thanks for your recent order of the S23. We are sure you’re keen to start using your new phone as soon as possible so we are delighted to let you know that we can deliver your S23 earlier than your scheduled delivery date.

Your new S23 will now be delivered from 8th February.

Permabanned
If anyone wants pics to send over to Samsung customer services

Img-2540.jpg

Img-2541.jpg

Img-2542.jpg
My Cat will be straight into that box and calling it his new home.

Associate
So 60gb bloatware is sparkly installed
It's incorrect information.

Ron Amadeo has zero clue how partitioning works. In settings, the phone is counting its storage size as exactly 512GB, which we know is inaccurate due to partitioning losses.

Instead of reporting the actual storage capacity on the phone, they show this lost space as used up by the system storage, probably to make sure people don't get confused. Additionally, the amount used up by the system is different for each storage spec of the phone. The lower you go in storage tiers on Samsung phones, the lower the system usage, indicating that the system value is just inflated to account for partitioning. The OS is otherwise the same between storage tiers; there would be no other reason for the differing sizes reported by the phone.

But hey, writing a useless article takes less energy than doing actual research, I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
Can I suggest that before you go crippling your phone you take a look at the Samsung apps. They make solid apps and you're going to be losing out if you end up removing stuff.

The penup app was a revelation and opened up so many new things.

Also invest some time learning how to get the best out of the spen. Its a real differentiator.

wsh

wsh

Associate
I've just got this email. I ordered the graphite s23+, the website said it'll take 4 weeks to deliver as it's a special order colour. Not so it seems now!

Screenshot-20230207-182028-Outlook.jpg
/SPOILER]

Permabanned
13th at the earliest for mine and I'm cool with that. No particular hurry here, some things are worth waiting for.

In as far as phone upgrades go ... I've been patient, the S23 Ultra (512GB model) will replace my S20 and hope to see some decent performance improvement over this S20, particularly in low light concert conditions for stills and video clips as I've got some great shows coming up.

What about elegant cover cases?, perhaps drop proof ones? the one I have just now for my S20 I quite like, it has a sliding cover for the camera lenses, just something I bought off Ebay I think, but just fine.

Associate
Red arrived earlier, just transferring settings etc via smart switch.

Slightly annoying that the S-Pen this time round is not the same colour as the body for exclusive colours!

Y5j7vV9.png

Interestingly the S22's S pen does fit in the S23, but the S23 S pen does not fully click in to the S22, so there's a difference in the mechanism.

The darker camera ring vs the silver on the S22 is a nice look, and somehow the S23 Ultra feels smaller slightly in the hand, probably due to the flatter side frame or something.
Love the look of that, glad I ordered it

Soldato
Anyone got the green delivered?

Really fancied the Apple green colours from previous years, but not digging the Samsung variant of it, maybe looks better in the flesh.

Permabanned
Its the black (Graphite ?) version I ordered, but would have been happy with anything but girly Pink, LOL.

Hadn't thought about if a different colour would make a difference, surely Samsung will know enough to produce enough of the obviously more popular black models to meet demand, hard to imagine they make the same amount of coloured phones and hoping they will all sell equally.

Its a moot point because mine is on its way shortly, also It will get a suitable cover ... so it could be Tartan of any clan S23 Ultra, it will likely be a black case I buy to help protect it.

Associate
Any recommendations for the thinnest possible case? Never put anything on so I need to really ease in. Something that is perhaps clear as well so it shows off the looks of the phone..

Associate
Any recommendations for the thinnest possible case? Never put anything on so I need to really ease in. Something that is perhaps clear as well so it shows off the looks of the phone..
I've ordered the memumi case. It's 0.33mm.

It's a tad expensive (£12ish) but it'll do until the cheaper Chinese versions appear on the market for a few £ each

Back
Top Bottom