• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

Upgraded from a 5950x, been solely playing Witcher 3 at 4k and am really pleased with the performance uplift so far. Feels a lot smoother with noticeably higher framerate.

Not sure what is causing it, but I had to turn the windows power plan setting to power saving to stop frame generation stutters. Didn't need to do that with my 5950x, but am also aware others had the same issue with the 5950x etc. Maybe the power plan will work for them too.
Yes I’ve seen this issue mentioned. It’s good that you figured it out for yourself. Hopefully others find out about this fix.

Caporegime
Ι didn't take it as an attack on Intel, and I don't really care even if it was. My point is, instead of saying that the guy isn't really good at tuning any CPU regardless, you made it seem like he is only clueless when it comes to amd, so his results are favorable to intel, which is not really the case.

I fully admitted that the 7950x 3d is - overall - a better CPU than the 13900k. If I was buying right now I would most likely go for the 3d. So im not really biased like many people think.
Sorry I missed this earlier. Yeah, credit where it’s due Bencher to you here. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Been reading through all the posts in this thread.

What is the consensus with the 7950X3D? I’m looking to move from a 5800X3D for a couple of reasons.

1) Shiny Shiny.
2) Not upgraded platform in many years and AM4 is dead.
3) Doing more virtualisation now for work (Panorama and a couple of Firewalls in a Lab).

As this will be a mixed use PC, is the X3D noticeable different than the non X3D in VM work load?

I won’t be doing any other productivity work load.

Appreciate any input you guys have.

Soldato
Been reading through all the posts in this thread.

What is the consensus with the 7950X3D? I’m looking to move from a 5800X3D for a couple of reasons.

1) Shiny Shiny.
2) Not upgraded platform in many years and AM4 is dead.
3) Doing more virtualisation now for work (Panorama and a couple of Firewalls in a Lab).

As this will be a mixed use PC, is the X3D noticeable different than the non X3D in VM work load?

I won’t be doing any other productivity work load.

Appreciate any input you guys have.

if you're buying new - Just get the X3D - Do you upgrade yearly? if so then it doesn't matter. 7950x using VM runs like a DREAM

Associate
if you're buying new - Just get the X3D - Do you upgrade yearly? if so then it doesn't matter. 7950x using VM runs like a DREAM
I don’t upgrade that often no. My AM4, bar the cpu, has been with me since to x570 Taichi was released.

It’s in on of the reasons why I personally prefer AMD I’ve the competition - upgrade paths are there which brings value.

I’m questioning the 79003D or waiting it out for the 79503D. Thoughts? Is the 79003D that bad?

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

I don’t upgrade that often no. My AM4, bar the cpu, has been with me since to x570 Taichi was released.

It’s in on of the reasons why I personally prefer AMD I’ve the competition - upgrade paths are there which brings value.

I’m questioning the 79003D or waiting it out for the 79503D. Thoughts? Is the 79003D that bad?
Have a look at this. I wouldn’t recommend the 7950x3D.

Caporegime
Back on topic, with a 7950X3D driving it, a tuned 4090 is almost as fast as a tuned 7900 XTX in Warzone 2 at 1440P competitive settings. Seeing a new tier of performance vs what was capable on the 7950X.
When I said the 7950X3D gave a tuned 4090 a new lease of life, this is what I was referring to in comparison to everything else out there.

Note: 4090 video was ReBar off as I was testing 4090 Vs XTX with SAM/ReBar off. ReBar on adds another 10-20 FPS for the 4090, so more videos to follow with it enabled soon. It's basically equal to my tuned XTX with ReBar on. I will also add, these 4090 numbers are way higher than anything else out there online. :D

4090 overclocked with a 13900K

@Grim5 I will put up a 4K video, but I'll tell you right now the 4090 will be completely GPU limited even at 4K lowest settings. :)

Last edited:
Associate
there is something i feel is being overlooked from time to time with teh 7950x 3d, that is that it is not purely a gaming CPU, its a hybrid. Its for people who want great gaming but also need teh extra core counts for multi threaded workloads. If purely gaming for sure people would be better off saving there cash and going 7800X 3D. Me personally multi threaded performance is more impoortant so i went with teh non 3D 7950X which is available for £569 which in my opinion is a great buy.

Associate
When I said the 7950X3D gave a tuned 4090 a new lease of life, this is what I was referring to in comparison to everything else out there.

Note: 4090 video was ReBar off as I was testing 4090 Vs XTX with SAM/ReBar off. ReBar on adds another 10-20 FPS for the 4090, so more videos to follow with it enabled soon. It's basically equal to my tuned XTX with ReBar on. I will also add, these 4090 numbers are way higher than anything else out there online. :D

4090 overclocked with a 13900K

@Grim5 I will put up a 4K video, but I'll tell you right now the 4090 will be completely GPU limited even at 4K lowest settings. :)

I watched a video earlier that you put up the solos game play think it was the XTX on competitive settings. Your first death looked a bit sus to me the way the guy new exactly where you was etc.

Associate
I'm far from an environmentalist, but I dislike when power is just being burned obnoxiously, especially in something as omnipresent as enthusiast computers. I feel like these chips aren't getting credit for being so efficient

Caporegime
I watched a video earlier that you put up the solos game play think it was the XTX on competitive settings. Your first death looked a bit sus to me the way the guy new exactly where you was etc.
Possibly doesn’t help that I’m not the best player in Battle Royale mode, doesn’t suit my run and gun gameplay. He killed me so quickly too.

Soldato
Yeah then given I have a 13900KS with e-cores disabled, might be worth trading it or selling it and getting a 7950X3D for the better binned 3D cache chip and not having to wait until April 6 for 7800X3D as I have a high value part to trader and not waste much money,

Though if I disable the non-3D cache CCD, does that mean I will not need game mode or special drivers and such and CPU will perform great for gaming as is the driver updates and game mode in BIOS only to enable Windows to differentiate between 3D cache CCD and non-3D cache CCD?? Or do the drivers and game mode do more than that meaning they are needed even for only the 3D cache chiplet enabled on 7950X3D or another words a better binned 7800X3D

Paying $250 for double the cores is always a good deal IMO. Especially if it turns out that the 16 core models are using binned cores. Literally a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Soldato
So far I have managed to play some cyberpunk and halo infinite on my new 7950x3D. Happy so far but I can’t really tell much of a difference from a 5800x3D. Will try Hogwarts legacy later and ac creed Valhalla later to put it through its paces. Looking forward to trying out Stellaris again and seeing if it will put all my 16 cores to work on that!

What GPU are you using with the 7950X3D? Please say 4090 :p

Soldato
If purely gaming for sure people would be better off saving there cash and going 7800X 3D.

This is certainly my plan, and I'm not even much of a power gamer, it's just the 7800X will be a fine chip in most other tasks as well. I doubt youtube will show any difference because of the drop in MHz :D

Outside of video encoding and 3D rendering, is there anything that really benefits from the extra 8 cores in the 7950X? In a way that a human can feel and say "ah, yes, this is less annoying"?

Looking forward to trying out Stellaris again and seeing if it will put all my 16 cores to work on that!

Wait, does Stellaris actually use multiple cores now? It's been a few years since I played, and it only seemed to load 1 core... will have another shot if they've taken advantage of modern CPUs at last!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom