• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
are 4080's likely to get under £1000 anytime soon? I bought a 4070ti but it was cancelled and re-listed at a higher price(scummy). Only way I can justify £1000 and no more is I sold my 3060ti for £250 so it will take it down to £750.

With the 3080 already struggling at 4k I don't want to get to a position where next year the 4080 does too as I want to keep the card for at least 3 - 4 years and only use a 4k tv now that does not support 1440p.

4090 is the answer then unfortunately.

Associate
are 4080's likely to get under £1000 anytime soon? I bought a 4070ti but it was cancelled and re-listed at a higher price(scummy). Only way I can justify £1000 and no more is I sold my 3060ti for £250 so it will take it down to £750.

With the 3080 already struggling at 4k I don't want to get to a position where next year the 4080 does too as I want to keep the card for at least 3 - 4 years and only use a 4k tv now that does not support 1440p.
4080 is already "on the edge" in some games at 4k. Main reason why I haven't upgraded (and the prices, of course.) If you want the only true 4k card out there, then that's a 4090 - and I'm not even sure about that one going forwards.

I bought my first 4k TV last year. I'll wait and see what the next gen brings as regards better performance in newer Unreal 5 (etc.) games at 4k and at much more reasonable prices. Or just buy a PS5 (Pro maybe?) and be done with PC gaming if the next gen. is just more of the same rip-off pricing.

Associate
4080 is already "on the edge" in some games at 4k. Main reason why I haven't upgraded (and the prices, of course.) If you want the only true 4k card out there, then that's a 4090 - and I'm not even sure about that one going forwards.

I bought my first 4k TV last year. I'll wait and see what the next gen brings as regards better performance in newer Unreal 5 (etc.) games at 4k and at much more reasonable prices. Or just buy a PS5 (Pro maybe?) and be done with PC gaming if the next gen. is just more of the same rip-off pricing.
I think the 7900XT will become the best bang for buck performance card given it’s vram superiority and AMD aging their cards like wine.

Soldato
How much did Nvidia pay for their current stock of vRAM though? At the much higher prices they paid?
No one forced Nvidia to hold onto more than $5 billion worth of stock.
two old guys call out todays pc gamers, says you complain too much and are spoilt

They also say if you don't like the pricing you can always buy a PS5 for $500, echoing what some people on these forums have said, that these high prices are detrimental to the entire PC gaming echo system.

Last edited:
Soldato

I'm gaming with a 3080 at 4k and games are buttery smooth. The 4080 is by no means on the edge.

Soldato

As time moves on, all cards won't be good at 4k.
If you're ok with lower details and fps (by buying a console), just do the same on PC with lower spec components.

Associate
Also why are people recommending the 6950xt for £600 but balk at the idea of paying £700ish for a 15% better (at raster) and ampere level RT on the 7900xt? I don’t understand the logic of some. I’d opt for the 7900xt everytime- extra vram, better RT, 2 more years driver support and new arch with some perf left to be unlocked.

Last edited:
Soldato
As time moves on, all cards won't be good at 4k.
If you're ok with lower details and fps (by buying a console), just do the same on PC with lower spec components.
True, you can reduce settings/upscale and still get great performance by keeping a hold of your current last gen or older GPU.

But you can't spec a PS5 comparable brand spanking new PC, controller and AAA game for £479 delivered.

That's why the lead AAA platform is and will stay console for a long time coming imo.

Soldato
True, you can reduce settings/upscale and still get great performance by keeping a hold of your current last gen or older GPU.

But you can't spec a PS5 comparable brand spanking new PC, controller and AAA game for £479 delivered.

That's why the lead AAA platform is and will stay console for a long time coming imo.
You can build a PS5 beating PC for £650 these days. I would take that deal anytime considering the massive advantages of PC gaming.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Also why are people recommending the 6950xt for £600 but balk at the idea of paying £700ish for a 15% better (at raster) and ampere level RT on the 7900xt? I don’t understand the logic of some. I’d opt for the 7900xt everytime- extra vram, better RT, 2 more years driver support and new arch with some perf left to be unlocked.

Not everyone has that extra £100 +

Soldato
Except a PS5 doesn't cost £650.

A PS5 alone doesn't cost £479 either never mind £650.

What part of PS5, controller and AAA game for £479 delivered was hard to work out?:p
When did I say that it does? It's just a pc at £650 is a way better deal.

If you're that cheap then sell your TV cancel your TV license and get a steam deck at £350. Maximum value for money.

Soldato
When did I say that it does? It's just a pc at £650 is a way better deal.
Why quote me then?

I'll remove the goalposts...

Ignoring entry to AAA gaming cost, the better deals subjective, the point made however isn't:

Console AAA gaming is now far more affordable and accessible than PC AAA gaming.

If you're that cheap
I'm not, you want my GPU specs and displays?:p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom