• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
True, you can reduce settings/upscale and still get great performance by keeping a hold of your current last gen or older GPU.

But you can't spec a PS5 comparable brand spanking new PC, controller and AAA game for £479 delivered.

That's why the lead AAA platform is and will stay console for a long time coming imo.
Does anyone here really stop playing their preference in games just to switch platform to save a few quid? That sounds mental unless you just play multi-platform games.

Soldato
Does anyone here really stop playing their preference in games just to switch platform to save a few quid? That sounds mental unless you just play multi-platform games.
Yes.
Plenty switched since lock down/mining/scalping because of the price increases.

Nv just cut out the above factors and increased price to last gens street price, with AMD slightly cheaper in their shadow.

Last edited:
Associate
When did I say that it does? It's just a pc at £650 is a way better deal.

If you're that cheap then sell your TV cancel your TV license and get a steam deck at £350. Maximum value for money.
Better deal in what exactly?

For the exact same games that got released on PC that are PS5 games, I bought on PS5 far cheaper then Steam has ever had for GOW, Horizon, FF7 remake, ratchet ( coming to PC soon but at full price ) etc..., all of which look amazing and performs amazing on PS5, FF7 remake on PC does not look any different to PS5 performance mode and thats damning to hell, Ive seen PSN deals beating Steam prices more often then ever before and new game prices are roughly the same, also games that are released on PS5 go down faster then on Steam esp the physical editions, the adage that PC gamers say just wait til its on a steam sale usually takes closer to a year to happen.

On consoles, they go down within a few months of release.

Also, as someone who owns rather expensive peripherals on PC, you wouldn't be using your office based Dell mouse when gaming, you either buy a controller or a more fitting mouse and keyboard to fit the bill and typically the average price on those is £30 each, so add £60 to that.

If you are using a controller and wish to go wireless, if you intend to use the official Xbox controller, well pucker up for the wireless receiver that you better get for it which is an extra £20 if you want the wireless experience with it.

I ask you, please tell me what makes a £650 PC without any nice keyboard and mouse or controller a better deal.

Associate
Better deal in what exactly?

For the exact same games that got released on PC that are PS5 games, I bought on PS5 far cheaper then Steam has ever had for GOW, Horizon, FF7 remake, ratchet ( coming to PC soon but at full price ) etc..., all of which look amazing and performs amazing on PS5, FF7 remake on PC does not look any different to PS5 performance mode and thats damning to hell, Ive seen PSN deals beating Steam prices more often then ever before and new game prices are roughly the same, also games that are released on PS5 go down faster then on Steam esp the physical editions, the adage that PC gamers say just wait til its on a steam sale usually takes closer to a year to happen.

On consoles, they go down within a few months of release.

Also, as someone who owns rather expensive peripherals on PC, you wouldn't be using your office based Dell mouse when gaming, you either buy a controller or a more fitting mouse and keyboard to fit the bill and typically the average price on those is £30 each, so add £60 to that.

If you are using a controller and wish to go wireless, if you intend to use the official Xbox controller, well pucker up for the wireless receiver that you better get for it which is an extra £20 if you want the wireless experience with it.

I ask you, please tell me what makes a £650 PC without any nice keyboard and mouse or controller a better deal.

FF7 remake on PS5 in performance mode runs at 60fps 1512p and can drop as low as 1152p. How is that the same as running the game at 2160p 120fps on pc.?
Also ever heard of cdkeys.? You can get discounted games on day one.
Oh and Xbox controller can be used with Bluetooth if headphones out isn’t needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Associate
FF7 remake on PS5 in performance mode runs at 60fps 1512p and can drop as low as 1152p. How is that the same as running the game at 2160p 120fps on pc.?
Also ever heard of cdkeys.? You can get discounted games on day one.
Oh and Xbox controller can be used with Bluetooth if headphones out isn’t needed.
Does a £650 PC run FF7 remake at 4K 120 FPS locked?

CDkeys, right and you wonder why devs dont care about PC gamers ( by the way just to humour you, I still obtained games on the PS5 cheaper then CDkeys equivalent on Steam ).

I have tried and many others have tried using bluetooth on the xbox controller, its crap ( by the way, you know you have the buy a xbox controller on PC right? )

Associate
I totally agree that PS5 will run games better than £650 but the way you worded it implies that FF7 looks the same on any pc not just one that costs 650.

Cdkeys sells legit keys so devs are still getting paid.

I’m using Xbox controllers with my laptop quite often connected by Bluetooth without any issues at all.

Soldato
True, you can reduce settings/upscale and still get great performance by keeping a hold of your current last gen or older GPU.

But you can't spec a PS5 comparable brand spanking new PC, controller and AAA game for £479 delivered.

That's why the lead AAA platform is and will stay console for a long time coming imo.
It doesn't matter, even if a similar PC would be the same or cheaper, games will still be made with consoles in mind (with all the limitations that come with it). There's too much money to be left aside.

Even Sony brings its stuff to the more expensive PC, causing some fans to go nuts.

All in all, make games for all platforms, sell on all platforms.

Soldato
RTX 3060 TIs are going for <£300 now, so you can buy fast 1080p cards now at an affordable price.

The RTX 4060 TI, not so much. Disappointing card, particularly in Hogwarts:

Hogwarts_1080p-p.webp

The RTX 4070 TI does badly also, considering it's price (but can still manage 1440p).

The RX 6800 is probably the only card I'd recommend right now for 1080p (especially if looking to play lots of new games over the next few years), I think >£400 though is too much to play smoothly at 1080p, £400 would be the sweet spot. The RX 6800 is also faster than the Series X console GPU.

AMD just needs to cut the price another 10%.

Or get a used one from CEX?

Last edited:
Associate
Xbox controller via bluetooth is brutal.:p
Why is it brutal.? Works fine with my laptop.?
It might have less range and few milliseconds added delay that most people wouldn’t notice anyway but that’s about it.
I’m talking about Xbox one x/s controller here because some games don’t work with series x/s when connected via Bluetooth.

str

str

Soldato
Why is it brutal.? Works fine with my laptop.?
It might have less range and few milliseconds added delay that most people wouldn’t notice anyway but that’s about it.
I’m talking about Xbox one x/s controller here because some games don’t work with series x/s when connected via Bluetooth.

It's possible bluetooth is brutal for some while others don't have an issue. I found it was responsive for a short period before it became brutal where it felt like 100s of ms of input lag.

I ended up buying the PC wireless adapter but currently I don't have batteries in the controller so I hook it up with a magnetic connector USB cable.

Associate
Wouldn’t spend any hard earned on old tech (Ampere or 6000 series). The support window is 2 years less, less rasterisation performance and no AI cores in AMD cards from last gen. If I’m spending £400 on a RX 6800 I might as well spend £300 and get the latest tech (7900xt) imo.

Associate
An extra £100-£150 is one thing when you're already prepared to spend £600 on a 6950, but £400 vs £700 when considering a 6800 is s huge jump!

I would imagine a lot of £400 6800 buyers currently were originally looking at 6700 XT or 6750 XT but decided that 12GB is now a bit low. If originally they were eyeing a £350 card, there's almost no way they'll consider a £700 card!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wouldn’t spend any hard earned on old tech (Ampere or 6000 series). The support window is 2 years less, less rasterisation performance and no AI cores in AMD cards from last gen. If I’m spending £400 on a RX 6800 I might as well spend £300 and get the latest tech (7900xt) imo.
Fair enough, but a lot of people will want a card for a 1080p monitor, or maybe 1440p.

4K monitors are still quite pricy, roughly 2x the cost of 1080p.

Last edited:
Associate
It's possible bluetooth is brutal for some while others don't have an issue. I found it was responsive for a short period before it became brutal where it felt like 100s of ms of input lag.

I ended up buying the PC wireless adapter but currently I don't have batteries in the controller so I hook it up with a magnetic connector USB cable.
From experience I know that this is caused by interference and or weak signal.
Yes the wireless adapter has much better range so I’m guessing those who have issues with Bluetooth have their controller too far away from the receiver.

Last edited:
Soldato
From experience I know that this is caused by interference and or weak signal.
Yes the wireless adapter has much better range so I’m guessing those who have issues with Bluetooth have their controller too far away from the receiver.

I think I read on the motherboard thread someone was having bluetooth issues not specifically xbox pad related, more general issues.
Someone said to make sure you've got a WiFi antenna plugged in.
Maybe the BT module shares the antenna with the WiFi module to get better signal?

That would make sense in the context of the above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom