• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Soldato
**** it, caved.

Ordered the Pulse 7900xt, god forgive me.

I'm pretty keen to play Starfield so the bundle was an influencing factor for me as I would have bought that game anyway, so it's effectively knocking what, £50 off, which takes it to £650 which is just over what I got my 3070 for at the height of the mining thing.

I'll donate my 3070 to my mate who's had a rough time in life recently, we've been friends for 25 years, so hopefully cheer him up a bit.

Associate
Hi there

Some of you have already spotted today, but in short I held of ordering for the past few weeks as firmly believes the pound would strengthen, which it has done, peaked at 1.31 and now hovering around 1.28, a considerable improvement in last couple of weeks.
@Gibbo So we can add currency trader and pundit to your long list of credentials?

Great prices. Thanks for letting us know

Soldato
The other way I can sort of justify this to myself is after 9 months of fighting managed to win a section 75 claim for something I bought in April 2022, and got £525 refunded so most of the way there.

You can see I'm trying to justify this........

My mental gymnastics are being tested.

Caporegime
The other way I can sort of justify this to myself is after 9 months of fighting managed to win a section 75 claim for something I bought in April 2022, and got £525 refunded so most of the way there.

You can see I'm trying to justify this........

My mental gymnastics are being tested.
Nice one. Curious to know more about this if you can share... What was the item you purchased and had problems getting a refund for?

Soldato
Nice one. Curious to know more about this if you can share... What was the item you purchased and had problems getting a refund for?

Thread 'legal action against retailer?' https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/legal-action-against-retailer.18965661/

Thread here.

The 3070 I have was never ideal. I put my pc together right at the end of 2020, AMD 5800x after 10 years on a Sandybridge system. I had in my mind a 3080, and I think if I had a 3080 I'd be ok with it today.

But when I built it, I still kept my 1070 as I wasn't right then playing anything that needed more, so I figured I'd wait 6 months or so, things move on and get cheaper etc ...well normally... That turned out to be a huge mistake as the mining thing fully kicked in. I then found myself playing PUBG at a good level with regular crew, and my 1070 wasn't cutting it. The 3070 I got was on an OCUK forum deal in mid 2021 for £600, which at the time I was pleased with, don't get me wrong I was grateful for OCUK doing that as I doubt they made much money on that, and it was fine for PUBG.

But I had always intended one higher tier.

I don't play PUBG anymore but playing other games like Fallout 76, Mechwarrior 5 Mercs, I'm noticing large FPS drops at 1440p and low and behold VRAM usage 100%......

So I'm confident this will have the legs to last a good many years now and should pair well withy system for Starfield.

Soldato
Almost tempted with the 7900 XT for my son’s PC as it is one of the few non MBA boards that fit in a Meshify C.

He is running a 6700 XT at 1440p and to be fair it’s perfectly fine, so this just me trying to justify a new toy for me to tinker with :D

The Starfield bundle and selling on the 6700 XT does help with them man maths. Though sensible me says wait for the 7800 and get a smaller but still decent upgrade for about £550.

Hmmm, just had the 7900 XT in my basket and saw 4 working day DPD delivery for £8 to N. Ireland. I’ll pass I think.

Last edited:
Associate
Almost tempted with the 7900 XT for my son’s PC as it is one of the few non MBA boards that fit in a Meshify C.

He is running a 6700 XT at 1440p and to be fair it’s perfectly fine, so this just me trying to justify a new toy for me to tinker with :D

The Starfield bundle and selling on the 6700 XT does help with them man maths. Though sensible me says wait for the 7800 and get a smaller but still decent upgrade for about £550.

Hmmm, just had the 7900 XT in my basket and saw 4 working day DPD delivery for £8 to N. Ireland. I’ll pass I think.
I’m sure if you email CS they would work something out for you as a loyal forumer ;)

Soldato
Nah it was more the principle of the thing. I’m sick of subsidising the free next day delivery for all you mainlanders :D

Honestly if I genuinely needed a new GPU I would accept the very poor circa 1980s “allow 28 days for delivery” nonsense but I just needed a reason snap me out of my pointless impulse buy and I found it.

Associate
Great to see reductions but the 7900xt still needs to go down in price more, seems like for all vendors and the channel of distribution are pushing for discounts because they aren't selling and taking up valuable real estate in the shipping and warehouse.

Stock is likely overflowing and it has no where to go.

Hopefully we see more happening to both AMD and Nvidia so that we see more price reductions.

Associate
Are you not biting on this deal? Or waiting for the £699 Pulse 7900XT at OCUK- absolute bargain price tbh.

Very tempted. Just decided of the XTX is worth £200 more and also if the 4090 is worth £600 than that...

Just ordered the 7900xt.... almost twice what I've ever spent on a card before now /gulp
Still, should be around 2x as fast as my 3060ti and not VRAM constrained, so hopefully keep the itch at bay for a couple of years :)

Congratulations on your purchase.

**** it, caved.

Ordered the Pulse 7900xt, god forgive me.

I'm pretty keen to play Starfield so the bundle was an influencing factor for me as I would have bought that game anyway, so it's effectively knocking what, £50 off, which takes it to £650 which is just over what I got my 3070 for at the height of the mining thing.

I'll donate my 3070 to my mate who's had a rough time in life recently, we've been friends for 25 years, so hopefully cheer him up a bit.

Good on you mate!

I really wanted the XTX but that 699 price for the XT i don't think the XTX is worth 200 more. I'm gonna wait im on holiday in the 1st week of August ill see what the prices are then.

Same dilemma.

Associate
Nah it was more the principle of the thing. I’m sick of subsidising the free next day delivery for all you mainlanders :D

Honestly if I genuinely needed a new GPU I would accept the very poor circa 1980s “allow 28 days for delivery” nonsense but I just needed a reason snap me out of my pointless impulse buy and I found it.

That's how it is. I use DPD at work, it costs nearly double to ship to NI or IE than it does the mainland. Cost prices to a company are about £5 for mainland and £10 to IE (the rates i have where i work anyway) So at £8 they are probably taking a loss if their prices are similar to mine. It's worth noting 4 day is an exageration DPD don't have the option when you create a shipment it's literally Next Day in the UK or 2-Day for Ireland/Scotish Highlands.

Unless OCUK have different service times compared to what we have you would likely get it in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom