• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Soldato
I've had an email from DPD saying they're expecting my parcel, but the order is still just showing as 'allocated' on the shop site.... @Gibbo does this mean it will ship today? Thanks!

More than likely yeah, you'll probably find DPD use an electronic booking system, and their gigantic lorry will turn up later on this evening to collect all the GPUs we have ordered which will then get trucked to the distribution hub and sorted, unless you live the arse end of no where or Ireland, you can expect delivery tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
So whats the plan for tomorrow lads?

Download AMD drivers and save to desktop. Delete existing graphics card drivers, shut down PC.

Remove connectivity (or in my case just pull out the network cable), install new GPU.

Turn on PC without internet, install drivers, shut down, re-enable internet, profit?

I have an Corsair HX 850w PSU which is roughly 12 years old but has 2 x 8 pin connectors so should be good to go.

Wonder who's will turn up first? Hopefully I have a quite day at work tomorrow (work from home) so can get a bit of time to install and test :)

Soldato

Download AMD drivers and save to desktop. Delete existing graphics card drivers, shut down PC.

Remove connectivity (or in my case just pull out the network cable), install new GPU.

Turn on PC without internet, install drivers, shut down, re-enable internet, profit?

I have an Corsair HX 850w PSU which is roughly 12 years old but has 2 x 8 pin connectors so should be good to go.

Wonder who's will turn up first? Hopefully I have a quite day at work tomorrow (work from home) so can get a bit of time to install and test :)
Basically this, though I'm out all day tomorrow so it will have to wait until the evening to install

Caporegime
Hot deal my arse.6700xt maybe
We'll need to see your arse before we can draw any firm conclusions either way.

A few moments later...
Y40lcJL.gif

Last edited:
Associate

Not really thought about how until now, but I'm pretty sure we should download and use DDU to make sure we remove every trace of Nvidia drivers before installing AMD ones, assuming you're also making the change from Nvidia to AMD.

Soldato

I always manually find and download all drivers. Screw the windows updates.

Associate

First time going AMD after constant Nvidia. This is how I will do it:
Download amd drivers
Uninstall afterburner
Uninstall nvidia drivers using normal method
Restart
use DDU to further clear all Nvidia drivers.
Remove Nvidia GPU
Install AMD GPU
Install the AMD drivers I have saved to file
Restart

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom