• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Associate
Seriously tempted by the 6700XT at £300 rather than the (of course) faster but overpriced RTX4070. Limited by PSU and as I want to play Starfield as well its a cracking deal. I wonder how Starfield will perform with that card? Got to be a good upgrade on my 1070 at least..

Last edited:
Soldato
Seriously tempted by the 6700XT at £300 rather than the (of course) faster but overpriced RTX4070. Limited by PSU and as I want to play Starfield as well its a cracking deal. I wonder how Starfield will perform with that card? Got to be a good upgrade on my 1070 at least..

No one knows yet, need to wait for reviews to come out or a early test play. I don't think they're doing a beta test either.

Associate
No one knows yet, need to wait for reviews to come out or a early test play. I don't think they're doing a beta test either.

yup I'm torn I wont lie! I'd have gone for the 7900XT deal but that's a bit out of my price range and would also have meant a new PSU so wasn't to be..

There's always waiting for the elusive 7800XT I guess!

Soldato
yup I'm torn I wont lie! I'd have gone for the 7900XT deal but that's a bit out of my price range and would also have meant a new PSU so wasn't to be..

There's always waiting for the elusive 7800XT I guess!

At this stage im just gonna wait and see what Black Friday deals bring, im not desperate for a gpu but more the want for a shiny new toy.

Needs to be an extraordinary deal on the 7900xtx when BF comes!

Soldato
I would be all over that by now if it were me. Be polite and explain that the GPU you had bought was listed as an XTX and you got an XT. Hopefully they do more than offer to take it back for a refund.
Got a return label, bit of a cheek requiring me to drop it off at a drop off point.
If anyone was wondering, the GPU was crazy light in weight. Reason being it is mostly plastic, not very premium.

Last edited:
Associate
Decided to bite the bullet and ordered a 7900XT Pulse last night. Bit of an upgrade from the 6870 I currently have in my PC - a Sapphire card from 2011 I reinstalled when my 290 died.

I noticed the OCUK 7900XT Pulse product page has the wrong images. It shows 3x8-pin connectors which would be the XTX.

Associate
Well.... New higher rated HDMI cable is in and the sound issue is still present. Not noticed any flickering yet but it occured to me earlier that I've still got a generic cable from the AV receiver to the TV, so might have to try running the GPU direct to the TV and just sound out via ARC to the AV later... If that doesn't improve things I'm not sure what I can do

Associate
Decided to bite the bullet and ordered a 7900XT Pulse last night. Bit of an upgrade from the 6870 I currently have in my PC - a Sapphire card from 2011 I reinstalled when my 290 died.

I noticed the OCUK 7900XT Pulse product page has the wrong images. It shows 3x8-pin connectors which would be the XTX.

Yeah I noticed that too. They've used the same set of images, which are if the XTX.

Soldato
Got a return label, bit of a cheek requiring me to drop it off at a drop off point.
If anyone was wondering, the GPU was crazy light in weight. Reason being it is mostly plastic, not very premium.

Mine needs to go back as well, posted back on page 10 of this thread but has artifacts and running really badly.

Put a ticket in yesterday evening not heard back yet, although I've given the the screenshots etc showing that, I've said I just I want to return it under DSR as I can't be doing with the aggro.

Bit gutted as I was looking forward to it, but you buy a product like that and that happens, I didn't pay £700 to start having to go through RMAs etc. Not OCUK fault it didn't work of course, hopefully it'll get sorted out.

Soldato
I reckon the RM650X should be ok, and if any issues just run it at -10% PL for a wee while imo.

Ran loads on mine when I had it inc 3080/6800XT/6900XT with no issues at all :)

My EVGA GQ 650 Gold is running the 7900 XT perfectly well. Even TPU stated they recommend a 650w PSU minimum. It did a few overclocked runs without issue but it is paired with a 5600X CPU.

Associate
At this stage im just gonna wait and see what Black Friday deals bring, im not desperate for a gpu but more the want for a shiny new toy.

I'm building a PC for my son for Christmas and was in no rush for a GPU, I was hoping a 7900xt would hit below £700 and with the Starfield premium offer. Which I was going to buy starfield anyway, it was a no brainer for me as that costs £70.

Just wait till Black Friday for the mobo and CPU now.

Back
Top Bottom