Netflix here we go again.

Associate
That would be too much for me, they produce too much and cancel tv series too often. Makes me stay away from series until well after launch, don't want to get into shows that get cut prematurely

Caporegime
That would be too much for me, they produce too much and cancel tv series too often. Makes me stay away from series until well after launch, don't want to get into shows that get cut prematurely

Think this will cross the line for a lot of people.

They must be near the sweet spot now.
Any more and I think more people will dip in and out

I'd say this next price rise (I have the no ads 1080p) is the last for me to be perma subscribed
Any more and I'll likely dip in and out.

For myself that will mean they get less than before as once I start dipping in and out up probably subscribe 6 months out of 12.

fez

fez

Caporegime
They are a listed company. Their job is the post record profits every quarter if possible. If they have to spend more money they will charge more money.

The only way they will charge less is if people leave and their profits go down when they put prices up. People aren't doing that yet therefor they will push it until it breaks.

People said they would cancel it when they cracked down on sharing. They made money.

Soldato
now, just a competition between script writers to finance & improve their AI hardware for more netflix 'originals'

In short, the contract stipulates that AI can’t be used to write or rewrite any scripts or treatments, ensures that studios will disclose if any material given to writers is AI-generated, and protects writers from having their scripts used to train AI without their say-so. Provisions in the contract also stipulate that script scribes can use AI for themselves. At a time when people in many professions fear that generative AI is coming for their jobs, the WGA’s new contract has the potential to be precedent-setting, not just in Hollywood,

Soldato
This might be a case if me dropping to 1080 from 4k.
Did this a little while ago and with the built in upscaling on my TV, it's barely noticeable so i'd recommend ditching the 4k. I await the visual/audiophiles stepping in to tell me i'm clearly wrong and my eyesight and hearing are terrible.

I notice Netflix have done Beckham and Robbie Williams documentaries, god, they're properly scraping the barrel now for content.

Permabanned
I think I’d ditch Netflix completely if there was a significant price rise. I’m not someone who watches hours and hours of TV every day and I barely watch Netflix anymore. Most of the best TV is on Apple TV+ these days and it’s half the price.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Told the missus yesterday that the top package would probably be going up to £20 and I think we will be cancelling periodically if that happens. Perhaps I will have to hoist the mainsail again because I am sick of companies bleeding us dry all in the pursuit of record profits.

Soldato
even, the 720(sd) vs 1080 debate is a lot more nuanced than it used to be - 720 with a good bitrate/code + upscaler(as said) to 1080/4K can look good, Itv & c4 streaming service for example.

moreover on nowtv it's the rubbish 128Kbit stereo 'sound' that accompanies 720 which is really rubbish - I don't know what netflix does there ?

Soldato
Just go thorugh a VPN to beat the system, Netflix for me is increasing to 199.99 Turkish Lira per month for the Premium/4k package.

It was previously TL 130.99 per month which has worked out at;

£3.97 in September
£3.99 in August
£3.79 in July
£4.09 in June

This is done through Revolut account, so no foreign bank charges either.

Soldato
Just go thorugh a VPN to beat the system, Netflix for me is increasing to 199.99 Turkish Lira per month for the Premium/4k package.

It was previously TL 130.99 per month which has worked out at;

£3.97 in September
£3.99 in August
£3.79 in July
£4.09 in June

This is done through Revolut account, so no foreign bank charges either.
I tried this a few years back without luck, however willing to try again, already use Turkey/Revolut for my YT premium.

Do you need to stay on the VPN while viewing or is it the same as YT, only needed for the signup?

fez

fez

Caporegime
even, the 720(sd) vs 1080 debate is a lot more nuanced than it used to be - 720 with a good bitrate/code + upscaler(as said) to 1080/4K can look good, Itv & c4 streaming service for example.

moreover on nowtv it's the rubbish 128Kbit stereo 'sound' that accompanies 720 which is really rubbish - I don't know what netflix does there ?

This is the problem. These companies can save vast sums of money by "cooking the numbers" when it comes to quality. Then you end up with crap quality full HD. In 2023 4k streaming should be the norm.

That's ITV2 type of content, didn't know Netflix had dropped so low.

Netflix has been churning out masses of garbage for a few years now. They make some good stuff but a lot of the good stuff is from other creators. People also love reality TV and stuff about celebs. They make what people want.

Soldato
I tried this a few years back without luck, however willing to try again, already use Turkey/Revolut for my YT premium.

Do you need to stay on the VPN while viewing or is it the same as YT, only needed for the signup?
Nope, I / we don't use a VPN to view - just the sign up process. I also use it for YT premium as you've mentioned.

I can't remember which of those two sign ups required me to provide a Turkish phone number for a verification code, but a temporary number can be obtained online for around about a quid solely for that purpose too.

Back
Top Bottom