• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Caporegime
Soldato
Definitely don't get the V1 cables. I got black screens with them until I got the stealthsense replacement.

I'm not aware of any issues with the original cables. The "stealthsense" cables were introduced merely as they were tidier and more 'robust', without the two delicate wires running the length of the cables.

The only way the original cables should have caused issues is if they were damaged or not assembled correctly.

Associate
Caporegime
The only way the original cables should have caused issues is if they were damaged or not assembled correctly.

Would make sense as every GPU sold would be having issues. Not sure what to do now, original cables or cablemod :/

I have a superflower Power Supply 850W

Last edited:
Soldato
Again, this point you're making isn't something I'm disagreeing with, and is certainly not the point of the original comment I questioned "Only if you can afford to buy outright in one go, should a 4090 be an option for you."
I don’t really care if people buy GPUs on credit even if they wouldn’t be able to afford it otherwise, in the long run though they are just shooting themselves in the foot as Nvidia will think they have more money than they really do and will keep pushing prices ever higher.

Associate
Again, this point you're making isn't something I'm disagreeing with, and is certainly not the point of the original comment I questioned "Only if you can afford to buy outright in one go, should a 4090 be an option for you."
You seem to have an issue with that comment. But really, to me it reads like "Don't get yourself in debt for something you want like a graphics card, only do it for something you need, such as a car, a new cooker, an extension for your house, etc." That isn't bad advice.

I'd suggest you move on from trying to catch someone out by being pedantic about their wording, you are not in their head and can't possibly know the intent of what they said. It's quite clear to me where that comment was coming from. Only difference being, I wouldn't advise someone else to buy one outright either. It's far too late in the cycle to be value for money.

But that's me, if people want to **** their money up the wall, that's up to them. Nothing wrong with offering advice on not tying oneself down to debt for something considered a luxury, nothing wrong at all.

Associate
I don’t really care if people buy GPUs on credit even if they wouldn’t be able to afford it otherwise, in the long run though they are just shooting themselves in the foot as Nvidia will think they have more money than they really do and will keep pushing prices ever higher.
They're shooting the rest of us in the foot too. It's FOMO dicks like that who are partly responsible for the current market.

I used to think I was a bit weak willed when it came to getting new and shiny. But leather jacket man has actually done me a favour. Last summer I got a fantastic OLED TV instead of a new graphics card, wondering what to get this year. Unless some sanity returns to the market, it won't be a graphics card.

Last edited:
Associate
Are 4090 owners propping up the leather jacket industry? Maybe

If people feel better owning (outright) older models of NVIDIA GPUs and feel self-righteous about it, then more power to them.

Since they can't possibly depreciate at the same rate as a 4090, right? :confused:

Although, the performance is a little less than I expected, so maybe they're right:

Jc4pFuS.md.png

Just set up Afterburner and it showed up in Windows Photo Viewer?

Associate
Are 4090 owners propping up the leather jacket industry? Maybe

If people feel better owning (outright) older models of NVIDIA GPUs and feel self-righteous about it, then more power to them.

Since they can't possibly depreciate at the same rate as a 4090, right? :confused:

Although, the performance is a little less than I expected, so maybe they're right:

Jc4pFuS.md.png

Just set up Afterburner and it showed up in Windows Photo Viewer?
It's just a lot of outlay for something like this for me, but I'm gaming less nowadays. If you're an avid gamer, you'd probably get your money's worth.

Soldato
Tried some of the new Avatar game few hours ago. Its one of the most demanding and beautiful games I've seen

It tends to like memory as well, with total vram at 15gb and total system ram at 20gb

The framerate is actually really good for these graphics, around 60 with no dlss and 120 with dlss

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve feel like I’ve snatched victory from the jaws of defeat this gen and it’s all thanks to Jensen.

I had £1000 waiting for the 4080 at the start of this gen but because it was £1200 for an overpriced AD103 trash tier which even £800 would have felt like to much I invested the cash, now I have up to £2600 ready for the 5090 in case the 80 sucks again.

Associate
I’ve feel like I’ve snatched victory from the jaws of defeat this gen and it’s all thanks to Jensen.

I had £1000 waiting for the 4080 at the start of this gen but because it was £1200 for an overpriced AD103 trash tier which even £800 would have felt like to much I invested the cash, now I have up to £2600 ready for the 5090 in case the 80 sucks again.
£2600 might not be enough, may have to settle for a 5060 Ti 32GB at that price.

Also looking like RTX 5000 series may be delayed until 2025, but may get a 4090 Super and a 4090 Titan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom