Standing Desks - Cheap Ones worth it?

nam

nam

Soldato
Link was broken for me, but i've had my Flexispot for around 12 months now and wouldn't want to go back to a regular desk.
which option did you go for a separate frame and worktop ?

Should it be a 3 stage dual motor option? I have a particular size requirement of 120 x 80 and many of those sizes are unavailable on Amazon directly for for flexispot

Soldato
OP
which option did you go for a separate frame and worktop ?

Should it be a 3 stage dual motor option? I have a particular size requirement of 120 x 80 and many of those sizes are unavailable on Amazon directly for for flexispot

Oh i just bought the legs as i made my own desk top.

I'd definitely go with the Dual Motor. Not sure what the 3 stage part is though.

EDIT - The Flexispot website direct usually has a few discount codes around to bring it down less than Amazon (plus TCB)

Last edited:
Associate
Wondering if anyone has experience with the 'gostand' ones? I don't really need a standing desk so much as I need a desk with high weight capacity, and these seem to fit the bill. (CRT monitors)

nam

nam

Soldato
Looking for a standing desk. 3 stage for stability and dual motor ideally 120 x 80 cm should support 2 x Dell 27" monitors with Arms. I have two suggestions.

Herman Miller Jarvis - Expensive on Sale - £743

or Sanodesk slightly bigger in size 140 x 80 - £279

Does anyone have either or can recommend similar ?

Associate
It's a shame that Herman Miller aquired Fully because the offering is just nowhere near as good as it used to be. You can't buy half of the accessories separately anymore (and so much is out of stock) and the variety in tops has just disappeared and is way more limited.

I have a Fully Jarvis standing desk - bought it back in late '21 and because I needed a smaller size to fit in the alcove I bought the 120x80 bamboo top on the standing frame. One of the main benefits to Fully was that they sold different desktops in different materials and sizes separately so you could swap relatively easily if needed.

We've moved house, I've got more space in my study/home office so was looking to pick up a 160x80 desk top to give myself a bit more space. Herman Miller is no longer offer just the Fully Jarvis tops so I'm now looking at either getting a counter top and going that route or picking up one of the Flexispot Bamboo 160 x 80 tops separately. Those are always well reviewed and apparently were all sourced from the same factory as the original Jarvis ones anyway.

I understand that Herman Miller don't want to saturate their own product offering but it's annoying when we can no longer get the same monitor arms (or bracket accessories) that Fully sold or any of the tops separately. I like Herman Miller (ignoring the pricing) and have a Mirra 2 chair that I think is brilliant - but it's such a shame when businesses are acquired to then be only used for a fraction of what was originally so appealing about them.

Associate
Has anybody noticed any differences / Benefits within themselves after moving to a standing desk?
My back is better, when I mix standing and sitting up. I do this by standing up when my watch tells me to.

I also prefer standing for big/under pressure meetings and for remotely presenting. It could be placebo but I feel I benefit from standing and moving around. It also shifts my focus/is part of my getting ready to present mode.

Soldato
OP
My back is better, when I mix standing and sitting up. I do this by standing up when my watch tells me to.

I also prefer standing for big/under pressure meetings and for remotely presenting. It could be placebo but I feel I benefit from standing and moving around. It also shifts my focus/is part of my getting ready to present mode.

I generally work like this, stand for pretty much all meetings, sit down when really trying to focus.

I'm not sure i've really noticed a difference though after ~18 months of having a standing desk.

Associate
That Herman Miller will be mine, I have a mid-range sit stand desk for now. It wobbles on carpet, and from my digging around most seem to. My next office is going to have a hard floor and the Jarvis is high on my list to purchase.

Soldato
Looking for a standing desk. 3 stage for stability and dual motor ideally 120 x 80 cm should support 2 x Dell 27" monitors with Arms. I have two suggestions.

Herman Miller Jarvis - Expensive on Sale - £743

or Sanodesk slightly bigger in size 140 x 80 - £279

Does anyone have either or can recommend similar ?
We got the smaller version that looks identical to the sanodesk that was about £100 and it's very sturdy and haven't had any issues with it

Soldato
I actually use a Yoga ball as my chair, have done for around 6 weeks as my old chair fell apart and i thought i'd try it. I actually really enjoy it, but was reading about the potential issues of using one for the full day. Being able to switch between yoga ball and standing should work well.
I was going to suggest this... lol
I don't think any high adjustable test could take the weight of my setup..
2x 28" 4k monitor
3-4x 16" MacBook pros
2 bookself speakers
mouse... desk matt, two computer docks, headphones dock, all the stress and figet toys... and a desk lamp

Also I will have issues placing a white board if I had a high adjustable desk.. let a lone all the wiring that have to be raised and lowered...

Every desk at work is high adjustable and hardly anyone adjusts them including myself.. only the cleaners to hoover under the desks themselves as we spend the first 5 mins adjusting our desks back so they one

Even thou I got a really good office chair, I have to get up a stretch my back every now and again as I did my back in a few years back.. the apple watch (I assume others will do it too) will beep at me to get me out of the chair.

I tend to use yoga ball for the first few hours of the day.. it's good for my core.. but I've seen two different types of stool that's peeked my interest;
a kneeing one; thou I have issues with my knee as well.. lol and one that rocks (Leitz Ergo Cosy Sit-Stand Stool)

Back
Top Bottom