Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
y8457jBt.jpg

When you don't speak English and cannot be bothered to use a translator...

Soldato
I watched the whole 2hr interview and, TBH, was anyone actually thinking this interview would be anything other than a bunch of rubbish all round?

I mean those who already believe Putin won't now be anti-Putin, and those that are Anti-Putin won't now be pro-Putin so, other than being useful for Historians, there doesn't seem to have been any point to this whole debacle and the overblown reactions to it for me. By now I think that no-one will have had their opinions on this war changed due to this interview and it's not been the "win" for either Putin or Carlson that both wanted, with Putin's lies being easily seen through and Carlson being unable to get Putin to talk about what Carlson wanted to talk about.

Again, for historians it'll be worth watching so they can give a better record of what Putin believes gave him the right to invade, but just because Putin believes it to be true doesn't actually make it true.

Soldato
I watched the whole 2hr interview and, TBH, was anyone actually thinking this interview would be anything other than a bunch of rubbish all round?

I mean those who already believe Putin won't now be anti-Putin, and those that are Anti-Putin won't now be pro-Putin so, other than being useful for Historians, there doesn't seem to have been any point to this whole debacle and the overblown reactions to it for me. By now I think that no-one will have had their opinions on this war changed due to this interview and it's not been the "win" for either Putin or Carlson that both wanted, with Putin's lies being easily seen through and Carlson being unable to get Putin to talk about what Carlson wanted to talk about.

Again, for historians it'll be worth watching so they can give a better record of what Putin believes gave him the right to invade, but just because Putin believes it to be true doesn't actually make it true.

I still can't get over how ******* crazy it is for a leader of a country to try and make territorial claims for 1300 year old history. It's literally the same as Greece, Italy and Britain saying they want their land back (which constitutes half the world) because hundreds of years ago it was theirs

Last edited:
Soldato

Well, yes. Roar said he thought it would be good and after watching it said it was good *shrug*

But then, he seems to be very credulous about Putins utterances.

Soldato
I still can't get over how ******* crazy it is for a leader of a country to try and make territorial claims for 1300 year old history. It's literally the same as Greece, Italy and Britain saying they want their land back (which constitutes half the world) because hundreds of years ago it was theirs

This is my history, tell me yours.

It’s sad we didn’t get a mention, surly the greatest nation in the world should get a mention in Russian history? as we did invent Russia after all. Anyway, I’m sure we’ll get all due credit when the leases on that area of the empire run out.

I think Great Britain should install Sir Baron de Von Trump as Lord Viceroy of the Russian Dominion of Great Britain again, because I’ve noticed Russia, has been getting a little… shall we say run down of late. It might be time to Make Russia Great Again just before it’s handed back to Great Britain and leased to the next tenant. I’ve noticed the walls are in a terrible state of disrepair… and let’s not mention the toilets.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I was hoping the CIA had gassed tucker in his sleep a week before and replaced his left nut with the latest remote controlled high explosive then just when he man spreads it blows up Putin and takes out Tucker at the same time.

Its a big opportunity missed in my eyes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was hoping the CIA had gassed tucker in his sleep a week before and replaced his left nut with the latest remote controlled high explosive then just when he man spreads it blows up Putin and takes out Tucker at the same time.

Its a big opportunity missed in my eyes.

Mr Carlson’s services to comedy are invaluable.

Soldato
Putin lies to Carlson's face, and the useful idiot doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Funny how people jump on this sort of stuff as an "ahaha!! GOTCHA!" - when in this specific example it was clearly a mistake not a bare-faced lie - he probably meant grandfather and the whole grandfather-Zelensky thing is pretty well documented.

Heck, for all we know even the translator could have got this wrong in the moment because Father and Grandfather don't sound entirely dissimilar when talking fast (at least for a westerner like me). That translator had his work cut out for sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
The more I see of the fallout from the interview, the more the "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" maxim seems appropriate. We knew going in that Tucker wasn't going to be asking any tough questions (A: because he's Tucker and B: no way would the Kremlin let him), but Putin's incoherent rambling makes him looks just senile, deluded and weak. I think its increased the chances of someone "retiring" him.

Man of Honour
Funny how people jump on this sort of stuff as an "ahaha!! GOTCHA!" - when in this specific example it was clearly a mistake not a bare-faced lie - he probably meant grandfather and the whole grandfather-Zelensky thing is pretty well documented.

Heck, for all we know even the translator could have got this wrong in the moment because Father and Grandfather don't sound entirely dissimilar when talking fast (at least for a westerner like me). That translator had his work cut out for sure.

Good thing the translator didn't screw up grandfather the other way around, Putin might have thought he was flirting with him, though from my understanding Putin fully understands English.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom