COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Yesterday a local news story where a 21 year old suffering with a bad back, he then started to cough up blood and 4 days later he was dead.
Within 10 minutes there were 5 posts where CT'ers were posting crap about vaccines giving you cancer :(

Indeed, it's truly pathetic how low some people will go just to try and get attention and feel special because "they know the truth" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Indeed, it's truly pathetic how low some people will go just to try and get attention and feel special because "they know the truth" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Social media. Its an absolute cancer unironically, someone was saying on the radio their daughter had the heard the news the govt were going to introduce conscription and start a war and she was disgusted not surprisingly, it didn't occur to her/them apparently to check whether it was actually true or was infact a garbled misheard misinterpretation of recent comments by army chiefs

Last edited:
Social media. Its an absolute cancer unironically, someone was saying on the radio their daughter had the heard the news the govt were going to introduce conscription and start a war and she was disgusted not surprisingly, it didn't occur to her/them apparently to check whether it was actually true or was infact a garbled misheard misinterpretation of recent comments by army chiefs

This is also social media and we have some of the same people on here.
Take this thread for example, there's some complete muppets who prefer to listen to Joe on You Tube and call it 'doing their own research'.
Anywhere there is a gathering of people on the internet draws them out.

It very unfortunate but I don’t feel society can allow social media to continue unchecked. Self censorship isn’t working, and a large percentage of what’s on there is deliberately misleading, and often maliciously so.

Tested positive today. Feel like crap fever, sweating, chills, headache and general aches. No cough but nose is congested but not running just a bunged up feeling.

Did not have vaccines due to other health issues but have had Covid before.

It’s certainly not a nice illness that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Tested positive today. Feel like crap fever, sweating, chills, headache and general aches. No cough but nose is congested but not running just a bunged up feeling.

Did not have vaccines due to other health issues but have had Covid before.

It’s certainly not a nice illness that’s for sure.
Two weeks on from getting it and today I pretty much feel normal and back to full strength. The last week or so has been fatigue central :(

Two weeks on from getting it and today I pretty much feel normal and back to full strength. The last week or so has been fatigue central :(

I’m at a week now and %90 back to normal. I have a bit of ETD which I always get after a head cold and a bit nose stuffy every now and again.

The fevers and chills with this dose were pretty intense for me. I spent 3 days either freezing or burning up then it just stopped. Had a mild cough from a throat tickle but again it went pretty quick. I lost my sense of smell for about 24hrs then it came back.

It’s been a weird experience I get a mild amount of fatigue if I do anything intense but it’s not too bad.

Last edited:
It doesn't help that there's such limited reporting now, and equally limited testing, so many more people may have gone through it again but just ignored it as a 'cold'.

Long Covid is ruining me at the moment - Post Covid in Jan 2023 (fully vaccinated), I thought I'd recovered fine, but a few months later noticed my pulse was unusually high at times... tl;dr blood pressure ended up being much higher than previously (I am overweight and not very active, so that also applies), and as the months went on more fatigue and 'brain fog'. Luckily I managed to get a decent doctor interested so I am on meds for the BP which is slowly trending down and also allowing me to try and improve. The fatigue/fog remains, and hopefully some more tests may be on the way.

I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, but I'd absolutely recommend the vaccine. Those who think that they're 'evil' are in for a rough few years, as more conditions are treated with vaccines as prevention. It just makes sense overall.

Mental how most people have the same sympthoms and it rolls out pretty much everywhere. Not trying to start/lead onto conspiracy theory but paracetamol sales are up again

and people have always had the same symptoms depending on which variant you got with colds & flu since humans began, it's just now we have a new virus to add to the list.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make to be honest.

but I'd absolutely recommend the vaccine. Those who think that they're 'evil' are in for a rough few years, as more conditions are treated with vaccines as prevention. It just makes sense overall.

This might be good advice but I'd say that being fit and having a healthy diet is probably better advice.

Back
Top Bottom