Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Here is mone xD
QAHwZ24.jpeg

Don
@Rilot - looks amazing! Hope you’re enjoying being back in a S2000!
You could say that. I got home from picking it up. Went in the house, grabbed a coffee, chugged it, went straight back out to enjoy it some more.
It feels like coming home after a long time away.

After driving it around for 100 miles or so, there are a couple of jobs to do that have cropped up:
Rear view mirror is starting to delaminate at the edges. Ordered some new glass.
Driver's door open sensor / switch is playing up. Looks like it just needs taking apart and cleaning.
Driver's floor mat is missing. Ordered some new ones.
I'll grab some new locking wheel nuts to please @ShiWarrior ;)
Clutch needs bleeding / fluid replacing

Other than those and the aforementioned rocker cover paint that's peeling off, it's spot on. Drives totally straight. Engine is very healthy by the sounds of it. Certainly doesn't feel like a 19-year-old car.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I loved my first S2000 (02 plate pre facelift), did 500 odd miles a week in it and it was great.

Bought an 04 plate facelift a few years after I’d sold the old one and never really gelled with it :( Sold it a year later for what I paid for it, and only used about a tank of fuel that whole time.

Still think they look lovely though and would try another….

Man of Honour
You could say that. I got home from picking it up. Went in the house, grabbed a coffee, chugged it, went straight back out to enjoy it some more.
It feels like coming home after a long time away.

After driving it around for 100 miles or so, there are a couple of jobs to do that have cropped up:
Rear view mirror is starting to delaminate at the edges. Ordered some new glass.
Driver's door open sensor / switch is playing up. Looks like it just needs taking apart and cleaning.
Driver's floor mat is missing. Ordered some new ones.
I'll grab some new locking wheel nuts to please @ShiWarrior ;)
Clutch needs bleeding / fluid replacing

Other than those and the aforementioned rocker cover paint that's peeling off, it's spot on. Drives totally straight. Engine is very healthy by the sounds of it. Certainly doesn't feel like a 19-year-old car.
If the clutch needs replacing, prepare yourself as they aren't cheap to do!

Still miss mine and would have another.

Permabanned
It really is. Only thing it needs in the short term is a new rocker cover (or the old one paining) due to the paint peeling off. I'll probably just buy a brand new one as they aren't that much.
I've got an FIPK on the way to release the glorious sound of the intake. Mulling over whether to do the exhaust bypass mod or to get a Milltek system fitted. Leaning towards the mod as I had that before and liked the sound as well as the stock look.
Apart from a modern stereo, that's all I've got planned. I may do coilovers and Polybushes next year.
Milltek are absolute garage overpriced junk mate don't bother!

Unless you like the idea of your exhaust coming in a thousand pieces of which most of them are held together by exhaust paste and cheap chinese clamps that leak and undo themselves in 3 months under vibration, along with the fitment moving due to expansion etc, they're scene junk.

For example this FN2 one here:
iu

Some have flanges, but still awful cheap materials.
Here's a picture, look how craply made that is along with the materials!
iu

Some of their stuff has the bends done with a pipe bender some the diametre throughout isn't equal, and because they use cheap materials and baffles/packing they sound *****!

I have seen awful chinesium shiny manifolds that crack look better than Miltek, and that's saying something :cry:

Last edited:
Don
They seem to be quite well regarded over on S2Ki
I tried a number of aftermarket pipes on my last S2000 and they all droned something terrible. The Milltek apparently doesn't.

Permabanned
They seem to be quite well regarded over on S2Ki
I tried a number of aftermarket pipes on my last S2000 and they all droned something terrible. The Milltek apparently doesn't.
Strange. They're very poorly made as you can see above. Was in the Honda scene for years and have never seen 1 fitted to a Honda, bar the quiet cheap ones Tegiwa sell for civic cup.

The VAG finance boys seem to love them though :cry:

I'd rather pay the money for decent materials and it to be backbox/mid-pipe/cat or decat/manifold, not a puzzle and chinese claims/mild steel cheap flanges.

You could just get a nice off the shelf JDM exhaust and put a decent silencer/resonator in it, problem solved.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Interesting. Thanks for the advice. I will reconsider.
If you want to ring Tegiwa (who are a MillTek supplier, but just ignore that) I can probably still get you a 10% discount code (to spend on anything regardless of price ;)), so browse the site/ring the lads, find something you like, inbox me, I'll ask them nicely and slyly send you the code - providing the 2 I know still work there :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom