Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Associate
The SMS 2 mod looks great! It's definitely on my must own again list :)

In regards to the switcheless mod, can you override the mods region autodetection? reason I ask is some games have different title screens/names depending on the region detected.
On my region + 50/60hz modded Megadrive for example if I had it set to JP + 60hz and inserted a european copy of Kung Fu Kid it would show the Japanese title instead.

Man of Honour
OP
The SMS 2 mod looks great! It's definitely on my must own again list :)

In regards to the switcheless mod, can you override the mods region autodetection? reason I ask is some games have different title screens/names depending on the region detected.
On my region + 50/60hz modded Megadrive for example if I had it set to JP + 60hz and inserted a european copy of Kung Fu Kid it would show the Japanese title instead.

Bloody good question and I think there are several versions of the mod board to do different things. These mod boards for this one were customer provided so honestly I dont really know much about them.

I shall dig and let you know!

Last edited:
Associate
Bloody good question and I think there are several versions of the mod board to do different things. These mod boards for this one were customer provided so honestly I dont really know much about them.

I shall dig and let you know!
Region and Refresh changes can cause some interesting results. I know that some games actually switch features off when run at 60hz as opposed to 50hz, Robocod for example turns off parallax scrolling when at 60hz :)

Associate
Vince, any tips on doing a complete joycon shell swap?
Just to plus 1 this, yep take your time, remember you can always get pics etc of layout if you get interrupted midway.
I have only ever done 1 shell swap due to the original being bent and it was straightforward.

If your new shell is a different colour to the original, remember you can get software that changes the colour the switch sees it.
Say the original is grey, but your new shell is bright pink, the switch when paired will show grey on the screen, but this can be changed.

Man of Honour
OP
I reckon the 32x I've always been a fan of the little that addon that could lol the port of Virtual Fighter is amazing.

What needs doing to it?

I have a working 32x :) - I recapped it, only 18 caps. Still waiting on region mods to turn up but its working sweet! Also works with my flash cart!

Recorded it for youtube and also tested it on the full tower of power :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
@Vince probably not your kinda thing, but fancy a wee DAB radio?

I've done to where my skills are tapped out... checked it was getting power from the batteries or power brick, and it does with both. Other than that, I have no idea whats up with it.

Kind Regards

Oh hell yea that sounds different and fun!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom