Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I hate black wheels so got them sprayed silver :)

IMG-1945-Enhanced-NR-Edit-1280.jpg

Soldato
Hi there

Might be the only owner on OcUK, or soon to be of an Alpine A110S, deposit placed today and going to collect when I return from holiday next month, cannot wait after numerous test drives of A110 and A110S last few weeks and trying some at Donington yesterday also, made my decision and trigger pulled:

forum.jpg forum1.jpg

A very different choice but after driving both the A110 and A110S I was somewhat blown away, think Lotus Exige handling, but far nicer place to sit and do miles in, I for one love the fact it is a DCT box, got enough manuals as this will make daily chores not only easy but plenty of fun. The highlight of driving them is lightness and comfort. :)
I've done some track days where Mr Life110 is present in his car and can say they are properly rapid when set up properly, great little cars and I very nearly got one instead of the GT4. In the end I wanted a more interesting engine, but as an all round daily that can do track days car they're hard to beat. Don't see many S with the aero bits from factory, nice choice.

OcUK Staff
I've done some track days where Mr Life110 is present in his car and can say they are properly rapid when set up properly, great little cars and I very nearly got one instead of the GT4. In the end I wanted a more interesting engine, but as an all round daily that can do track days car they're hard to beat. Don't see many S with the aero bits from factory, nice choice.

Why I got it, 30k depreciation in just shy of two years.
A GT4 was an option, far better engine as you say, hate the long gearing though and the Alpine really shows its lack of weight and it is so tiny on the road, just a very unique driving experience in a modern world full of overweight oversized cars.
Already been in discussions with David at 110, have all his Geo settings, so shall be applying those to the car, discussing where to go suspension wise either Bilstein with Life110 springs or the AST Road coilover setup, but will see how the ride fairs first before spending money on suspension I may not need.

For me it will be great to for daily, road trips and track days, light weight so cost on consumables will be low and it is something different. Just grabbed a spare set of wheels with new PS4's included as the car is on Cup 2's at present so going to put those wheel/tyre aside and save for track days, plus be safer on road with PS4 option.

Just insured it, £320 so nice and cheap. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Why I got it, 30k depreciation in just shy of two years.
A GT4 was an option, far better engine as you say, hate the long gearing though and the Alpine really shows its lack of weight and it is so tiny on the road, just a very unique driving experience in a modern world full of overweight oversized cars.
Already been in discussions with David at 110, have all his Geo settings, so shall be applying those to the car, discussing where to go suspension wise either Bilstein with Life110 springs or the AST Road coilover setup, but will see how the ride fairs first before spending money on suspension I may not need.

For me it will be great to for daily, road trips and track days, light weight so cost on consumables will be low and it is something different. Just grabbed a spare set of wheels with new PS4's included as the car is on Cup 2's at present so going to put those wheel/tyre aside and save for track days, plus be safer on road with PS4 option.

Just insured it, £320 so nice and cheap. :)
Been passenger in an A110 and they are incredible. Cornering in them is like a cheat code.

OcUK Staff
Vastly under rated cars and you dont see many around. They deserve to have sold by the bucketload.

Imagine if they had had a better badge on them?

Yeah probably, also a manual option would have helped but think its not possible.
Alpine have a modern Renault 5 replacement due any time also, a small EV hot hatch.
Not sure the A110 is coming to end this year or next and I know Aero cars are rare, as the A110R killed them off but those are 100k, which is crazy money for an Alpine.

Soldato
Hi there

Might be the only owner on OcUK, or soon to be of an Alpine A110S, deposit placed today and going to collect when I return from holiday next month, cannot wait after numerous test drives of A110 and A110S last few weeks and trying some at Donington yesterday also, made my decision and trigger pulled:

forum.jpg forum1.jpg

A very different choice but after driving both the A110 and A110S I was somewhat blown away, think Lotus Exige handling, but far nicer place to sit and do miles in, I for one love the fact it is a DCT box, got enough manuals as this will make daily chores not only easy but plenty of fun. The highlight of driving them is lightness and comfort. :)

Looking good never actually considered one in red, but that suits it really well.

Really looked into these after my RS 300 Mégane but decided it wasn't the right time for me. Love the rear end, they looks great

OcUK Staff
Looking good never actually considered one in red, but that suits it really well.

Really looked into these after my RS 300 Mégane but decided it wasn't the right time for me. Love the rear end, they looks great

Its called Fire Orange its a metallic red/orange hue, loved it in flesh, carbon roof too and full alcantera interior package. :)

Soldato
I agree, this now really stands out. Another I'd like to own myself one day ;) great shot.

Black wheels feel like they have had their day

Far too many people throw black alloys on anything, so completely agree..

However, it's very colour/car/trim dependent IME.. silver alloys can work really well in matching with headlights/white lights and create balance, and then on some colour variations they just stand out because of the lack of balance.. I saw an Orange Fury Mustang that had silver 2x5 spoke forged alloys and they looked out of place..

The Carbonized Gray is a lighter shade of grey, that and the head/fog lights really work well with the silver alloys..

Maybe I'm defending myself here, having just picked up a Lucid Red 55 Edition Convertible, that comes as standard with black alloys/badges/subtle stripes...
:p
Are you saying this (same as mine, I've just got the convertible version) would look better with silver alloys?

I was looking at the Alpines the other day, think they seem great little things.
When I first saw them I thought the interior was odd and it was a gimmick, but now I absolutely love them! they've really grown on me and actually quite reasonably priced!
I had a friend back in the 90's that had a Renault Alpine GTA, so the brand was always 'interesting' to me, that thing look immense back in 1990!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Far too many people throw black alloys on anything, so completely agree..

However, it's very colour/car/trim dependent IME.. silver alloys can work really well in matching with headlights/white lights and create balance, and then on some colour variations they just stand out because of the lack of balance.. I saw an Orange Fury Mustang that had silver 2x5 spoke forged alloys and they looked out of place..

The Carbonized Gray is a lighter shade of grey, that and the head/fog lights really work well with the silver alloys..

Maybe I'm defending myself here, having just picked up a Lucid Red 55 Edition Convertible, that comes as standard with black alloys/badges/subtle stripes...
:p
Are you saying this (same as mine, I've just got the convertible version) would look better with silver alloys?
Maybe not silver but there are other choices in alloys colours like gunmetal etc

Caporegime
And the stick on tat? That’s going too, right?

Pff, you think thats stick on tat, you should have seen it when I got it. :p

25UDRAWl.png

Short answer; JDM nuggets are all about the stick on tat! But some, yes.

Long answer; The side decals will also be going, I'm undecided on the SuzukiSport decal on the bonnet, because it is a real decal.

Also undecided on the K Car decal, its a Japanese Kei tuning car magazine decal which has been there for some time. I think I'll leave it at least for a while.

The bootlid will be getting genuine Alto Turbo Intercooler and Works decals, and a graphic I designed inspired by the original Works RSR, and there will be custom decals (more subtle and period correct) where the current side ones are, which I also designed.

Ah Acme has rebranded!

Who? :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom