Show Us Your Motors!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I refuse to look at it!

Meanwhile, perfect weekend to visit my peeps :cool:

DQTeGUk.jpeg

Still impressive how comfortable and smooth it cruises on the motorways at 19 years old and 151k miles. Just effortless and gets up to 31mpg if I'm cruising outside of congestion :p

Associate
Standard exhaust sounds a lot better than I expected on my pre LCI, too. Been considering a Scorpion OEM resonator delete (seems to be fairly recently out) but the only videos of it are Scorpions own which doesn't give the best idea of what it sounds like (not that videos can give much of what it actually sounds like anyway)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Standard exhaust sounds a lot better than I expected on my pre LCI, too. Been considering a Scorpion OEM resonator delete (seems to be fairly recently out) but the only videos of it are Scorpions own which doesn't give the best idea of what it sounds like (not that videos can give much of what it actually sounds like anyway)
I'd go Akrapovic or Eisenmann personally, but not planning on modifying this at all. Maybe replacing the gear knob as it's a bit worn but that's about it :p
Nice to see one unchavved!

Looks fresh.
Thanks! Took a while to find an unmolested example with sensible miles and a sensible price as they disappear rather quickly.
Had to go 250 miles into Germany for this one, but worth it. 1 owner, recently serviced (incl diff) with new tyres and FBMWSH. 2 years' full BMW warranty as well as which gives peace of mind.

You can very much feel the mass and it's not as playful at low speed as I was expecting (perhaps I need more confidence). Maybe I should've gone for the BRZ/GR86 @Conscript :o
The rear seats are actually useable though - more than enough space for the sprogs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How is Blyton? Worth a visit?

Definitely worth a visit, as adam said it's a good track for low powered cars. Was an all MX-5 track day.

A good track if you don't have a lot of power. It is also pretty impossible to bin it unlike something like Cadwell park. It is also anti-clockwise so something a bit different.

Just the back chicane, if you get it wrong and try to correct it you're going into the barrier but otherwise fairly safe.

Back
Top Bottom