BMW and M Power Owners

Don
Do you ever get tempted to ban someone who disagrees with you? :p
Nope because I've been known to be wrong :D

My dad needs a new battery in his E89 Z4. BMW tech reckons it doesn’t need coding in.

Don’t know if that’s true, but I said to him (my dad) that it seems unlikely.
Easiest way is to check the physical battery terminals - the negative has a tiny wire and little circuit board if it's IBS equipped (and therefore needs coding).

(On the E90 above, if the car didn't have Nav or BMW Assist then they didn't get IBS)

Permabanned
Oh..didn't realise this was a thing.
Is that something I can do by myself?

No error codes this morning btw.

It is the same specification as the old battery although different brand (BMW original before, yuasa now).
Yeah you can get quite a few ebay scanners that'll code it. Or just ask someone with BMW INPA/ISTA software to do it for you off an owners group page.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got Android Auto to display full screen on ID6 ? Can get Carplay to do it no problem but not Android.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Came across Carly whilst looking online and just ordered the module and access for about £75.
Nice, I haven't used Carly, I just have the diagnostic software/worked for bmw. But if it does what you need, then it pays for itself everytime it helps you out :)

Always worth having some form of diagnostics, especially if you can code stuff in, what with the stupid amounts of modules modern bmw's have now :rolleyes: that love to fail and can't simply be 'just replaced', they have to have the serial numbers spoofed onto the replacement part - not sure if Carly will let you do that, pretty sure thats proper dealership tool software stuff - as that's all I've ever used, so I'm not sure how far third party stuff has come.

Don
Came across Carly whilst looking online and just ordered the module and access for about £75.

Bearing in mind Carly is actually an annual subscription.

Cheapest option would have been to buy a decent dongle https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076XVQMVS then sign up for Carista for a month (and then cancel)
Dongle could then be used with any of the free/cheap ODB2 apps e.g. Torque for basic code reading/reseting.

That dongle also works with BimmerCode/BimmerLink if you want a pay once/no subscription option.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else following WBAC values on their ///M?

I've been holding off selling my X3M Comp, WBAC value has gone from £34,245 in early December to £41,455 as of yesterday. Think it's still undervalued but that's quite a rise in 3 months.

Other ///M cars doing the same?

Soldato

I've been holding off selling my X3M Comp, WBAC value has gone from £34,245 in early December to £41,455 as of yesterday. Think it's still undervalued but that's quite a rise in 3 months.

Nope but just checked and my 21 plate M5 Comp is worth £1.5k more than I paid for it at a main dealer a month or so ago, so it looks like you are right seeing as it normally come in under main dealer prices

Associate

Is this not just a case of WBAC values in general being up? They seem to lowball around December every year for as long as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom