BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Depending on the model but you can reset the notification on the dash by turning the ignition on & holding down the trip counter (in my f32).
Did something similar in the G22 but I can't remember what I held down now (maybe something on the stork). Just look on YouTube

Virtual pint to you sir!

Many thanks. Didn't know that was an option, just assumed it was reset via some OBD method or similar.

Commissario
Thanks a lot for the responses.

Fox, my F11 is a 61 plate so it is just the standard ‘dip the beams’ HBA. I agree that the full adaptive option would be much better but it’s just so difficult to find a touring with the options I’m after. There’s one on AT for £40.5k at the moment but unfortunately it has red leather which I’m not a fan of at all (and, of course, has the shadowline pack!). Oh, and it’s non-MHT.
You're welcome to mine for £40k if that's the going price?!

Soldato
I persuaded our Ops director to have a go in an i5, he went in and when they said they had a handful of i5 M60 launch editions with a few options packs for less than £750pm as a company car he took the plunge, should be here 1st March and looking forward to borrowing that for some business trips!
First time posting in the BMW thread! Been looking at these also. On one of the NHS schemes the saloon i5 M60 was on special offer (white only) for £483 nett (yes, i understand there's other deductions going on) or £530 (now £598 since this morning!) if you wanted to pick a specific colour from the 9 no cost standard options. Been waiting for the touring to appear which it did today, they are £608 nett which still seems an ok price for the level of car. They do the Ultimate pack for £684, but not sure what that actually gives above standard and if the £80 is worth it. Think i'll wait a week or two to see if they offer the touring on a special offer also.

Reactions: mjt
Soldato
First time posting in the BMW thread! Been looking at these also. On one of the NHS schemes the saloon i5 M60 was on special offer (white only) for £483 nett (yes, i understand there's other deductions going on) or £530 (now £598 since this morning!) if you wanted to pick a specific colour from the 9 no cost standard options. Been waiting for the touring to appear which it did today, they are £608 nett which still seems an ok price for the level of car. They do the Ultimate pack for £684, but not sure what that actually gives above standard and if the £80 is worth it. Think i'll wait a week or two to see if they offer the touring on a special offer also.
Ultimate pack gives you pretty much everything.. just go on the BMW configurator and take a look.. the options packs are mind boggling, but £11.8k for the ultimate seems to give it everything I'd want.

The NHS prices are insane, I'm jealous, but that aside, for £684 for an i5 M60 touring with ultimate pack, I'd bite! On our SS Scheme, it's £861/mo for the saloon M60 with Ultimate Pack with 12k Miles over 36 months, fully managed (insured/maintained/tyres etc)

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I love using the CD player in our car, especially for long drives. I'm also very happy with the radio!
I miss the cassette player in my old volvo.
Wouldn't go as far as missing a tape deck, but my dad has over 1000 CDs and wanted to spec a changer in his G20 but they stopped offering it at the factory after covid, even the pre-wiring so the dealer could fit the accessory..
I also have many, many CDs from my youth but Spotify and DAB Radio are good enough for me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe I'm a dinosaur, but I love using the CD player in our car, especially for long drives. I'm also very happy with the radio!
I miss the cassette player in my old volvo.

Thought you were extinct? :p I spent forever ripping my CDs to MP3/Flac files, no need to be messing around scratching CDs and putting pencils in cassettes...... :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
So, what’s a good colour combination for interior/exterior. I like the Brooklyn Grey and Phytonic blue, but not sure what vegan leather (also not sure how they get away with killing and skinning vegans, but it must be legal….? :D) colour would match, maybe brown? I’m uselsss with all that as pretty much every car I’ve had was grey cloth upholstery.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So, what’s a good colour combination for interior/exterior. I like the Brooklyn Grey and Phytonic blue, but not sure what vegan leather (also not sure how they get away with killing and skinning vegans, but it must be legal….? :D) colour would match, maybe brown? I’m uselsss with all that as pretty much every car I’ve had was grey cloth upholstery.
The sensatec in the G20 is actually not too bad. It's clearly not leather, but it's very hard wearing and easy to clean.
As for colours, you need red interior ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
For 'free' colour options, very very subjective.. but Brooklyn grey with either Smoke White or Bergundy interior.. Smoke White will make the cabin feel more airy/open but it's got upkeep issues.. bergundy is one that looks different without being obnooxious.. I think brown doesn't have enough contrast.

Go to your local dealer and have a look around, you will know instantly if you prefer lighter/more contrasty interiors.. ultimately its you that matters, don't worry about what others think, it's a leased car so it can't affect residuals etc..

I used a dye blocker on our light coloured X3 interior, that was easy to clean and maintain, but I do tend to wash/clean the car more often than most!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks folks. I'll go take a look at the weekend. I fancied a red interior, however it's not even a paid for option on the i5, it's either white/brown/black verganza, black verganza with alcantara as a std option, or black/white/brown merino leather as a paid option.

I'm also out at least monthly with the washing mit and hoover! :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Thanks folks. I'll go take a look at the weekend. I fancied a red interior, however it's not even a paid for option on the i5, it's either white/brown/black verganza, black verganza with alcantara as a std option, or black/white/brown merino leather as a paid option.

I'm also out at least monthly with the washing mit and hoover! :D
If it were me, I'd go with the brown to be a bit different. If I wanted to keep costs down, stick with Verganza, otherwise pay for Merino.

Soldato
It'll be a lease from work, so any option (apart from the ultimate package mentioned above which is factored into the cost already at an extra £75 a month over the std car) is split over 36 payments which is why i'd prefer to stay standard for most things. I do like the brown but think the black would go well with the Phytonic Blue exterior. Will nip down to the local BMW garages over the weekend at Leeds/Harrogate.

Associate
Hi all, after some advise.
Car is an E89. Was away for almost 2 months, when I came back home I tried to unlock the car but the keyfob wouldn't do anything. Tried the second keyfob, nothing. Apparently my keyfob battery cannot be replaced, so can't be sure it's not both keyfobs.

I managed to unlock the car using the physical key, and inserting the keyfob into the slot does nothing, no lights come on when opening the doors, nothing on the dash either.

I left the car hooked onto a trickle charger for a full day, and this morning still nothing.

The trickle charger recognised the 12V battery and its type (leading me to believe the battery may be ok), and it's been charging all night, although it's still below 75%.

Any advise on what to do?

Back
Top Bottom