Disabled couple snooped on and accused of fraud by the DWP

Associate
Would be interesting to see how far you go with that, because frankly it sounds like you have to be a quadriplegic or brain damaged to not be employed or in education. And this is before we even get into the ableism that still exists in the world of work, especially for hidden disabilities such as autism etc.

Well then educate the people better. When I was on JSA they send me on a course that was ridiculous, and a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Associate
Let's cut to the chase and use a real world example to see your position. @robfosters is capable of replying coherently to posts on a forum, so should he still be working as there are things like data entry jobs from home?

We need to see exactly how far you'll go with this.
Would you be doing it like an assessment form in its simple form?

Soldato
Would be interesting to see how far you go with that, because frankly it sounds like you have to be a quadriplegic or brain damaged to not be employed or in education. And this is before we even get into the ableism that still exists in the world of work, especially for hidden disabilities such as autism etc.

So now you are saying that some of the people claiming could in fact be working?

Associate
As I said I'm not a doctor and dont think its fair to use someones medical history as a gotcha on a web forum.

I'm simply saying the default position should be that everyone should be in education, training or work with benefits as a last resort.

edit - and just to go back to my original point - you know you have a problem when even Labour are saying the system is being abused..
Why?

Jealous that disabled people get to sit at home while you work?

Tell you what. Have a stroke and get vascular dementia and see how much fun you have.

Soldato
Benefit fraud is a drop in the ocean compared to tax evasion. I heard the spent 500million a year just to chase 2 billion in supposed benefit fraud. Yet they spend 50 million chasing 36 billion in tax evasion.

It's easy to target those that don't have the resources to defend.

Two seperate things surely - start another thread maybe?

Caporegime
So now you are saying that some of the people claiming could in fact be working?

How you drew that conclusion from my post is anyone's guess.

I'm asking your position on how disabled someone has to be to not be working or in education. Your answers so far have been "I'm not a doctor" and "it's pretty obvious and easy to test".

Last edited:
Caporegime
I do agree and I certainly won't be voting conservative. But if anyone thinks things will be better under labour (or any other party) then they have a shock coming.
yea but th ats not because of labour policy.

its because the current government is doing the best it can to make sure the next government takes all the blame.

itf labour get in power the tories will tell us how labour bankrupted the country, like last time

the tories are selling all the family heirlooms and jewels on their way out

The language was harsh but that doesn’t take away from the fact that there is undoubtedly benefit fraud in this country, and an element of society who would rather live off the state than work, despite being physically fit to work.
I thought benefit fraud was supposed to be such a tiny percent?
even back in 2013 it was supposed to be almost nothing, and that was before they scrapped DLA to get everyone on life time awards at the back of the queue again.
https://www.cas.org.uk/features/myth-busting-real-figures-benefit-fraud (old stats)

you know around the time the disabled were committing suicide from the stress of switching to PIP

it's just an easy target everyone gets behind to hate.

according to that site tax fraud dwarves benefit fraud

Last edited:
Associate
Disabled people should move away from their GP and support group to please the sun reading, gb news watching *********?
Problem in this country there is no real support. Just time wasters in government positions.

The justice system and compensation is a joke, and the tax payers end up footing the bill for almost all P.I.

Last edited:
Soldato
yea but th ats not because of labour policy.

its because the current government is doing the best it can to make sure the next government takes all the blame.

itf labour get in power the tories will tell us how labour bankrupted the country, like last time

the tories are selling all the family heirlooms and jewels on their way out

They are not even elected yet and you are getting the excuses in lol...

Soldato
Sigh Ive said over and over that I dont have an issue with the genuine getting benefits - thats what NI is for.

And when it comes to things more than a £25 PIP payment (which get used to show how 'so many people' are on benefits), the genuine often struggle to get the benefits they should probably be entitled to because they're having to jump through excessively stringent hoops in the name of stamping out the barely existent fraud that the Daily Mail like to throw about as a headline every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom