Disabled couple snooped on and accused of fraud by the DWP

Who are they then? Never heard of them
oops I got their job title wrong

This includes connecting people to statutory services for example housing, financial and welfare advice.

Social prescribing works particularly well for people with low level mental health needs, who feel lonely or isolated, with long term conditions and complex social needs.

Social prescribing link workers work collaboratively across the health and care system, targeting populations with greatest need and risk of health inequalities. They collaborate with partners to identify gaps in provision and support community offers to be accessible and sustainable.

if your disabled and need help with fit work work assessments etc they will help you.

A local MP can also help with benefits, someone in my family (brothers partner) has some medical condition with they don't get rid of water like normal people do, so shes kinds massive but its not her fault.
My mum was telling me she got tons of help from her local MP, council fitted her a wet room etc :O

She needed one though, one time she got stuck in the bath naked obviously, and the fire service had to get her out :O

They don't really exist, you just keep going round and round.
Not true, I got help for my son from one,

He was on UC/PIP with his mum as his appointee.
His mum passed away the other month and hes only 19 with no clue.
He was due a phone assessment for UC 2 days after his mum passed, they said they would put it on hold for 3 months.
He doesn't get paid UC or pip for a month because they were being paid into his mums closed bank account.
HE never mentioned it to me, then finally he gets the login for his UC portal.
Finds out they want a fit note within 2 days..... (no mention of this when they rescheduled his assessment...
Benefits people refuse to speak to me or him, because his mum is his appointee....

I after google and it says he should have the exact same powers as the appointee.... so they should have spoken to him on the phone....

I give up trying and contact a link worker for him, she gets a 6 month fit note and sends me a photo of it, no way we could even have seen a GP in time to get one ourself...
We got to the meeting with her at the GP surgery. she already got the number for some manager level guy at the DWP so by passes all normal phone queues.
She gets everything sorted out within a 3 minute phone call, including updating his banking details.
She mentions that when he has a phone assessment she will do it with him, speaking on his behalf.
if he needs another sick note before then she can reissue another 6 months

We leave the meeting and she phones me 5 minutes later saying my son should be getting his missing benefit payments within the hour, 5 mins later hes got all his missing UC in his bank account.

Couldn't really have done more for him.

Last edited:
The genuine can't get through because people like you call them scroungers so the government cracks down on everyone to score ideological points. Everyone is treated like a scrounger and has to fight tooth and nail for benefits which clogs the system up.

The government don't care. They are entirely money motivated. All they want to do is reduce costs, they really don't give a ***** how or how many starve in the process.

Question who do you contact to get this, or is this another word fad.
Who is they?
Ask your GP reception, I'm not sure if a GP is supposed to refer you, or if you can just ask to see one.

The one at my local GP practice works from within that building with her own little room.

Disabled people should move away from their GP and support group to please the sun reading, gb news watching *********?
I've literally just helped my autistic daughter move to a new area 50 miles away, she's moved GP and we've helped her find her local support groups, this was because she wanted to move jobs and that was the closest place with a suitable role.

I obviously don't need to point out that generalising all disabled people as if they are incapable messes is not very helpful..

Yes but we are not adding to the benefits bill so what is to be cut to fund the increased disability benefits bill?
cut housing benefits for people in work.
Cut benefits payments for people in work.

Stop subsidising big busisness and global corporations via the tax payer... They should be paying a real wage.... without tax payers topping it up.
These companies seem to get out of paying tax as it is.... having to negotiate taxes with Starbucks, google, amazon etc? what the.......

Wheres our countries balls? PAY THE SAME TAX AS EVERYONE ELSE..... NO SPECIAL DEALS

Last edited:
I've literally just helped my autistic daughter move to a new area 50 miles away, she's moved GP and we've helped her find her local support groups, this was because she wanted to move jobs and that was the closest place with a suitable role.

I obviously don't need to point out that generalising all disabled people as if they are incapable messes is not very helpful..

Nor should we generalise disabilities like autism in the sense that just because your daughter can do it with what sounds like a lot of parental hand-holding, that everyone can. Just having a job puts her in the 20% of autistic people who are employed, so she's clearly at the high functioning end. The ableism I've seen around this condition is quite frightening, from people who don't even believe it exists to those who think it's just an excuse for being different and "we're all a bit autistic".

It's a spectrum and just one of many disabilities where the answer shouldn't just be to move and find a suitable job.

Last edited:
So you call your GP and say I like to know more about social prescribing and would like to be referred to a social prescribing agent?
yea phone up and ask the GP practice how you can get an appointment with a social prescribing link worker.

MY GP originally referred me to the one I got to help my son.
I had really bad depression a couple of years ago and the GP wanted her to help me instead of trying pills.

after the first meeting she just gave me her phone number so I could directly contact her if I needed help with anything.
So when I needed to get my son help urgently I just texted her.

From the sounds of what they do, it doesn't seem like a service that should be walled behind a GP. I'm pretty sure you can self refer/book an appointment the same way you would to see a doctor

Last edited:
The UK benefits bill last year was nearly a quarter of a trillion pounds - thats not sustainable.

What cuts are you proposing to fund areas you think are more important?
Please for the love of all that is holy actually read up on what you've been proven wrong about so many times in this thread already, and I mean something other then the Sun and the Express.

The "Benefits" bill as you put is mainly made up of Pensions (do you want to be working full time at 70+), and "in work" benefits such as housing etc.

Disability benefits are exceptionally hard to get, require a massive amount of documented evidence (which thanks to cuts in the NHS takes ever longer to build up), and almost every one who is turned down by the "bonus for saying no" capita contract employees eventually gets a "yes" when the people who are actually qualified to look at the case and have time to read the medical history and ask informed questions rather than a 30 minute interview get a chance to look at it.
And oddly enough the people that eventually "say yes" tend to be an actual doctor who have some understanding of the conditions they're looking at, a Lawyer or Judge (sometimes ex high court ones) who understands the law, and a third person who is usually someone who is basically "the normal man in the street".

So you keep saying "it should be simple, but i'm not a doctor" just shows you keep demonstrating that you don't have any clue about how it works.

Please for the love of all that is holy actually read up on what you've been proven wrong about so many times in this thread already, and I mean something other then the Sun and the Express.

The "Benefits" bill as you put is mainly made up of Pensions (do you want to be working full time at 70+), and "in work" benefits such as housing etc.

Disability benefits are exceptionally hard to get, require a massive amount of documented evidence (which thanks to cuts in the NHS takes ever longer to build up), and almost every one who is turned down by the "bonus for saying no" capita contract employees eventually gets a "yes" when the people who are actually qualified to look at the case and have time to read the medical history and ask informed questions rather than a 30 minute interview get a chance to look at it.
And oddly enough the people that eventually "say yes" tend to be an actual doctor who have some understanding of the conditions they're looking at, a Lawyer or Judge (sometimes ex high court ones) who understands the law, and a third person who is usually someone who is basically "the normal man in the street".

So you keep saying "it should be simple, but i'm not a doctor" just shows you keep demonstrating that you don't have any clue about how it works.

Thank you for this post. It is astoundingly correct and above and beyond the normal drivel that gets posted on OcUK by its average user.

and almost every one who is turned down by the "bonus for saying no" capita contract employees eventually gets a "yes" when the people who are actually qualified to look at the case
You can request someone with actual medical knowledge of your disability does the assessment. (no proper place for it on the form like its an option but you can)

if you don't they just get a random nurse with no actual medical knowledge of your disability...

They also have a habit of lying so people are advised to mention they are recording the interview, as what the assessor actually writes will be very different to what actually happened.

Claimants can request a copy of the report the assessor files btw , as well as copies of any forms/evidence you have sent in.
via this form
This website even mentions CCTV footage so if you request the assessors report and they lied about how you were in the waiting room etc, you can probably even request that footage as evidence they lied.

They will mention your appearance, how you came across at the interview etc.

Claimant was organised, and pulled information from a backpack.
appearance was clean shaven, well dressed etc.

claimant smiled and had a good rapport.

basically all BS like that even if it's completely false

They start taking notes as soon as you walk through the door, and they will make you wait 5-10minutes whilst they are secretly observing you.

I've seen reports in the past of lifts labelled as broken to trick people into taking stairs etc.

Last edited:
You can request someone with actual medical knowledge of your disability does the assessment. (no proper place for it on the form like its an option but you can)

if you don't they just get a random nurse with no actual medical knowledge of your disability...

They also have a habit of lying so people are advised to mention they are recording the interview, as what the assessor actually writes will be very different to what actually happened.

Claimants can request a copy of the report the assessor files btw , as well as copies of any forms/evidence you have sent in.
via this form

They will mention your appearance, how you came across at the interview etc.

Claimant was organised, and pulled information from a backpack.
appearance was clean shaven, well dressed etc.

claimant smiled and had a good rapport.

basically all BS like that even if it's completely false
Cheers I'll note that down for next time someone I know is going through it.

It's fairly typical of the way the system is set up to work against claimants that they don't actually tell you about the right to have someone who knows of your issue involved at their end*, likewise the way that IIRC the online form has no option for you to keep a copy by default so you don't have a local copy of your answers.

*A friend had a physio doing her assessment state that the medication she was on was not a high enough dose for a condition she wasn't claiming for, and claim that because she could understand basic road road signs she could take in complex information (road signs are very specifically designed to be fast and simple to understand, even if you don't read the local language, the exact opposite of "complex information").

How do you move house out of your parents house with no money because you don't have a job and just have job seekers income?
Around these ere parts, there are apprenticeships/unskilled jobs for £16-£18K.. that is enough to rent a £400pcm flatshare with all bills included and have £1000pcm for other stuff..

So to answer your question, use JSA to seek a job away from home, and use salary to pay for house share..

@n111ck your whole daily fail attitude to people on benefits is quite frankly disgusting and offensive. As others have pointed out, you're also incredibly ill informed. Yet, I guarantee if you're ever unfortunate enough to get a disability, you'll be bloody grateful that you're just not cast into the street to fend for yourself and die. But, you'd get an understanding of what it's actually like for us who do and it's not fun!

I've just had my latest assessment for pip and am now dealing with the crippling anxiety that comes with the fact that there's a high chance it will be stopped or reduced because nothing I said is down on the assessment and I then have to go through the stress of an appeal.

The last time this happened they actually used someone else's information to reduce my entitlement.

I will agree that the system is broken but that is by design.

Around these ere parts, there are apprenticeships/unskilled jobs for £16-£18K.. that is enough to rent a £400pcm flatshare with all bills included and have £1000pcm for other stuff..

So to answer your question, use JSA to seek a job away from home, and use salary to pay for house share..

Hang on, you’re starting with nothing here.

How do you move to the area with the jobs to start said job, on JSA? It’s around £80 a week iirc, it’s certainly not much more, and it certainly means you wouldn’t be able to rent some where for £400 a month and have enough food for food and electricity? How do you pay to move? Or are you suggesting out your belongings you can carry in a sack and walk, then be homeless in an area where there are jobs?

You know that you need to pay a deposit and time in advance. You know there are costs in moving location etc.... how much do you think JSA gives you?

Exactly, these people never mention that mummy and daddy paid their first 3 months rent, or they had a redundancy payment from a previous job, or some other reason they had enough cash to move.

How do you move to the area with the jobs to start said job, on JSA? It’s around £80 a week iirc, it’s certainly not much more, and it certainly means you wouldn’t be able to rent some where for £400 a month and have enough food for food and electricity? How do you pay to move? Or are you suggesting out your belongings you can carry in a sack and walk, then be homeless in an area where there are jobs?
sounds like tory ideology.

"just get a better job"
"just buy a house"
"just move across the country to where the work is with your £80 a week"

"I lived on £80 a week for two weeks as part of an experiment, it was terribly easy says tory MP"
That's like sleeping in a ditch for a night and claiming you have experience of ww1 trenches.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom