Disabled couple snooped on and accused of fraud by the DWP

Caporegime
So you call your GP and say I like to know more about social prescribing and would like to be referred to a social prescribing agent?
yea phone up and ask the GP practice how you can get an appointment with a social prescribing link worker.

MY GP originally referred me to the one I got to help my son.
I had really bad depression a couple of years ago and the GP wanted her to help me instead of trying pills.

after the first meeting she just gave me her phone number so I could directly contact her if I needed help with anything.
So when I needed to get my son help urgently I just texted her.

From the sounds of what they do, it doesn't seem like a service that should be walled behind a GP. I'm pretty sure you can self refer/book an appointment the same way you would to see a doctor

Last edited:
Commissario
The UK benefits bill last year was nearly a quarter of a trillion pounds - thats not sustainable.

What cuts are you proposing to fund areas you think are more important?
Please for the love of all that is holy actually read up on what you've been proven wrong about so many times in this thread already, and I mean something other then the Sun and the Express.

The "Benefits" bill as you put is mainly made up of Pensions (do you want to be working full time at 70+), and "in work" benefits such as housing etc.

Disability benefits are exceptionally hard to get, require a massive amount of documented evidence (which thanks to cuts in the NHS takes ever longer to build up), and almost every one who is turned down by the "bonus for saying no" capita contract employees eventually gets a "yes" when the people who are actually qualified to look at the case and have time to read the medical history and ask informed questions rather than a 30 minute interview get a chance to look at it.
And oddly enough the people that eventually "say yes" tend to be an actual doctor who have some understanding of the conditions they're looking at, a Lawyer or Judge (sometimes ex high court ones) who understands the law, and a third person who is usually someone who is basically "the normal man in the street".

So you keep saying "it should be simple, but i'm not a doctor" just shows you keep demonstrating that you don't have any clue about how it works.

Soldato
Please for the love of all that is holy actually read up on what you've been proven wrong about so many times in this thread already, and I mean something other then the Sun and the Express.

The "Benefits" bill as you put is mainly made up of Pensions (do you want to be working full time at 70+), and "in work" benefits such as housing etc.

Disability benefits are exceptionally hard to get, require a massive amount of documented evidence (which thanks to cuts in the NHS takes ever longer to build up), and almost every one who is turned down by the "bonus for saying no" capita contract employees eventually gets a "yes" when the people who are actually qualified to look at the case and have time to read the medical history and ask informed questions rather than a 30 minute interview get a chance to look at it.
And oddly enough the people that eventually "say yes" tend to be an actual doctor who have some understanding of the conditions they're looking at, a Lawyer or Judge (sometimes ex high court ones) who understands the law, and a third person who is usually someone who is basically "the normal man in the street".

So you keep saying "it should be simple, but i'm not a doctor" just shows you keep demonstrating that you don't have any clue about how it works.

Thank you for this post. It is astoundingly correct and above and beyond the normal drivel that gets posted on OcUK by its average user.

Caporegime
and almost every one who is turned down by the "bonus for saying no" capita contract employees eventually gets a "yes" when the people who are actually qualified to look at the case
You can request someone with actual medical knowledge of your disability does the assessment. (no proper place for it on the form like its an option but you can)

if you don't they just get a random nurse with no actual medical knowledge of your disability...

They also have a habit of lying so people are advised to mention they are recording the interview, as what the assessor actually writes will be very different to what actually happened.

Claimants can request a copy of the report the assessor files btw , as well as copies of any forms/evidence you have sent in.
via this form
This website even mentions CCTV footage so if you request the assessors report and they lied about how you were in the waiting room etc, you can probably even request that footage as evidence they lied.

They will mention your appearance, how you came across at the interview etc.

Claimant was organised, and pulled information from a backpack.
appearance was clean shaven, well dressed etc.

claimant smiled and had a good rapport.

basically all BS like that even if it's completely false

They start taking notes as soon as you walk through the door, and they will make you wait 5-10minutes whilst they are secretly observing you.

I've seen reports in the past of lifts labelled as broken to trick people into taking stairs etc.

Last edited:
Commissario
You can request someone with actual medical knowledge of your disability does the assessment. (no proper place for it on the form like its an option but you can)

if you don't they just get a random nurse with no actual medical knowledge of your disability...

They also have a habit of lying so people are advised to mention they are recording the interview, as what the assessor actually writes will be very different to what actually happened.

Claimants can request a copy of the report the assessor files btw , as well as copies of any forms/evidence you have sent in.
via this form

They will mention your appearance, how you came across at the interview etc.

Claimant was organised, and pulled information from a backpack.
appearance was clean shaven, well dressed etc.

claimant smiled and had a good rapport.

basically all BS like that even if it's completely false
Cheers I'll note that down for next time someone I know is going through it.

It's fairly typical of the way the system is set up to work against claimants that they don't actually tell you about the right to have someone who knows of your issue involved at their end*, likewise the way that IIRC the online form has no option for you to keep a copy by default so you don't have a local copy of your answers.

*A friend had a physio doing her assessment state that the medication she was on was not a high enough dose for a condition she wasn't claiming for, and claim that because she could understand basic road road signs she could take in complex information (road signs are very specifically designed to be fast and simple to understand, even if you don't read the local language, the exact opposite of "complex information").

Soldato
How do you move house out of your parents house with no money because you don't have a job and just have job seekers income?
Around these ere parts, there are apprenticeships/unskilled jobs for £16-£18K.. that is enough to rent a £400pcm flatshare with all bills included and have £1000pcm for other stuff..

So to answer your question, use JSA to seek a job away from home, and use salary to pay for house share..

Associate
Around these ere parts, there are apprenticeships/unskilled jobs for £16-£18K.. that is enough to rent a £400pcm flatshare with all bills included and have £1000pcm for other stuff..

So to answer your question, use JSA to seek a job away from home, and use salary to pay for house share..
You know that you need to pay a deposit and time in advance. You know there are costs in moving location etc.... how much do you think JSA gives you?

Associate
yea phone up and ask the GP practice how you can get an appointment with a social prescribing link worker.

MY GP originally referred me to the one I got to help my son.
I had really bad depression a couple of years ago and the GP wanted her to help me instead of trying pills.

after the first meeting she just gave me her phone number so I could directly contact her if I needed help with anything.
So when I needed to get my son help urgently I just texted her.

From the sounds of what they do, it doesn't seem like a service that should be walled behind a GP. I'm pretty sure you can self refer/book an appointment the same way you would to see a doctor
Just spoke with one. Didn't even know they existed.

Last edited:
Soldato
@n111ck your whole daily fail attitude to people on benefits is quite frankly disgusting and offensive. As others have pointed out, you're also incredibly ill informed. Yet, I guarantee if you're ever unfortunate enough to get a disability, you'll be bloody grateful that you're just not cast into the street to fend for yourself and die. But, you'd get an understanding of what it's actually like for us who do and it's not fun!

I've just had my latest assessment for pip and am now dealing with the crippling anxiety that comes with the fact that there's a high chance it will be stopped or reduced because nothing I said is down on the assessment and I then have to go through the stress of an appeal.

The last time this happened they actually used someone else's information to reduce my entitlement.

I will agree that the system is broken but that is by design.

Soldato

Hang on, you’re starting with nothing here.

How do you move to the area with the jobs to start said job, on JSA? It’s around £80 a week iirc, it’s certainly not much more, and it certainly means you wouldn’t be able to rent some where for £400 a month and have enough food for food and electricity? How do you pay to move? Or are you suggesting out your belongings you can carry in a sack and walk, then be homeless in an area where there are jobs?

Soldato
You know that you need to pay a deposit and time in advance. You know there are costs in moving location etc.... how much do you think JSA gives you?

Exactly, these people never mention that mummy and daddy paid their first 3 months rent, or they had a redundancy payment from a previous job, or some other reason they had enough cash to move.

Caporegime
How do you move to the area with the jobs to start said job, on JSA? It’s around £80 a week iirc, it’s certainly not much more, and it certainly means you wouldn’t be able to rent some where for £400 a month and have enough food for food and electricity? How do you pay to move? Or are you suggesting out your belongings you can carry in a sack and walk, then be homeless in an area where there are jobs?
sounds like tory ideology.

"just get a better job"
"just buy a house"
"just move across the country to where the work is with your £80 a week"

"I lived on £80 a week for two weeks as part of an experiment, it was terribly easy says tory MP"
That's like sleeping in a ditch for a night and claiming you have experience of ww1 trenches.....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The system seems to be setup to push people off disability benefits, as shown by the amount of times the denial decision is eventually overturned.

The government is rejecting a record high of almost 90% of disability benefit appeals, sparking accusations it is ignoring court rulings in order to take a harder line on claimants.

If an MR (mandatory reconsideration) is unsuccessful, applicants can go to tribunal, where they have an 80% success rate, including cases the DWP concedes before a hearing takes place. But campaigners say many applicants are too stressed or disillusioned by the MR process to take things further.

Soldato
@n111ck your whole daily fail attitude to people on benefits is quite frankly disgusting and offensive. As others have pointed out, you're also incredibly ill informed. Yet, I guarantee if you're ever unfortunate enough to get a disability, you'll be bloody grateful that you're just not cast into the street to fend for yourself and die. But, you'd get an understanding of what it's actually like for us who do and it's not fun!

I've just had my latest assessment for pip and am now dealing with the crippling anxiety that comes with the fact that there's a high chance it will be stopped or reduced because nothing I said is down on the assessment and I then have to go through the stress of an appeal.

The last time this happened they actually used someone else's information to reduce my entitlement.

I will agree that the system is broken but that is by design.

You think it's 'disgusting and offensive' that I think benefits should only go to those that genuinely need them?

Caporegime
The system seems to be setup to push people off disability benefits, as shown by the amount of times the denial decision is eventually overturned.

yea it's because the people doing the assessments can be basic nurses and they are not qualified for the job.

they outsource it to clown companies as well, who does it now? atos? capita? serco?

all seem to be clown companies set up to milk as much money from the coffers as possible, how many Mps lobby on their behalf I wonder

Last edited:
Soldato

Ive already clarified what I meant re the benefits bill and seemingly some think they are more deserving than others.

Are you seriously suggesting that it should be easy to live off the tax payer?

Commissario
Ive already clarified what I meant re the benefits bill and seemingly some think they are more deserving than others.

Are you seriously suggesting that it should be easy to live off the tax payer?
No I'm suggesting that you've got no clue what you're talking about, and that you don't seem at all interested in understanding what is involved with say a PIP claim, or how many people who desperately need the assistance are forced to give up on it because the process is specifically set up to do that.

I don't think it should be "easy" to live off benefits, but I also know that it's a false premise to say it's "too easy" or "should be made harder" when it's already a process that requires a lot of evidence, takes months, and is set up to try and deny as many legitimate claims as possible.

Back
Top Bottom