Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Little Schumi thinks Max could be going to Mercedes.

No idea how good this source is.

I feel that this is being used more as a bargaining chip rather him than actually going to Merc. Like, do what we want or we’ll walk. (Who knows what they want?! Horner gone?!)

On a side note I feel like if Horner does go, I hope Newey does too.

Soldato
Commissario
More stuff has just been dropped into the google drive. It's confirms it's his PA. I've seen pictures of her, she's not that fit so god knows what was going through Horny's head....
Not the original google drive link, it hasn't.

Owner
Feb Twenty Ninth
Modified
Feb 29, 2024 by Feb Twenty Ninth
Created
Feb 29, 2024

Still the same File1-File79 in there, nothing more.

Caporegime
More stuff has just been dropped into the google drive. It's confirms it's his PA. I've seen pictures of her, she's not that fit so god knows what was going through Horny's head....

When you are on the road all year away from your wife. I guess you end up busting a nut for anything with legs in that situation.

When he had his kids he could have hung up his boots and focused on them and his wife but he chose to continue.

When you see people like Vettel and Rosberg walk away you realise they are the lucky ones as they realise what truly matters is the family.

Soldato
When you are on the road all year away from your wife. I guess you end up busting a nut for anything with legs in that situation.
I know what you're saying, but with respect to Geri, I don't really see her stuck in a 9 to 5 office to make ends meet whilst he's travelling the world. He's paid enough and has enough seniority with the company to earn the right for her to be at any of the races he/she desires (and she has a bob or two as well). So I think you're giving him a bit of an excuse there. Lower paid support staff, yes.. maybe. CEO and TP? Not really.

Caporegime
I know what you're saying, but with respect to Geri, I don't really see her stuck in a 9 to 5 office to make ends meet whilst he's travelling the world. He's paid enough and has enough seniority with the company to earn the right for her to be at any of the races he/she desires (and she has a bob or two as well). So I think you're giving him a bit of an excuse there. Lower paid support staff, yes.. maybe. CEO and TP? Not really.

That is my point. They have 2 children together. Mothers instinct would want a stable place to bring up those children. Not travelling all over the world every year.

I am not giving him an excuse. I was just pointing out that perhaps when Geri and the extra kids came along that's when you think "I have made my millions, perhaps now is the time to focus on my family" but Horner is obviously a bit of narcissist in that respect. Which is of no surprise when he has gone and done what he did.

Soldato

Maybe she doesn't want to travel more than she already does. I imagine she has better things she wants to do rather than spending hours on a plane and then sat in corporate hospitality for hours on end.

Man of Honour
"I have made my millions, perhaps now is the time to focus on my family" but Horner is obviously a bit of narcissist in that respect.

No offence, but how would you have the first idea what's in his head? He's only 50, in Motorsport terms that's no age at all for Managers/Engineers, etc - hell look at the likes of Marko hanging around the paddock at 80.
Why should Horner bin his massively successful job? Narcissist? Hardly

Caporegime
No offence, but how would you have the first idea what's in his head? He's only 50, in Motorsport terms that's no age at all for Managers/Engineers, etc - hell look at the likes of Marko hanging around the paddock at 80.
Why should Horner bin his massively successful job? Narcissist? Hardly

What is more important to you? Material things or the family unit? A narcissist will always put his own gains before his family.

Man of Honour
What is more important to you? Material things or the family unit? A narcissist will always put his own gains before his family.

I've no kids so frankly for me my job is probably more important as it pay's for the lifestyle that my wife and I have.

I'm interested though in why your singling out Horner? What about Toto Wolff at 52 with 3x kids? Should he quit and stay at home?

Back
Top Bottom