Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Associate
Oh, I am not fan of Horner the man, I make no secret of that. His previous behaviours have shown he is not really a moral man, but in this case I would be saying the same thing for any other team principal.
I respect that, but a number of users in here clearly would not, if it was another TP, it would be a different/less of a story to them.

Also in regards to "forget what actually happens in the real world" I have actually seen this happen at very famous multinational corporation that I worked at. A very senior married exec who I worked under made several unwanted advances to at least 2 female members of staff (one I was witness to a number of times) and he "got away" with a severe demotion and moved to another region.
Yeah I have witnessed the same and people move on and the same person in "trouble" continues on with their role with no problem.

I would also always argue that it ceases to be a purely personal matter the moment it affects your business. If you are fooling around with junior staff, that's not someone I would want in a very senior position running my business.
Fooling around? I think that shipped sailed, the woman was clearly enjoying the benefits of the forbidden relationship until her moral compass got re-aligned and she started to feel bad.

Soldato
Unlikely to be nonsense as the original article was from Jonathan McEvoy who whilst being a bit of a helmet is actually a long time F1 journalist who attends every race and has been reporting on F1 for decades. He’s not the type to completely fabricate quotes out of thin air even whilst working for an awful rag like the Daily Mail.

So many other well known sources have run the story now that I’d wager there is truth behind it.

Edit: Jos has now confirmed it.
Unfortunately though working for a paper that has had numerous convictions for publishing lies, thus not doing his reputation any good.
The mail is just another red top that is a voice for the right wing, or the 'cons' and will use any immoral or illegal method to get a story.
As I stated not even fit for toilet paper.

Don
Unfortunately though working for a paper that has had numerous convictions for publishing lies, thus not doing his reputation any good.
The mail is just another red top that is a voice for the right wing, or the 'cons' and will use any immoral or illegal method to get a story.
As I stated not even fit for toilet paper.
The BBC has said the comments were verified after Jos spoke with them directly too (I agree about your sentiment with the newspaper though):

Soldato
The BBC has said the comments were verified after Jos spoke with them directly too (I agree about your sentiment with the newspaper though):

I think that article might have been updated after my first post. There has though, and for sometime, politics in play between Horner, Verstappen Snr and Marko. Thus it is of no surprise that Jos could be using this current situation to his advantage. He has denied leaking this, yet to be verified, messages, yet he can mouth off to a newspaper..

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the worst thing you can do when you are in a privileged position is lie and mislead, then get caught in that lie. That is regardless of your personal life or not, stories like this will always gain some traction, and trying to obfuscate the truth rather than just handle it with some level of integrity will always end up with more damage done, and in some instances you'll invoke the Streisand effect and end up way worse off that you could have been if you'd just taken on the accountability in the first place.
I feel like he would've been far better off saying, fair enough, I made a mistake and I'm going to do better next time. Instead they've all just put their fingers in their ears. Even his wife! :D

To flat out deny it when its there for the world to see is a terrible look. (It probably shouldn't have ended up being for the world to see but he could've avoided that by not being an idiot..)

Soldato
Such a difficult story to take someones side when you think both of them are total ***** :p:cry:

Needs resolving soon though or this is just going to fester on and on in the background and though it won't affect this seasons outcome could well change the course of future ones if Max starts looking elsewhere etc.

I think when all is said and done Horner isn't going to make it out of this with his job in tact.

Associate
Such a difficult story to take someones side when you think both of them are total ***** :p:cry:

Needs resolving soon though or this is just going to fester on and on in the background and though it won't affect this seasons outcome could well change the course of future ones if Max starts looking elsewhere etc.

I think when all is said and done Horner isn't going to make it out of this with his job in tact.
There's only one sensible way to resolve it that would satisfy everyone, Horner vs Jos cage fight.

Caporegime

I think he will stay. He is ultimate small man syndrome. He dragged his missus out in front of everyone for the camera's just to prove a point. Man has no shame.

Soldato
Needs resolving soon though or this is just going to fester on and on in the background
I’d hope that the fact nothing is happening right now is because the FIA and big stakeholders outside of RB are deciding on how to push him. They’re big institutions- it will take a few days to get their act together. Then it’ll probably be a private push. If that doesn’t work it’ll have to be public statement.
Well Jos has allegedly had a few sparring sessions with various partners
I dont think you need to include the word “allegedly” in that sentence :p

Soldato
I don't really have any strong feelings about RB and it's employees but like others such as Malt Vinegar, I do have pretty good grasp of how corporate ethics, culture and practices work. What's interesting is to see in threads like this how each side bends aspects to their preferential narrative, in some cases getting to the point of bordering on political ridiculousness the government would be proud of.

For instance, if you would believe the veracity of the leaked 'evidence', there is some example commentary in here of casting judgement on the alleged victim effectively saying it "takes two to tango" but not understanding that a person is entitled to change their mind, especially as consequences play out, and that to subsequently expect not to be repeatedly sexually-harassed after the fact isn't particularly unreasonable.

I do hope it gets resolved, but RB's corporate culture leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, it was only about 6 months ago, when Helmut Marko made disparaging comments that Sergio Perez's (poor) form was due to his ethnicity, and then RB implied they couldn't do any more about it because he isn't directly employed by RB, he's a consultant. Guess what lads, you can still sack consultants and at the very least, not extend/renew the engagement :cry: That's practically gaslighting!

This isn't anti-RB, it's calling it how it is. How your leadership team act, sets the tone for the whole company. Employees have mothers, sisters and daughters, and if the accusations are true and nothing is done, a lot of people will be questioning what they are part of.

Last edited:
Soldato
Little Schumi thinks Max could be going to Mercedes.
Sounds like stirring the pot for the sake of it. As if Mercedes aren’t going to lose enough fans from Lewis leaving! Max joining would be the end lol :p And I think Max and Jos are arrogant enough to think that (a) if they want to get rid of Horner they can and (b) they’ll still win if he (and Newey?) leaves.

Would be funny if George shows Max up in the same machinery though :p
This isn't anti-RB, it's calling it how it is. How your leadership team act, sets the tone for the whole company.
100% agree but unfortunately there’s a vocal minority on here that will shout you down for speaking such logic. Oh and you forgot about Jos getting fighty with his girlfriend, and wife, and Marko calling Lewis the little **** boy.

Caporegime
Little Schumi thinks Max could be going to Mercedes.

I'm not sure that's really an accurate summary of this:

Jos was also seen chatting to Toto Wolff - a former nemesis from the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP fiasco - immediately after Saturday's race, with the Mercedes boss answering "Everything is possible" when asked about the possibility of the triple world champion leaving Red Bull for 2025.

"To me, that means they are already in negotiations," former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher told Sky Deutschland. "That's plan B if everything else falls apart."​

I would expect a lot of drivers representatives to be talking to other teams most of the time; if there are obvious problems then that's going to step up. Seems more like Ralf is saying that they've got a backup plan than that they're planning a move. Whether the Max-camp likes Horner or not; Red Bull currently have the pick of the field and that counts more than smiles and handshakes.

Soldato
I don't really have any strong feelings about RB and it's employees but like others such as Malt Vinegar, I do have pretty good grasp of how corporate ethics, culture and practices work. What's interesting is to see in threads like this how each side bends aspects to their preferential narrative, in some cases getting to the point of bordering on political ridiculousness the government would be proud of.

For instance, if you would believe the veracity of the leaked 'evidence' some example commentary in here of casting judgement on the alleged victim effectively saying it "takes two to tango" but not understanding that a person is entitled to change their mind, especially as consequences play out, and that to subsequently expect not to be repeatedly sexually-harassed after the fact isn't particularly unreasonable.

I do hope it gets resolved, but RB's corporate culture leaves a lot to be desired. For instance, it was only about 6 months ago, when Helmut Marko made disparaging comments about Sergio Perez's form was due to his ethnicity, and then RB implied they couldn't do any more about it because he isn't directly employed by RB, he's a consultant. Guess what lads, you can still sack consultants and at the very least, not extend/renew the engagement :cry: That's practically gaslighting!

This isn't anti-RB, it's calling it how it is. How your leadership team act, sets the tone for the whole company. Employees have mothers, sisters and daughters, and if the accusations are true and nothing is done, a lot of people will be questioning what they are part of.
Firstly many are assuming that the person making the complaint is actually a victim and that Horner is the perpetrator. There is no real evidence we have access to that supports either argument but a 'tiny vocal minority' of narrow minded individuals in this thread has always had Horner down as the bad guy, something they've often stated without any evidence other than saying unsubstantiated stuff like 'Red Bull is a toxic team'. Or to judge Horner on his previous marriage whithout a single idea what brought about the break up of that relationship. Thus any opinion they have of this saga is null and void because of complete subjective bias. Perhaps they live a life out of an episode of East Enders, I don't know, but that attitude is very insular and fairly illiterate.

It could easily be that this 'victim' is actually the aggressor as there are plenty of manipulative men and women out there in the real world.

Secondly, I think you'll find that Marko's relationship is more complicated than just being a consultant with Red Bull F1 and he carry's a lot of weight with Red Bull HQ in Austria. Thus just sacking him is not as easy as you think, hence why there does appear to be an power struggle going on which may well have been the catalyst behind all of this in the first place.

Don
Oh no that's a shame....

Gutted. Whatever will we do without Jos the boss loitering around?

Sadly another non-story as Jos hasn't attended every race, dating back as far as 2019

During Verstappen's karting career he was always together with his father, but we no longer see Jos Verstappen in the pits during every race. The young driver still finds it very nice to have his father with him during a race weekend. "I like it that he is still there on the circuit, just like my manager Raymond Vermeulen."

Back
Top Bottom