The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Detroit-style pizza

wB7yuVC.jpeg

147QlRT.jpeg
What makes it Detroit style? Just curious..

Were you listening to Eminem tracks with your trousers hanging off your ass whilst making it? :D

Associate
What makes it Detroit style? Just curious..

Were you listening to Eminem tracks with your trousers hanging off your ass whilst making it? :D
:cry:

It’s a style of pizza; cooked in a deep pan and it has a thick, light base and crispy cheese round the edges where it makes contact with the pan.

I assume it’s from Detroit originally! But I know it because Ooni marketed it to me :)

Associate
Great attempt, I would have a go but for the cheese (Brick Cheese) I wonder what is comparable in the UK. 600/315c for 12 mins is hard to replicate at home as well.
I just went with the Ooni suggestion of cheddar and mozzarella mix; seemed to work well. The cooking temperature is lower than that, probably high 200’s in the pizza oven. I bought the Ooni premix and that recommends 200c for 20-25 mins so maybe it can be replicated without a pizza oven?

Associate
I just went with the Ooni suggestion of cheddar and mozzarella mix; seemed to work well. The cooking temperature is lower than that, probably high 200’s in the pizza oven. I bought the Ooni premix and that recommends 200c for 20-25 mins so maybe it can be replicated without a pizza oven?
They only way to know is to give it a bash I guess.

Back
Top Bottom