Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Another interloper caught in my workshop night before last.

The markings leave me in no doubt that he or she is also an "offspring" of the stray cat that lives in my workshop - Thomas. The markings are almost identical. Thomas has a surprisingly active nightlife. Although the stress of that is taking it's toll. He really doesn't look well. The kittens on the other hand, are all doing very well.
It constantly amazes me the number of people who buy cats and don't have them snipped. This little fellow is not a brother of my cat Jeremy, which means Thomas found yet another unsnipped female in the immediate area.

Last edited:
Soldato
We got a new 5year old cat last week from the local rescue.
It took no time at all for Simon to pick his favourite spot on the sofa.

Simon.jpg

Awwwww!

He's settled in fast! Good boy!

Older and black and Black and white cats are the least popular at the rescue centres. I remember I got one, once, that had been there for six months :(

I don't really get it, cats are all about personality, and you can't really tell with a kitten. To my mind an older cat is a better proposition. You know what it's like before you buy, so to speak, and you avoid that mental ultra-high-energy phase that most kittens wear you out with!

Soldato
Another interloper caught in my workshop night before last.

The markings leave me in no doubt that he or she is also an "offspring" of the stray cat that lives in my workshop - Thomas. The markings are almost identical. Thomas has a surprisingly active nightlife. Although the stress of that is taking it's toll. He really doesn't look well. The kittens on the other hand, are all doing very well.
It constantly amazes me the number of people who buy cats and don't have them snipped. This little fellow is not a brother of my cat Jeremy, which means Thomas found yet another unsnipped female in the immediate area.

aww he looks a lot like dougal :)

Associate
I've got soft spot for black cats, both our current cats are black ....one is a 3 legged one. Thank you for giving him a loving home!
I'm the same, always loved black cats.
Awwwww!

He's settled in fast! Good boy!

Older and black and Black and white cats are the least popular at the rescue centres. I remember I got one, once, that had been there for six months :(

I don't really get it, cats are all about personality, and you can't really tell with a kitten. To my mind an older cat is a better proposition. You know what it's like before you buy, so to speak, and you avoid that mental ultra-high-energy phase that most kittens wear you out with!
Yeah, the rescue told us the same thing about the black cats being the least popular.
I think they said Simon was with them since September last year, so roughly the same amount of time as yours.

Simon has gained a bit of that ultra-high-energy over the last couple of days, he loves having his 10 minutes of zooming around the open plan downstairs space.

Soldato
I'm the same, always loved black cats.

Yeah, the rescue told us the same thing about the black cats being the least popular.
I think they said Simon was with them since September last year, so roughly the same amount of time as yours.

Simon has gained a bit of that ultra-high-energy over the last couple of days, he loves having his 10 minutes of zooming around the open plan downstairs space.

He must be so happy to be adopted. So lovely for him. He obviously feels very safe, too, if he is settling in that fast. :)

Man of Honour
Had a knock on the door at lunchtime and it was my neighbour with some very bad news. One of her cats, Cindy was run over last night and someone found her this morning and took her to the vets in case she was microchipped, which she was and they phoned my neighbour with the bad news. She wanted to go and see her but they said no because of the condition she was in. At least it was instant. She was a beautiful cat, a ragdoll cross and only 15 months old. This is hard for all of us and not just my neighbour although obviously it's much worse for her. You see, the three of us in a row that have cats let them come and go from each others houses all the time. Cindy and her sister Cherie particularly liked our house as Ozzy and Cleo are only a little older and they were always playing together. She will be sorely missed and things are not going to be the same around here as we called her and her sister the cheeky girls as they used to charge in whenever the door was opened and take over the house.

Poor Cindy, may she rest in peace.

0mPO493.jpeg

Soldato
No! That's terrible.

I think it's the one big fear of cat owners. What a nightmare.

Cats growing up, well, I suppose it's the same for humans, but cats don't get any help. It's a trial, and some of them don't make it. It's so sad.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The thing is that it wasn't a busy road, it was a single track road serving a hotel and a row of houses down the bottom of the field. The morons drive along it like it's a bloody race track. It's usually pretty safe around here apart from the odd idiot driving like a lunatic. Ozzy was late home this morning so I was nervous until he came home. Cindy's poor sister has been going house to house looking for her and crying. It's sad and heartbreaking to see. :(

Associate
That is so sad, I'm so sorry.....cats like that feel like they are part of the family when they come and visit. We had two of our cats run over, worst feeling in the world. Last one somebody posted on facebook that there is dead cat next to the road and that they covered it with a blanket.
Mrs woke me up and said Clemmie is not here and there was cat run over. I will never forget the feeling of finding her there and carrying her home in my arms. She was the best cat anybody would ask for, she would just lie on her back and let me stroke her tummy and armpits. I miss her so much , it's been about a year now.

Soldato
Had a knock on the door at lunchtime and it was my neighbour with some very bad news. One of her cats, Cindy was run over last night and someone found her this morning and took her to the vets in case she was microchipped, which she was and they phoned my neighbour with the bad news. She wanted to go and see her but they said no because of the condition she was in. At least it was instant. She was a beautiful cat, a ragdoll cross and only 15 months old. This is hard for all of us and not just my neighbour although obviously it's much worse for her. You see, the three of us in a row that have cats let them come and go from each others houses all the time. Cindy and her sister Cherie particularly liked our house as Ozzy and Cleo are only a little older and they were always playing together. She will be sorely missed and things are not going to be the same around here as we called her and her sister the cheeky girls as they used to charge in whenever the door was opened and take over the house.

Poor Cindy, may she rest in peace.

0mPO493.jpeg

that is horrific i hope she rests in peace, poor little kitty she looked amazing :(

i heard on tik tok that instead of rag dolls perceiving danger with a approaching car they will instead roll over on their backs, now i see why i should keep gizmo and elsa as indoor cats as the people i got them from instructed us :(

truley saddened for the wee kitty and her owners :(

Last edited:
Soldato
The thing is that it wasn't a busy road, it was a single track road serving a hotel and a row of houses down the bottom of the field. The morons drive along it like it's a bloody race track. It's usually pretty safe around here apart from the odd idiot driving like a lunatic. Ozzy was late home this morning so I was nervous until he came home. Cindy's poor sister has been going house to house looking for her and crying. It's sad and heartbreaking to see. :(

In many ways I think the quiet roads are the more dangerous.

It is a trial by fire though.

Humans in with their obsession and need to get everywhere at top speed.

Back
Top Bottom