Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Just started watching this tonight and annoyingly it has that crap effect where the edges of the screen are not in focus. anamorphic lenses is apparently the proper term for it.

Find it very hard not to focus on it

Caporegime
They seem to be going wacky wasteland style. I wouldn't have chosen it, but I don't dislike the style. It does technically fit the games the best.

And I've enjoyed most of the show so far.

Yeah it's a little too wacky for me.
I like it. But I'd have preferred something a little less out there and a bit more serious.

Certainly wouldn't give it 5 stars.

Its probably what I'd expect a borderlands tv series to be rather than fallout.

Visuals and soundtrack are spot on though.

On the woke nonsense...
Usually this means the reviewer is of the mindset...
-black character and I don't like it
-female lead and I don't like it
-has gay stuff in and I don't like it

I never have any issue with this myself so ignore those reviews.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Saying all that.. I didn't like one piece until about ep3..and that was wacky. But in end I loved it.

Only on Ep2 of this. So hopefully I'll warm more to it.

7/10 so far.

Also.. If middle Easy kicks off might become a reality! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I know nuking the NCR was an option in Lonesome road... but uh is it canon now? I guess that also implies that Mr House may have won as well since that (imo) offers the most interesting story.

Shouldn't the brotherhood be dead though or have they somehow resettled the West from the Vegas Bunker (questionable if House wins for obvious reasons)/East faction?

The events happen after New Vegas.Also the East Coast BoS most likely travelled from The Commonwealth,so they won over the Institute?

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished it last night, really enjoyed this and it's captured most of the feeling of the wasteland, as I skipped playing NV this has made me tempted to stick it on and have a play through.

Associate
Maybe it is just me but i couldnt get into it, so i have had to play the game to understand it, i just felt lost watching all the episodes. maybe someone can give me a hint, this is the first time i have watch a show and feeling like i am missing something or am i???...someone on here mention that the creators of this show did WestWorld also, how now i got that and enjoy the seasons

Soldato
Maybe it is just me but i couldnt get into it, so i have had to play the game to understand it, i just felt lost watching all the episodes. maybe someone can give me a hint, this is the first time i have watch a show and feeling like i am missing something or am i???...someone on here mention that the creators of this show did WestWorld also, how now i got that and enjoy the seasons

You don't have to play the games but if you had there are plenty of easter eggs and nods to the games throughout.

Soldato
Just started watching this tonight and annoyingly it has that crap effect where the edges of the screen are not in focus. anamorphic lenses is apparently the proper term for it.

Is this some kind of new trend? Noticed this on Shōgun too

You don't need to fully understand why, what or who at the start, it's setting up a narrative. The backstory slowly unfolds until the finale crescendo when all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:
Soldato
I finished this last night, not bad but not great either imo. It was a little too wacky for me, it also meandered a fair bit. Some of the CGI was very jarring too, the Cyclops guy looked awful as an example and the power armour never looked right.

I'd rate it as a 6.5/10.

Caporegime

just crop the image so the blurred bits are off screen?

I finished this last night, not bad but not great either imo. It was a little too wacky for me, it also meandered a fair bit. Some of the CGI was very jarring too, the Cyclops guy looked awful as an example and the power armour never looked right.
I think they were inspired by lazy town
the characters are basically goofy caricatures in fallout

The few scenes of violence don't fit properly with that they seemed to be aiming for.
a fallout series for teenagers with a few nods to the parents who played the games that watch with them

Last edited:
Associate
enjoyed the 2 episodes i've seen up to now, google reviews, imdb, rotten tomatoes, in fact afaik most journalistic/movie review websites etc are praising it (i've not seen a negative review as yet but only looked briefly). enjoyed the 2nd episode much more than the first but then i always found the vault parts of the game a bit boring.

Back
Top Bottom