This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
I had the opposite experience back in 2006 - they overpaid me, then became incredibly hostile and harassing trying to chase up something like £18 the system told them I'd been overpaid when it was actually around £400 and in trying to do the right thing and get them to correct it nearly ended up with them taking me to court because they insisted I was trying to get out of paying £18... I wouldn't be surprised if there is a scandal there under the surface nearly as bad as the whole Post Office thing with people being denied money or told they owed money different to what they actually do.
I grew up on a council estate and my mum was the type to fight every battle against council/benefits/etc etc for people. The pattern we've seen for decades is that through incompetence or malice, they like to overpay benefits and then have people on a punitive payment plan for years. It seems like a good way to keep people down TBH.

Last edited:
Caporegime
HISEgHG.jpeg

HzgIDZN.jpeg

Took the pup out for a lovely walk.
Wild garlic in top pic. Picked some to use at home in cooking.

Soldato
What a beautiful evening.

I stood around feeling useless (my neck is still not right) while my wife weeded the edge of the rose garden. The kids went through their "secret tunnel" through the bushes into the woods bit at the end of the garden. I could hear them giggling in there.

I'm a lucky bugger.

Last edited:
Soldato
What a beautiful evening.

I stood around feeling useless (my neck is still not right) while my wife weeded the edge of the rose garden. The kids went through their "secret tunnel" through the bushes into the woods bit at the end of the garden. I could hear them giggling in there.

I'm a lucky bugger.
I was just saying to my partner tonight, that this past year we have had so many moments like that. Where just normal life, sitting and being, is easier and nicer than before. We've been through some **** in 10 years and it feels like we finally got through it to the good bit :)

Associate
###removed###

Well today the school she teaches at has decided to lay off half the teachers..

###removed###

Tempted to tell her to get the **** out, I’ve spent the last 12 years giving everything to this relationship and I’m in exactly the same situation when I left the army, something I loved.
You don't deserve her! You are blaming HER for something that is totally out of HER control. She should tell you to **** off! Totally shallow!

Soldato
Broke my crown, I could cry :(

Eating an M&M of all things. Broke it clean in half. Hoping the dentist can see me quickly.

Always the inconspicuous things, bacon sandwich did it for me broke my tooth in half chewing the very first bite, one of my front teeth too. Over a £1000 for a root canal thanks to a bacon sammich. Hope they can get it sorted.

Man of Honour
Always the inconspicuous things, bacon sandwich did it for me broke my tooth in half chewing the very first bite, one of my front teeth too. Over a £1000 for a root canal thanks to a bacon sammich. Hope they can get it sorted.

It didn’t need a root canal last time, so I’m hoping it doesn’t this time! The filling underneath is intact at least.

Soo another example of over reaction/ not understanding animals from my missus who is / was adamant that she wants to be a small holder..

So I’m sat at work with a load of apprentices when the receptionist comes storming in. “Your wife has called, the dogs been injured and there’s blood everywhere, she sounded panicked”

Me “oh, ok I’ll ring her now”

Ring her, she’s in the car coming back from the park with the dog in the back.
Is the dog acting differently? Her no he’s still excited about where he’s going to next, is the dog whining? Nope, was he limping? No, how much blood is there? It’s everywhere he covered in it!

Odd, so head home.

Get home and find her on the phone with her mother in the car whilst the dog is sat in the back of the car.

Missus is adamant she’s taking him to the vet…

Get the dog out of the car let him walk in front, no limp, bit of blood on his legs and small drops on floor. Ok so it’s not making him limp so no pain.

Carry the dog upstairs as I don’t want blood on the carpet and put him in the bath tub. And start the bath. Wash all the blood off and give him a proper clean. Once clean find the source of the cut, he’s sliced his carpal pad on his left paw. It’s bleeding slightly. Point it out to my missus whose face has now become very grey. Ask her if she’s ok and she just drops out like a light. So now I have a bleeding wet dog that will try to escape the bath and my missus out on the threshold..

Closed the shower screen on the bath as he’s not a clever dog when it comes to glass, check on my missus all good she comes around asking what happened…

Once’s she’s sat down and sipping a glass of water I go back to the dog dry him off, clean the wound again with antibacterial wipes and spray. Get out the dog plastic plaster spray, put on a patch and bandage it in place and release the dog, who’s more ****** about the bath than the injury.

My missus is now saying we need to take him to the vets, trying to explain to her that pad injuries happen, you can’t stitch them as the skin is not normal as you’ll rip them out before the pad heals. What if it gets infected, that’s why I cleaned and filled it with antibacterial spray then sealed it with the plastic plaster and bandage, plus I’ll check it every day…

I swear if she was in charge of a farm you wouldn’t make money as you’d spend all the money on vet bills.

Basic human and animal first aid should be mandatory in schools.

The dog is fine btw, he’s just scored the left overs of my mother in laws Sunday roast because of course she needed to come over..

Also if you have an animal and it’s hurt itself, take it to the vet if the animal changes its normal actions. With dogs it’s usually ignoring everyone but its favourite. If you are not sure take the animal to the vet
I wanted to be a vet nurse so when they sent you on one of those "work day experiences" at school when you're a teenager, I obviously chose to go to a vets for the day.

They were needing to operate on a cat and I fainted!! Lol!

It was then that I decided a career as a veterinary nurse was no longer on the cards! :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My normal dentist - we can see you next Thursday. Helpful.

The private clinic around the corner, we’ll see you lunchtime. It’s going to cost, but it needs to be sorted. They are also competent.

Last edited:
Soldato
My normal dentist - we can see you next Thursday. Helpful.

The private clinic around the corner, we’ll see you lunchtime. It’s going to cost, but it needs to be sorted. They are also competent.

I honestly refuse to go NHS dentists anymore, I'm fairly resistant to lidocaine so I need a fairly high dosage, NHS dentists all refused to listen and it caused a real phobia for me, go to this private one now, yeah expensive but he listens. Had one a while back where I told him I was feeling the tool and it was semi painful so he put a load more in, so worth the money in my mind.

Man of Honour
I honestly refuse to go NHS dentists anymore, I'm fairly resistant to lidocaine so I need a fairly high dosage, NHS dentists all refused to listen and it caused a real phobia for me, go to this private one now, yeah expensive but he listens. Had one a while back where I told him I was feeling the tool and it was semi painful so he put a load more in, so worth the money in my mind.

Yeah, it was a much better experience.

50/50 whether we’ll be able to save the tooth, but we’ll try another crown. Even private they aren’t free until June! At least they’ve managed a temporary composite on top, second time lucky.

Going to be a tricky job and he’s booked me in for longer because I’m rubbish in the dentist.

If it fails this time the tooth will have to come out. Not bothered, it’s at the back anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom